Home

Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

This is a discussion on Its NFL Playgrounds, right? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

Ive read alot of the speculation here and how some people are hopeful this will be a new version of NFL 2k. With that said, I think its obvious what this game will be.

2k already has two arcade games: NBA Playgrounds and the recently announced WWE Playgrounds.

Does it seem pretty obvious that the "non-sim" game will likely be an NFL version of the Playground series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 05:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Its NFL Playgrounds, right?

In the words of Commissioner Robert Goodell, it's "more probable than not".
Old 04-28-2020, 07:07 PM   #3
Pro

If they something arcade type, it probably will be NFL Street. But they could probably do something like 2k5 or 2k8 because those were not called "simulation style football" on the cover, it was called an authentic gridiron game.111473-all-pro-football-2k8-playstation-3-back-cover.jpeg35197-espn-nfl-2k5-xbox-back-cover.jpeg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-28-2020, 07:27 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

I honestly think that wishful thinking. EA pays millions to have exclusivity when it comes to NFL football. NFL is likely breaching their contract if they agree to allow 2k to release a game anywhere close to NFL 2k or APF.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
If they something arcade type, it probably will be NFL Street. But they could probably do something like 2k5 or 2k8 because those were not called "simulation style football" on the cover, it was called an authentic gridiron game.Attachment 178174Attachment 178175

Sent from my LM-V405 using Operation Sports mobile app
Changing the word "simulation gaming" to "x gaming" doesn't mean it wouldn't be considered sim gaming based on the agreement (which we are all speculating on).

I'm just trying to temper my expectation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I'm fairly confident that it'll be in the same vain as NBA Playgrounds/WWE Battlegrounds. Which is fine for those who want that kind of experience. I can't see them doing anything like their old 2K games and passing it off as "arcade". But that's just my feelings right now. I'm preparing myself for it now, that way I can be surprised if I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 04-28-2020, 11:04 PM   #7
Banned

AUTHENTICNFLNBA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I honestly think that wishful thinking. EA pays millions to have exclusivity when it comes to NFL football. NFL is likely breaching their contract if they agree to allow 2k to release a game anywhere close to NFL 2k or APF.

What people fail to realize is that, just because EA has the exclusive licensing agreement ( not even a full year left on it before it's time to sit down at the table ) that doesn't mean 2K SPORTS can't gather ASSETS or even DEVELOP an NFL game from the inside!! Do you guys understand how long it takes to HIRE developers for a sports game? Do you guys even REALIZE on this forum how long they've been working closely with the NFL? Saber interactive is not known for making WWE games.. Which means they've been working behind close doors BEFORE Take Two announced it right? Did WWE CORPORATIONS come out and announce this partnership with 2K? NOOOO!! The NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE AND THE NFLPA acknowledged both ends of the spectrum AND EA SPORTS came for their necks shortly after!!! You guys can not be that BLIND to not see what has transpired here.. Being optimistic is an UNDERSTATEMENT when you know for a fact that 2K SPORTS have been shopping for DEVELOPERS since 2013!!! Oh, let me guess, y'all didn't see nor hear about EA 2020 DRAFT SHOW on ESPN being stuck in limbo over contract obligations right? Can't blame it on the epidemic... It's the silent partnerships that we'll present themselves in the not so distant future is what really happened! Why would Lamar leak the cover for 21 after being grilled with NDA contracts? Those relationships have failed... Y'all sleep!! We are getting a full fledged football game whether it's APF or something else and that's a FACT!!! TAKE TWO and 2K SPORTS plays big!! Their money is longer than it was in 2005! EA SPORTS will share the market come 2021 and that's a FACT.. Go buy a share or two before it's too late..

Last edited by AUTHENTICNFLNBA; 04-28-2020 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:07 AM   #8
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Does it seem pretty obvious that the "non-sim" game will likely be an NFL version of the Playground series.[?]
That seems like the logical conclusion on the surface. But then the bigger question would be why isn't that game coming out THIS year alongside the other 2k "Grounds" titles? It would make a ton more sense, right?...

Why would 2k wait a year and a half after announcing the NFL partnership just to release the NFL version of NBA Playgrounds?

That doesn't make much sense, especially when you consider they've likely been working on this title for some time already and had to have shown NFL reps an impressive demo of it.

However, I could definitely see why some would rather assume it's an NFL Playgrounds game as to not set themselves up for disappointment.

Personally, Im approaching this with an open mind while keeping my expectations in check.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »