Home

Honest Question: How much do you think OS influences the developers?

This is a discussion on Honest Question: How much do you think OS influences the developers? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

OVR: 0
Honest Question: How much do you think OS influences the developers?

This question popped in my mind today while I was reading through a recent thread I made about frame rate. You don’t have to look hard for threads specifically mentioning poor frame rate throughout the game.

In my thread I mentioned I played a game in a MiLB stadium and the game felt near 60 FPS. This was obviously due to lack of fans and resources being used to generate the fans.

The game felt so smooth and my timing on hitting and pitching felt so much better since there weren’t any minor frame skips.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but back when the Baltimore Riots we’re going on and the Orioles played a game without fans, if you used the “play today’s games” feature on whatever version of MLBTS it was, you could actually play without fans in the stadium.

As someone who has grown tired of the repetitive commentary/lackluster crowd atmosphere, I play all of my games while watching YouTube videos or some other form of media.
I’d love for an option to disable the crowd so that I could play a much smoother game.

I mean heck, we may even see real baseball that way this year.

Long story short, how much influence do you think these forums have over the decisions made at SDS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Honest Question: How much do you think OS influences the developers?

Not much if at all. Probably see a lot of our posts as “noise”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #3
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Not so much as it used to be. Back in the day the top dogs of OS got invited to community day every year and a lot of things we have in the game now is a result of those days. Now it’s all about the streamers.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Probably not at all. Too much negativity from some people on here just because.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #5
Rookie

JWDixon120's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Not so much as it used to be. Back in the day the top dogs of OS got invited to community day every year and a lot of things we have in the game now is a result of those days. Now it’s all about the streamers.

This has been the trend I’ve seen as well. Many, many sports games have taken this route trying to appeal to younger audiences. Which in a sense is good, but it’s starting to feel like pure exploitation of gambling habits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #6
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Zero. Just look at franchise mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 05-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

MightyMaxxx13's Arena

OVR: 2

I believe what is said here has a great deal of influence. I think if SDS didn’t have people perusing OS, TSN, or the social media groups they wouldn’t be doing their job.

There is a ton of anecdotal evidence to support this, so we could probably go on all day with it if we wanted to. I think SDS threw the offline crowd a major bone with adding custom teams and pseudo-relocations in franchise mode. Thats no doubt been a topic here for years. It’s also no secret that the DD crowd hates bunt cheesers, and many of us can attest to bunting being effectively nerfed (beginning in ‘18 I believe?).

So yeah it goes both ways. I think they do a good job all said and done ... this is the best sports game out there. As an offline franchise die-hard I’ve resigned myself to accepting some minor incremental changes year-over-year. So if you ARE reading this SDS intern, please clean up the CPU transaction logic a bit
Old 05-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Going back maybe 6-7 years ago you’d see SDS devs pop in and answer questions, drop nuggets in these forums. I feel this was where they got a lot of targeted feedback. Some OS members were brought to SDS for community day to help devs out.

These days, they are moving on from the OS community simply because the aspect of the game this community is passionate about does not make them any money. Unlike the DD crowd which is literally cash in their pockets. And no, you cannot blame them one bit. They are in the business of making money just like any other company out there. And it would be stupid of them to turn their head to money making opportunities.

It is a shame because there is a lot of experience on these forums and a tremendous amount of care for a great product each year. In a perfect world there would be enough time and resources for the devs to appease both crowds but as for now we have to take what we can get while DD continues to evolve and expand.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »