Home

MLS/Liga MX in Libertadores Career

This is a discussion on MLS/Liga MX in Libertadores Career within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2020, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
MLS/Liga MX in Libertadores Career

Planning on starting a new career mode but moving the Liga MX and MLS to South America to play in the Copa Libertadores.

I’ll be swapping the Liga MX (19 teams) with the Chilean league (16 teams). For this I’ll have to leave 3 clubs out (maybe Veracruz, Juarez, and 1 more). I’m pretty familiar with Liga MX so this isn’t that tough.

For the MLS (25 teams), however, I’ll be swapping them with the Colombian league (20 teams). I don’t know much about the MLS, so what teams do you guys recommend I leave out? Preferably bottom of the table clubs of course.

Also for those teams I leave out, are there any players I should “save” and manually transfer them to one of the clubs I’m swapping in to Colombia? Thanks for the help, any recommendations are gladly welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Re: MLS in Libertadores Career

I'd leave out FC Cincinnati for sure.

It's kind of tough otherwise, MLS doesn't have many perennial bottom dwellers, it's a very weird league. If you look at the 2019 table, other than the aforementioned, most of the teams just had fluke bad years after a good 2017 and/or 18. Some teams that were bad the last few years prior to 2019 (and the 2 games played this year) were still shaking off the expansion woos.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
I'd leave out FC Cincinnati for sure.

It's kind of tough otherwise, MLS doesn't have many perennial bottom dwellers, it's a very weird league. If you look at the 2019 table, other than the aforementioned, most of the teams just had fluke bad years after a good 2017 and/or 18. Some teams that were bad the last few years prior to 2019 (and the 2 games played this year) were still shaking off the expansion woos.

Dang it. I’ll probably just go through the teams and leave out those with the lowest transfer budget then

Are there any clubs that I just CAN’T leave out? Like for example Seattle Sounders and LA Galaxy?

Old 05-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #4
Pro

boxers's Arena

No bias here, but can't leave out Toronto FC. 1 x Cup Champions and 2 x Runners up. I would also include Montreal, LAFC and the two New York teams for derby purposes.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #5
MVP

Thanks for the help gents! These are the teams I ended up leaving out:

MLS: FC Cincinnati, Minnesota United, Philadelphia Union, and Vancouver Whitecaps.

Liga MX: FC Juarez, Club Necaxa, and Veracruz.

Sat on this for a couple weeks and took a while in the swap screen trying to determine who to leave out. Now I’m really hoping I don’t get bored and ditch this career in two weeks after this whole thought process damn it FIFA the things you make me do!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 02:54 AM   #6
MVP

Well, seemed like a good idea until I ran into some very FIFA-esque things that are almost killing it for me. For one, I always disable the first transfer window. Give me at least 6 months to play against teams as they are in real life. Unfortunately, the disable first transfer window applies to the summer window, but the Chile league starts in January during the winter window. So, lo and behold EA happened and teams went crazy in the transfer window.

Saw teams losing stars but oh well gotta keep going. This one ticks me off though:

The transfer amounts aren’t too crazy (values went down since I’m in the Chile league), but if anyone is familiar with Club Monterrey then you know those are 5 key players and all in attack. This is a top table club that I’m sure is going to be somewhere in the lower mid table now. Again, I’m still playing through it, but it sucks to know that one of the most competitive teams in the league is gone thanks to EA.

Old 05-14-2020, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
The transfer amounts aren’t too crazy (values went down since I’m in the Chile league), but if anyone is familiar with Club Monterrey then you know those are 5 key players and all in attack. This is a top table club that I’m sure is going to be somewhere in the lower mid table now. Again, I’m still playing through it, but it sucks to know that one of the most competitive teams in the league is gone thanks to EA.

Classic FIFA. I did this once as a world super league replacing the english system. But that royally messed up the Champions League and since the AI prioritizes that on your objectives it kinda ruined the whole thing
Old 05-18-2020, 12:47 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ChicoBass
Well, seemed like a good idea until I ran into some very FIFA-esque things that are almost killing it for me. For one, I always disable the first transfer window. Give me at least 6 months to play against teams as they are in real life. Unfortunately, the disable first transfer window applies to the summer window, but the Chile league starts in January during the winter window. So, lo and behold EA happened and teams went crazy in the transfer window.

Saw teams losing stars but oh well gotta keep going. This one ticks me off though:

I have a plan for a liga mx and mls merger ... this is how the teams spent money on my test cm

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »