Home

Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

This is a discussion on Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

Hello everyone

If you're here, then you're like me in that you want to watch your franchise play out with little to no onfield input from you. There's a certain number of us out there that get satisfaction from building a roster and watching the simulation engine play it out for years. Unfortunately, there is a shocking lack of realistic, organic-looking gameplay sliders that also produce similar to real-life stats during CPU v CPU play this year.

CDCool has done a good job of making sliders that give an accurate end of game stat line, but with his set, I just couldn't live with the lack of pass rush, as the pass block slider being so high completely negated the defensive lineman no matter what their ratings were. They simply could not shed blocks in passing situations. This was frustrating to me, and so I began my hunt/testing.

What I've come up with by splicing together multiple theory's from slider testers much more proficient and experienced than myself is what I believe to be a revelation for us CPU v CPU players. You GM's out there now have a set which I believe not only gives realistic end-of-game stat lines, but also creates an engaging, non-frustrating way to watch this game and build your teams while still feeling like your roster decisions matter.

Most credit here is to Matt10, as his slider set is the base for this set (link at the bottom of this post for his set, I advise you read his work because he has a ton of insight on how all the settings play together). He sought to make sliders for realistic gameplay for user v cpu, and he has done some amazing work. His use of penalties to affect gameplay is key. It can't be understated how much penalty sliders affect what happens from the CPU, and his settings in that regard are what unlocked the CPU v CPU gameplay.
So, with credit given and no further ado, here's what this set accomplishes:

QB Play:

Yes, you will still see the backfield "feeling the pressure I better spin in a circle" animation, unfortunately that is here to stay. However, what you'll notice using these sliders is that QB play is much more organic, stepping up in the pocket to throw the ball away, finding open guys in zones, and (I know, I can't believe this either) ACTUALLY TAKING DEEP SHOTS EVERY NOW AND THEN. Now, the QB still won't go deep constantly, but I don't see this as a problem because deep shots in the NFL don't happen often, unless you're KC. It is the most organic the QB play has felt since I started this journey, and I hope you guys get good results as well.

RB Play:

The running backs are no longer stuffed on every tackle, they use their abilities to break tackles, shack off arm tackles, run through defenders and make guys miss without the run game feeling over powered. You'll get games from guys like CMC and Derrick Henry where they go over 160, and you'll get games from Zeke where he just cant get it going early and the game script forces him in to the low 70's. Breakaway runs can happen, but even 4 yard gains are exciting because you actually feel like RB's can make plays on ANY play.

WR Play:

Not much to say here, WR's are consistent among most slider sets, this set simply makes them more dangerous after the catch, while making contested catches more difficult to hang on to.

OLine:

Studs feel like studs. A really good pulling lineman can create a massive hole, while a bad one with low awareness might miss a block entirely.

DLine:

Not overpowered, but talent shows. Having a great D line shows in the time it takes for them to shed blocks in pass rush AND the running game. No more wasting time watching D lineman that can never break blocks.

DB play:

DB's get a lot of help from their pass rush, and this feels good. Man coverage just isn't something this engine can accomplish particularly well, but it feels tight without being restricting, and these settings help the QB play more realistically.

====================================

Here is the final set that I've come up with. Enjoy. And please, post reactions and stats if you can.

Starting at the main menu (MM)

Settings:

Difficulty:
-Skill Level: All-Madden
-Game Style: Simulation

Clock Management
-Quarter Length:13 Minutes
-Play Clock: On
-Accelerated Clock: On
-Minimum Play Clock Time: 15 sec
- There are some conflicting theory's regarding play clock, and all I'll say is this, 15 sec left allows the offense to run motion plays without delay of game penalties. Any lower than this and I seem to see a lot more "arcade" style game plans, where the offenses don't know what to call. 13 minute quarters gives a pretty realistic number of total plays

Coin Toss:
- 1st Choice: Receive
- 2nd Choice: Your preference
- By selecting receive, you'll sometimes kick, and sometimes get the ball. If you select kick, the CPU ALWAYS picks to receive, so you'll get the same outcome everytime.

Gameplay Helpers:
- Auto Flip: On
- Defensive Ballhawk: On
- Defensive Heat Seeker Assist - Off
- Defensive Switch Assist - Off
- Coach Mode - Off

Player Sliders:
- Injuries: 50 (this value MUST be at 50 in both your CFM and the MM in order to get realistic play)
- Fatigue: 50
- Player Speed Parity Scale: 45 (this value allows fast guys to be fast without allowing home runs on every deep pass/outside run.

Out of settings, in to Penalties:

Offside - 70
False Start - 70
Offensive Holding - 55
Facemask - 45
Illegal Block in the back - 55
Roughing the passer - 45
Defensive Pass interference - 55
Ineligible receiver downfield - Off
Every other Penalty set to "On"

Sliders for Player Skill and CPU Skill are the same, set these in the MM before you start your franchise:

QB Acc: - 45
PBL - 30
WR Catch - 45
Run blocking - 40
Fumbles - 55
Reaction Time - 50
Interceptions - 30
Pass Coverage - 50
Tackling - 38
FG Power - 54
FG Acc - 48
Punt Power - 44
Punt Acc - 50
Kickoff Power - 55

Auto Subs: Out/In

QB - 60/80
RB - 93/95
WR - 73/75
FB - 60/80
OL - 60/80
DT - 93/95
DE - 93/95
LB - 60/80
CB - 60/80
S - 60/80

START YOUR FRANCHISE (I suggest using the TFG roster set on Madden Share dated 4/29/20, as it doesn't add in the rookies, or make the trades that took place, but does update all key players from this past season. He's really provided a great roster with a lot of care towards not overvaluing players.

All Madden, Simulation, Make sure to adjust quarter length and minimum play clock time to 13/15 respectively, and the only other change I make is turn Weekly Training to Auto. This keeps me from having an unfair advantage, as when simulated the cpu always gets Bronze.

Game Play Sliders

If you followed the sliders to this point, just hit "Import Custom Sliders". Otherwise, refer to the above sliders.

XP Sliders (All Credit to Tdawg)
QB - 95
HB - 125
TE - 150
WR - 125
FB - 115
OT - 145
OG - 135
C - 165
DE - 140
DT - 170
MLB - 95
OLB - 98
CB - 95
FS - 107
SS - 106
K/P - 100

And that's it, you're done. Sit back and watch. Don't use preseason as a judgment on the set, as the OLine/Dline matchups are wonky AF in preseason. I recommend simming to Regular season before watching games, or watching only when starters are in (1st game 1 qtr, 2nd game 2, thrid game 3, 4th game 0)

Link to Matt10's set with explanations:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Re: Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

Interesting...sliders are close to Matt’s..
Are your penalty sliders the same in MM and Franchise,? I’m guessing yes.
Some guys have MM sliders and Franchise sliders different..
Old 04-29-2020, 09:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

I was actually using his sliders and watching CPU vs CPU with Iteach's 1986 roster and a 1966 roster I have updated. Much to like as you said but one thing I noticed was that one RB on the winning team always had 150 yards or more. Running avgs were a bit high also for other rbs. I think the fumble slider at 55 is partly responsible for that. I am going to keep watching and see how things go.

It could also have to do with a custom roster set but the RBs in these rosters are not rated off the hook.

C

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-29-2020, 09:45 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Interesting...sliders are close to Matt’s..
Are your penalty sliders the same in MM and Franchise,? I’m guessing yes.
Some guys have MM sliders and Franchise sliders different..
Yea, they are the same in both MM and CFM.

Very close to Matt's, he put in a lot of work. Just had to week a few key values to make the computer make up for the lack of input. After weeks of testing, this is what I've come up with. Tell me how they work for you!
Old 04-30-2020, 06:41 AM   #5
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyhockaday

Very close to Matt's, he put in a lot of work. Just had to week a few key values to make the computer make up for the lack of input. After weeks of testing, this is what I've come up with. Tell me how they work for you!
Wow..just noticed you run theses on “All Madden” I’ve always felt All Madden was very cartoonish or arcade ....but I’ll give it a try plugging them in now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2020, 08:37 AM   #6
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:

Ok ..ran game last night and this morning...

Line play is very very good.
Also Backs foot plant and cut and react with “realism “...Tackling animations are better..(Madden has problem with their tackling animations)
An QB play is “Awesome “ ..they move in pocket better, throw deep..really best qb animations and logic I’ve ever seen..

My only problem is ...Completion Percentage is very very high 80 to 90 percent
Qbs were Luck -Rivers-Allen - Foles..
Don’t want to mess with sliders ..but if you have suggestions to lower completion percentage I’d appreciate it...because I dig theses sliders

Would like to see completion percentage around 67%....I know guys will top out in games here and there higher ...

Last edited by tuckermaine; 04-30-2020 at 08:47 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Ok ..ran game last night and this morning...

Line play is very very good.
Also Backs foot plant and cut and react with “realism “...Tackling animations are better..(Madden has problem with their tackling animations)
An QB play is “Awesome “ ..they move in pocket better, throw deep..really best qb animations and logic I’ve ever seen..

My only problem is ...Completion Percentage is very very high 80 to 90 percent
Qbs were Luck -Rivers-Allen - Foles..
Don’t want to mess with sliders ..but if you have suggestions to lower completion percentage I’d appreciate it...because I dig theses sliders

Would like to see completion percentage around 67%....I know guys will top out in games here and there higher ...
Completion percentages will vary. I'm currently running a SF dynasty, and Jimmy G is hovering around 70%. In the games so far, Big Ben lit me up to the tune of 21/28, but I also played against Jameis Winston who threw in the high 50's. Your pass rush, your play book, and your secondary all combine to change completion percentage. Better QB's will be high, but, they would be higher in real life too.

I just feel like completion percentage being a tad high is a worthwhile price to pay for the game play i'm seeing in other areas. I'd be hesitant to change a single slider, because other than completion percentage, I feel like this set gives us accurate catching ratings and wr's that act realistically.

I am toying with potentially raising PBL slider to give the QB's more time for receivers to get down field, but i'm afraid of what it will do to completion percentage. I'll run some tests tonight and see if it's acceptable.

So glad you're enjoying the set!
Old 04-30-2020, 09:24 PM   #8
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Completion percentages will vary. I'm currently running a SF dynasty, and Jimmy G is hovering around 70%. In the games so far, Big Ben lit me up to the tune of 21/28, but I also played against Jameis Winston who threw in the high 50's. Your pass rush, your play book, and your secondary all combine to change completion percentage. Better QB's will be high, but, they would be higher in real life too.

I just feel like completion percentage being a tad high is a worthwhile price to pay for the game play i'm seeing in other areas. I'd be hesitant to change a single slider, because other than completion percentage, I feel like this set gives us accurate catching ratings and wr's that act realistically.

I am toying with potentially raising PBL slider to give the QB's more time for receivers to get down field, but i'm afraid of what it will do to completion percentage. I'll run some tests tonight and see if it's acceptable.

So glad you're enjoying the set!
Yes..I’m with you...gameplay with this set is the best I’ve seen..and I can deal with 70% or so here and there but as you said I won’t sacrifice gameplay.
Qb acc could down but then they might start acting like robo automatons again.
I could raise pass coverage but what will that do to gameplay.

Anyway... Glad I checked your thread. If you come up with anything give me a shout k..I’ll do the same

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »