Home

For Single Season Player, No Way to Keep 40 Man from Autofilling?

This is a discussion on For Single Season Player, No Way to Keep 40 Man from Autofilling? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2020, 05:05 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 4
For Single Season Player, No Way to Keep 40 Man from Autofilling?

I was a season mode only player. I don't want to deal with minors. I only want MLB players on real rosters playing the real schedule. No trades, no FA's, no injuries. When Season Mode was removed, I could still play Franchise with a roster that only had 25 on the 40 man, which meant my MLB rosters/lineups/rotations stuck after ST and I didn't have to make any adjustments.

I just downloaded a roster from the vault that only has 26 on the 40 man. However, it appears the game auto-fills the 40 man roster after ST even if I have everything set to manual controlling all teams. Is there a way around this or is this just the way it is?

If this is the case, the game has essentially become too much trouble for me in the span of two releases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Single Season Player, No Way to Keep 40 Man from Autofilling?

I've already explained to you how the game works in another thread.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:26 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
I've already explained to you how the game works in another thread.
I beg your forgiveness, your majesty.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #4
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
I beg your forgiveness, your majesty.

Why would you ask again?

If you will spend an hour or so reorganizing the minor league players once ST is over then the original roster file lineups and pitching rotations will be intact. Turn off injuries, call ups / send downs etc and the game will play exactly like you want it to.
Old 04-20-2020, 07:45 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Why would you ask again?

If you will spend an hour or so reorganizing the minor league players once ST is over then the original roster file lineups and pitching rotations will be intact. Turn off injuries, call ups / send downs etc and the game will play exactly like you want it to.
What makes you think I owe you any type of explanation? Other than a keyboard warrior, who are you exactly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #6
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
What makes you think I owe you any type of explanation? Other than a keyboard warrior, who are you exactly?

I'm someone who has answered your question twice and who has tried to help you enjoy the game, but you're on your own from now on.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:18 AM   #7
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
I was a season mode only player. I don't want to deal with minors. I only want MLB players on real rosters playing the real schedule. No trades, no FA's, no injuries. When Season Mode was removed, I could still play Franchise with a roster that only had 25 on the 40 man, which meant my MLB rosters/lineups/rotations stuck after ST and I didn't have to make any adjustments.

I just downloaded a roster from the vault that only has 26 on the 40 man. However, it appears the game auto-fills the 40 man roster after ST even if I have everything set to manual controlling all teams. Is there a way around this or is this just the way it is?

If this is the case, the game has essentially become too much trouble for me in the span of two releases.
Last year it wouldn't auto fill. I've always started off with the 25 man (now 26 man roster) and played with that 25 man roster thru ST and would start my season (franchise) with only those 25 men. This year it's different. I was sort of like WTH after adjusting the 40 man to 25 to find out that is filled it back to 40 to start with spring training.

I would suggest you just AUTO adjust all the rosters and then work on them piecemeal to get them accurate. (assuming you're using full roster control on the 30 teams)

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 04-20-2020 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:31 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Last year it wouldn't auto fill. I've always started off with the 25 man (now 26 man roster) and played with that 25 man roster thru ST and would start my season (franchise) with only those 25 men. This year it's different. I was sort of like WTH after adjusting the 40 man to 25 to find out that is filled it back to 40 to start with spring training.

I would suggest you just AUTO adjust all the rosters and then work on them piecemeal to get them accurate. (assuming you're using full roster control on the 30 teams)
This is exactly my problem and it's just too much work for me to deal with. There's no reason to change this just like there was no reason to remove Season Mode. I'll do something else with my time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »