Home

Hidden Gems in Franchise

This is a discussion on Hidden Gems in Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3
Hidden Gems in Franchise

I thought there was already a thread for this but any I've discovered two hidden gems in my Nats/Angels, two players producing for the Angels. One is Luis Rengifo(2B/SS/3B) he has decent speed, a good bat with some pop and a good glove, I use him as a lead off hitter DH, so far through 10 games he's hitting over .300 with a couple HRs and 6 RBI. The other Erick Salcedo(IF/OF) with a decent bat, good speed and a good glove, I've used him as a pinch runner and platoon him all over. In my last game I used Salcedo as a pinch runner that stole 2nd and scored the winning run when Rengifo blooped a single into left field on a two strike count.

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 10:32 PM   #2
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Hidden Gems in Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfan2
I thought there was already a thread for this but any I've discovered two hidden gems in my Nats/Angels, two players producing for the Angels. One is Luis Rengifo(2B/SS/3B) he has decent speed, a good bat with some pop and a good glove, I use him as a lead off hitter DH, so far through 10 games he's hitting over .300 with a couple HRs and 6 RBI. The other Erick Salcedo(IF/OF) with a decent bat, good speed and a good glove, I've used him as a pinch runner and platoon him all over. In my last game I used Salcedo as a pinch runner that stole 2nd and scored the winning run when Rengifo blooped a single into left field on a two strike count.
Btw, discovered both really by playing a couple of spring training game.😉

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 05-14-2020, 11:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Victor Reyes on the tigers is pretty good. Switch hitter, decent contact, decent speed, pretty good fielder.

I had Luis Rengifo on a franchise he's a nice little piece, I picked him up cheap, was planning on swapping him to a contender near the trade deadline. But then his potential went up to B so I figured I'd hang on to him until next season. He ended up sticking around a long time lol
Old 05-14-2020, 11:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway_sub
Victor Reyes on the tigers is pretty good. Switch hitter, decent contact, decent speed, pretty good fielder.

I had Luis Rengifo on a franchise he's a nice little piece, I picked him up cheap, was planning on swapping him to a contender near the trade deadline. But then his potential went up to B so I figured I'd hang on to him until next season. He ended up sticking around a long time lol

Reyes is a beast. He hit 330~ for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-14-2020, 11:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Daniel Palka is an amazing pinch hitter and spot starter. Great power, and usually comes up big.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2020, 12:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway_sub

IDK if he would be considered a "hidden gem" but Cameron Maybin is hitting .317 with 14 HR and 42 RBI in the leadoff spot in 70 games. OBP of .406
Old 05-15-2020, 02:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
IDK if he would be considered a "hidden gem" but Cameron Maybin is hitting .317 with 14 HR and 42 RBI in the leadoff spot in 70 games. OBP of .406
Maybin has always raked for me on the show, great pick, especially with him being older now, on a rebuilding team, easy piece to pick up!
Old 05-15-2020, 06:15 AM   #8
Banned

SouthernWarrior's Arena

Eduardo Nunez is semi reliable as a veteran bench/platoon guy.

I'm a HUGE Matt Adams fan. He plays OF and 1B and especially as a PH, pitches take him for granted and he has like 85 power from the right side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »