Home

32 inch monitor or a regular TV?

This is a discussion on 32 inch monitor or a regular TV? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #1
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

OVR: 0
32 inch monitor or a regular TV?

Wondering what are some of everyone's opinions on whether to use a 32 gaming monitor or is a regular TV better. What are pros and cons of each? All thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Operation Sports mobile app

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Re: 32 inch monitor or a regular TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies1744
Wondering what are some of everyone's opinions on whether to use a 32 gaming monitor or is a regular TV better. What are pros and cons of each? All thoughts and suggestions welcomed.

I know recent TV models are pretty good in term of lag but my Samsung computer monitor is a lot better than my TV setup ( an old 65” LG with a Onkyo passthrough amplifier).

As an example, with zone hitting, pitch speed at 3 is the max I can take with my TV setup but when playing on my PC monitor, I can take 6-7 easily. And I’m not a pretty good hitter like some here.

For sure I prefer my big TV to play so I’m got used to play with a lag. If you’re playing with meter pitching, the lag is pretty obvious and you have to press earlier to hit the optimum point.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #3
Rookie

cubbies1744's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
I know recent TV models are pretty good in term of lag but my Samsung computer monitor is a lot better than my TV setup ( an old 65” LG with a Onkyo passthrough amplifier).

As an example, with zone hitting, pitch speed at 3 is the max I can take with my TV setup but when playing on my PC monitor, I can take 6-7 easily. And I’m not a pretty good hitter like some here.

For sure I prefer my big TV to play so I’m got used to play with a lag. If you’re playing with meter pitching, the lag is pretty obvious and you have to press earlier to hit the optimum point.
Thanks I appreciate the reply I asked because I just got a gaming pc and ill have a capture card to do some game highlights on my website I made for my franchise and didn't know if I could use my second 4k monitor or bring my TV to the room with the PC

Never let the pressure exceed the expectations!-Joe Maddon
Old 04-30-2020, 10:17 PM   #4
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbies1744
Thanks I appreciate the reply I asked because I just got a gaming pc and ill have a capture card to do some game highlights on my website I made for my franchise and didn't know if I could use my second 4k monitor or bring my TV to the room with the PC

Just to add to it. I don’t have a 4K TV but in another thread some mentioned they prefer to run it on a 1080p resolution but at 60fps other than 4K and 30 fps. People mentioned they’re experimenting framerate issues at higher resolution. You can take a look at that thread.

Will be another ballgame with PS5 version next year tho ;-)
Old 05-01-2020, 08:25 AM   #5
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

It seems silly to say this, but I can't imagine playing The Show on a screen as small as a 32". I've had at least a 50" TV since the first game came out.

Back in the day, I used to play Triple Play on a 19" screen, but my eyes were a lot younger and better back then! I think I probably played SNES baseball games on a 15" screen when I was in high school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #6
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
It seems silly to say this, but I can't imagine playing The Show on a screen as small as a 32". I've had at least a 50" TV since the first game came out.

Back in the day, I used to play Triple Play on a 19" screen, but my eyes were a lot younger and better back then! I think I probably played SNES baseball games on a 15" screen when I was in high school.
I pretty much agree with all of this post except for the SNES part (never had one). I have a PRO and haven't noticed any lag or frame rate issues. I suppose that could be cluelessness on my part but I'm a happy camper!
Old 05-01-2020, 11:06 AM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
Just to add to it. I don’t have a 4K TV but in another thread some mentioned they prefer to run it on a 1080p resolution but at 60fps other than 4K and 30 fps. People mentioned they’re experimenting framerate issues at higher resolution. You can take a look at that thread.

Will be another ballgame with PS5 version next year tho ;-)
I have a 4k TV but play on the "Balanced setting". 1080/60 has too many jagged graphical edges for my tastes and full 4k/30 isnt smooth enough.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #8
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13

Doesn't really matter what the size is. What matters is the size to sitting distance ratio. You can be too close to a large TV. Since you're usually using a monitor at a desk.

I once had a 45 inch TV as a monitor. My friend had bought a new TV for our place and so (partially as a lark) I decided to set my TV up at my desk. It didn't last long. He ended up preferring my TV and returned the new one. But for those two days, I experienced having a 45 inch monitor on my desk. It was terrible.

Just pointing out that lower size isn't always a downgrade. Really depends on where and how you're going to play.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »