Home

it amazes me 2k still won't allow for archetype/build change in myplayer

This is a discussion on it amazes me 2k still won't allow for archetype/build change in myplayer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

OVR: 0

Even for vc?

I mean, it takes a long time to build your myplayer up to 90+ without glitches, by the time I get there, I kind get burnt out by grinding, want a different build(even if slightly), but I do not want to grind again just to get to 90 or 91 just to get burnt out again. ugh.

Why don't they just do what rockstar did, and charge you for an "appearance" change? Problem solved, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2020, 02:45 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

They are already charging you for changing certain parts of your build.

Dont give them ideas to charge you for everything.

Also you can test builds before starting the grind.

You can pretty much pay your way to an 85 overall.

After that it does not take long to get to 90+.

Badges are kind of a grind but career games + practice can get it done if you know what you are doing.

Mynation games are a huge miss though as 1 game there could gain a badge with ease.

They are not going to get rid of vc and it would make no sense to change something that is making money....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by tru11; 05-18-2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: it amazes me 2k still won't allow for archetype/build change in myplayer

They prolly need (want) the high number of played hours put into my career to present them to their folks but it would be so much better if overall upgrades and badge progress was tied to the account and not just to one player.

The badge and overall grind takes way too long and takes out too much fun while doing it the 3rd, 4th, 5th,... time.

Know plenty of guys who wanna do a new player but don't have the time or want to spend hours grinding. Myself included.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

It is what it is, and I understand why they won't. Getting the badges is really the only true grind, but it's really not that bad. I just hate going through the interviews after every game. The only thing that I wish we could change, after the fact, is the takeover.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Its really a bummer situation if u realize small change in your build would be major improvement , but all you can do is start over from scratch. Yes looking at it bluntly it makes more money for 2k , but not sure thats the case in the longer run while not really everyone just suck it up and cash in to brand new build for smaller change, but would be willing to pay some for a respec option.

And this system of character creation is really worst in 2k history. There isn't really more viable options than before, but MUCH more inferior/terrible options you can possibly make.

Sadly its just a reality of the publisher we dealing with who couldn't care less about quality of life improvements for gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
Its really a bummer situation if u realize small change in your build would be major improvement , but all you can do is start over from scratch. Yes looking at it bluntly it makes more money for 2k , but not sure thats the case in the longer run while not really everyone just suck it up and cash in to brand new build for smaller change, but would be willing to pay some for a respec option.

And this system of character creation is really worst in 2k history. There isn't really more viable options than before, but MUCH more inferior/terrible options you can possibly make.

Sadly its just a reality of the publisher we dealing with who couldn't care less about quality of life improvements for gamers.
How is it worse? I definitely like the fact that I can pick and choose which badges that I want to upgrade or use. Last year, you had to "unlock" each tier of your badges. Personally, I don't know how people can't tell if they're going to like or not like the build in the MyCareer or when test it out.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:55 AM   #7
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
They are already charging you for changing certain parts of your build.

Dont give them ideas to charge you for everything.

Also you can test builds before starting the grind.

You can pretty much pay your way to an 85 overall.

After that it does not take long to get to 90+.

Badges are kind of a grind but career games + practice can get it done if you know what you are doing.

Mynation games are a huge miss though as 1 game there could gain a badge with ease.

They are not going to get rid of vc and it would make no sense to change something that is making money....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
God... MORE FEATURES ARE A GOOD THING.

Just play the same game every year if you don't want any changes.

Me? This would be a great feature and something we've been asking for a while.

Once you get a player up to a certain level you just start saving VC for another player anyways. If you could restart your season to include a roster update, say after the trade deadline, that would be incredible.

It's a pain in the *** to grind another character. I would love to be able to switch position, change archetype anything besides starting all over again.

If you don't want to change your character, don't. Quit trying to down ANY AND EVERY idea to make this game better.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #8
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Not happening. Not for VC unless the cost is exorbitant.

Even pre-release, there was Ronnie2K talking anout us being able to respec our builds. Knowing how much money they'd lose out on if we could, I wasn't shocked that the story changed at release.

The best we'll get is changing takeovers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »