Home

EA and the development of the next Madden 21

This is a discussion on EA and the development of the next Madden 21 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2020, 08:14 AM   #1
Rookie

packers96's Arena

OVR: 0

How long after the release of Madden 20 do you think the EA team started working on the next Madden 21 game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 08:18 AM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers96
How long after the release of Madden 20 do you think the EA team started working on the next Madden 21 game?

They start working on the next game before the current one releases, so probably July of 2019. I’m basing that on my time visiting the studio a couple times for community day events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #3
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Re: EA and the development of the next Madden 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They start working on the next game before the current one releases, so probably July of 2019. I’m basing that on my time visiting the studio a couple times for community day events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
do you think they improve alot on Connected Franchise Mode in Madden 21 ? they need add one new feature is coach carousel, overhaul few things : contract signing, trade logic, re-sign logic.. what your prediction on gameplay improvement ??
Old 04-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Only thing I'm certain on for M21 is that SS KO will get expanded, which means SS and X Factors are here to stay. Personally, I think they should stay and the more they implement them the better player differentiation will get.

I have 0 expectations for Franchise. They have a lot of work ahead of them adding 2 new stadiums and getting all of the new uniforms in. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to spin those as the big "additions" to franchise.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #5
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Only thing I'm certain on for M21 is that SS KO will get expanded, which means SS and X Factors are here to stay. Personally, I think they should stay and the more they implement them the better player differentiation will get.

I have 0 expectations for Franchise. They have a lot of work ahead of them adding 2 new stadiums and getting all of the new uniforms in. I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to spin those as the big "additions" to franchise.
if they don't add anything good to Franchise and improve little bit to Franchise Mode then i don't think it is worth buying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 09:16 AM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
if they don't add anything good to Franchise and improve little bit to Franchise Mode then i don't think it is worth buying
I agree with the sentiment, but they added absolutely nothing this year to franchise and it's been an incredible game. I've put 500 hours into solo franchises this year. If they continue to improve gameplay, I'll be hooked again next year.

Don't get me wrong, I would be first in line to pay a stupid amount of money for a Madden game with a DeuceDouglas-style complete overhaul of Franchise. I've also seen how little they care about Franchise though so I'm keeping expectations low and any additions will be a bonus. I can't keep getting my hopes up for them to re-prioritize their dev time year after year lol.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:20 AM   #7
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I agree with the sentiment, but they added absolutely nothing this year to franchise and it's been an incredible game. I've put 500 hours into solo franchises this year. If they continue to improve gameplay, I'll be hooked again next year.

Don't get me wrong, I would be first in line to pay a stupid amount of money for a Madden game with a DeuceDouglas-style complete overhaul of Franchise. I've also seen how little they care about Franchise though so I'm keeping expectations low and any additions will be a bonus. I can't keep getting my hopes up for them to re-prioritize their dev time year after year lol.
yeah add one new feature is coach carousel is awesome with small improvement is fine with me.. i hope they overhaul whole defense gameplay especially man coverage, zone man coverage
Old 04-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I can't prove this, but i think they are working off a previous version and just tweak it. So they're modifying Madden 20 and just slapping 21 on it. I think most sports games work off previous versions and just update it. I think it's a glorious/patch update with just a full price tag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »