Home

1080p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS

This is a discussion on 1080p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
1080p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS

I’ve been nonstop tinkering with picture settings both on my tv and the PS4 PRO itself and I think my decision has been made to go with 1080p on (faster) because the FPS is too sporadic on 4K and it’s silky smooth when u change the resolution on your PlayStation to 1080....... is anyone else sacrificing the resolution to get smoother gameplay or is that not worth it to you guys? Love to hear other opinions on this as I’ve been going nuts on what way to go......lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 08:55 PM   #2
MVP

Re: 1080p @ 60 FPS or 4K @ 30 FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
I’ve been nonstop tinkering with picture settings both on my tv and the PS4 PRO itself and I think my decision has been made to go with 1080p on (faster) because the FPS is too sporadic on 4K and it’s silky smooth when u change the resolution on your PlayStation to 1080....... is anyone else sacrificing the resolution to get smoother gameplay or is that not worth it to you guys? Love to hear other opinions on this as I’ve been going nuts on what way to go......lol

It’s funny I was doing exactly what you were. I’ve just decided to keep it at Faster and not think about it. This was also driving me nuts. The show is just one of those games that you can’t enjoy 4K graphics and not sacrifice performance. All other games can manage to have 4K and great framerate but the show historically can’t. Also camera angle used also affects performance. Dynamic batting camera is ok but for fielding it hiccups. So I use Retro while playing defense.

This drove me nuts for a long time and the. I decided just play Faster mode and chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-26-2020, 08:59 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
It’s funny I was doing exactly what you were. I’ve just decided to keep it at Faster and not think about it. This was also driving me nuts. The show is just one of those games that you can’t enjoy 4K graphics and not sacrifice performance. All other games can manage to have 4K and great framerate but the show historically can’t. Also camera angle used also affects performance. Dynamic batting camera is ok but for fielding it hiccups. So I use Retro while playing defense.

This drove me nuts for a long time and the. I decided just play Faster mode and chill.

Ya man the game is just not smooth in 4K and I think the sacrifice in resolution is worth it to watch how buttery smooth it is in 1080...... glad I’m not the only one lol

Old 04-26-2020, 10:11 PM   #4
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

I was wondering what issues you see in 4k? I play MoM franchise on HD and I don't see any problems. Maybe I'll see what you see if you point it out.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57
I was wondering what issues you see in 4k? I play MoM franchise on HD and I don't see any problems. Maybe I'll see what you see if you point it out.

When the ps4 is playing at 2160 (4K) the framerate is all over the place and constantly drops to noticeable levels...... when I forced the game at 1080p but still in hdr and boost mode on the game is at a very solid 60 FPS and just looks so much smoother gameplay wise

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2020, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57

Good question. Here is the best way I can put it. Look at the picture motion on balanced and compare it to faster. On balanced it seems like it takes a nan second longer to deliver the pitch in the wind up. It’s small but annoying to some. Just overall performance is more sluggish.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
Good question. Here is the best way I can put it. Look at the picture motion on balanced and compare it to faster. On balanced it seems like it takes a nan second longer to deliver the pitch in the wind up. It’s small but annoying to some. Just overall performance is more sluggish.

And to expand on that I took it a step further and put the PS4 on 1080 on top of the show being set at faster and it’s just night and day difference in performance....... I strongly encourage anyone to give it a try and get back with me on how it felt

Old 04-26-2020, 10:32 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
And to expand on that I took it a step further and put the PS4 on 1080 on top of the show being set at faster and it’s just night and day difference in performance....... I strongly encourage anyone to give it a try and get back with me on how it felt

How do o do that? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »