Home

Last Dance V4 1997-1998 Roster Complete

This is a discussion on Last Dance V4 1997-1998 Roster Complete within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Last Dance V5 (XBOX)1997-1998 Roster Complete

So for Xbox one I have pretty much finished a 1997-98 last dance roster. Almost full roster with edited attributes, ages, numbers, coaches(all), positions, tendancies. I’m working on tendancies, attributes and adding fringe players everyday. I’ll also be doing to contracts so you can continue this roster in GM. Rebuild the bulls ?

My Gamertag is MRDULAOBLONGATA and the one to use is last dance v4.

The main thing for me is if you set up a custom season with the roster, choose to control all nba teams, turn off injuries, all player movement, trades offers etc and sim a season

You get :

Jordan or Malone winning MVP or leading league in scoring. Bulls heat Utah lakers sonics spurs are all the teams that are main contenders. (Bulls 9/10 times meet jazz in finals)

Rodman always wins the rebounding. Stockton wins the assists which he didn’t that year but if I drop his mins the jazz suck so.

Kobe, McGrady, Finley, stackhouse, ham do the dunk contest.

About 14 of real 16 teams from 98 makes the playoffs.

The player scoring across the league is really accurate. The players that hit 22,23 points a game are very realistic. Plenty of teams have players that hit 19 a game as league scoring was balanced that year. Only Jordan Malone and Shaq hit 29,29 and 26/27 respectively.

I always play with controlling all teams and relocating them to their 98 nba courts and logos from my share. You can then have a real good sim 98 season.

I also edited the teams on how much they use their bench to allocate mins to starters which has a huge affect on stats across the nba.

Give it a try and sim a season like I explained. Any feedback welcome.

Things that i have noticed are :

Ewing makes the all star team. But to have Smits make it turns the pacers into champions most years when you mess with his stats or player mins.

It’s hard to have Strickland lead league in assists without him making the wizards win too much. He’s usually 4th

Mark Jackson assists are a bit off.

Everyone’s rebounding is a little high. Think there’s a slider for that before you start my season.

Last edited by Baldylocks81; 05-13-2020 at 06:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Last Dance V4 (XBOX)1997-1998 Roster Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldylocks81
So for Xbox one I have pretty much finished a 1997-98 last dance roster. Almost full roster with edited attributes, ages, numbers, coaches(all), positions, tendancies. I’m working on tendancies, attributes and adding fringe players everyday. I’ll also be doing to contracts so you can continue this roster in GM. Rebuild the bulls ?

My Gamertag is MRDULAOBLONGATA and the one to use is last dance v4.

The main thing for me is if you set up a custom season with the roster, choose to control all nba teams, turn off injuries, all player movement, trades offers etc and sim a season

You get :

Jordan or Malone winning MVP or leading league in scoring. Bulls heat Utah lakers sonics spurs are all the teams that are main contenders. (Bulls 9/10 times meet jazz in finals)

Rodman always wins the rebounding. Stockton wins the assists which he didn’t that year but if I drop his mins the jazz suck so.

Kobe, McGrady, Finley, stackhouse, ham do the dunk contest.

About 14 of real 16 teams from 98 makes the playoffs.

The player scoring across the league is really accurate. The players that hit 22,23 points a game are very realistic. Plenty of teams have players that hit 19 a game as league scoring was balanced that year. Only Jordan Malone and Shaq hit 29,29 and 26/27 respectively.

I always play with controlling all teams and relocating them to their 98 nba courts and logos from my share. You can then have a real good sim 98 season.

I also edited the teams on how much they use their bench to allocate mins to starters which has a huge affect on stats across the nba.

Give it a try and sim a season like I explained. Any feedback welcome.

Things that i have noticed are :

Ewing makes the all star team. But to have Smits make it turns the pacers into champions most years when you mess with his stats or player mins.

It’s hard to have Strickland lead league in assists without him making the wizards win too much. He’s usually 4th

Mark Jackson assists are a bit off.

Everyone’s rebounding is a little high. Think there’s a slider for that before you start my season.
Wow this certainly looks exciting! Is this roster designed purely for cpu vs cpu or user vs cpu as well?

Did you capitalise on miamiballer2k6's edits to the last dance roster for your project? Also, will you be doing playbooks at all?

Thanks again for your work!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Last Dance V4 (XBOX)1997-1998 Roster Complete

is there a team list to follow or did you replace the current teams?
Old 05-09-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
Just started!

Re: Last Dance V4 1997-1998 Roster Complete

Is anyone else having an issue, with there Xbox 1 shutting off when trying to use this roster. Trying to play a season with this roster and every time I go to edit MJ it shuts off.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #5
Rookie

The roster is designed for cpu vs player use too. All current nba teams have their 98 counterpart in place of them. I based this roster off someone’s roster but there’s was barely touched. Like most teams had 7 players etc. Can’t remember who it was. And for it black screening it done that to me too in the early days but I made sure the free agent pool had no more than 40 players so I’ll have a look at that again. But I’m editing it everyday and it’s not quitting on me. I noticed it quit on me editing stuff when in the actual season but I just had relocated 30 teams to get their 98 look from my share. I thought it may be a memory issue? So I only really edit stuff before hand in create a roster mode now. As for playbooks I don’t know if that interests me tbh. I’ve tinkered with focus points etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2020, 08:11 AM   #6
Rookie

1998 wasn’t the best year in nba history but it was of my favourite being MJs last. Seeing a lot of young guns like Kobe and Garnett come through. I played a lot of nba live that year so for me this is turning back the clock !

A few other snags I’m working on:

I can’t seem to get Reggie Miller to 31 or Bryant reeves to 50. Retired jerseys I guess.

I’d like the hornets to be a little better as they were the 4th seed that year in the east they usually are the 9th when I sim.

I’ve not touched too many shoes that would be my next venture. But I need a quick list of shoes from 98 players for that too happen. Only so many googling of 98 photos I can stick!

Ive edited a lot of overall attributes some people might find some players too high or too low but these really affect teams overall records and how many stats players are high in. Antoine and shared we’re young players that year but stat monsters. Kobe was a better player but only 15 off the bench hence the lower rating.

I’d like to do contracts too. So you can start a season and continue into 99. But id need a really good at least 30 man full 99 draft class.

Any suggestions welcome. Glad Xbox finally has a good 90s roster now. !!
Old 05-10-2020, 06:28 PM   #7
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldylocks81
1998 wasn’t the best year in nba history but it was of my favourite being MJs last. Seeing a lot of young guns like Kobe and Garnett come through. I played a lot of nba live that year so for me this is turning back the clock !

A few other snags I’m working on:

I can’t seem to get Reggie Miller to 31 or Bryant reeves to 50. Retired jerseys I guess.

I’d like the hornets to be a little better as they were the 4th seed that year in the east they usually are the 9th when I sim.

I’ve not touched too many shoes that would be my next venture. But I need a quick list of shoes from 98 players for that too happen. Only so many googling of 98 photos I can stick!

Ive edited a lot of overall attributes some people might find some players too high or too low but these really affect teams overall records and how many stats players are high in. Antoine and shared we’re young players that year but stat monsters. Kobe was a better player but only 15 off the bench hence the lower rating.

I’d like to do contracts too. So you can start a season and continue into 99. But id need a really good at least 30 man full 99 draft class.

Any suggestions welcome. Glad Xbox finally has a good 90s roster now. !!
for the retired jerseys, using Reggie as an example, you need to move your created Reggie to any other team but the Pacers and make sure he has #31 as his number.

Now go to the Pacers and change the name of an official real player (not created) with a lower OVR rating than Reggie on the Pacers to "Reggie Miller" and then change his number to #31 (the numbers unlock when you change the name of an official player)

Now re-assign the created Reggie back to the Pacers and if he has a higher OVR than official player who's name you changed, created Reggie will now be wearing the #31 jersey.

Then all you need to do is revert the original player back to his original name and jersey number and you'll have your retired number on the correct player. Works for all created numbers, used this for Reggie, Charles and a couple of others when making my own roster.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Fantastic that worked great. I also need to make people like Billups and van horn rookies. Easiest way to do that ? Turning experience to zero doesn’t work. Can you copy them then unlock full edits?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »