Home

Help with mechanics of pitching

This is a discussion on Help with mechanics of pitching within the Super Mega Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2020, 08:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Help with mechanics of pitching

Hey guys,

I am brand new to this series. I need some help in understanding the mechanics of how you pitch. I understand pressing a button to select normal vs. power pitching . However , I am unsure about the recticle. I assume it controls the location of my pitch. But since it is visible to the batter doesn't that tell him where the pitch will go? And what ecactly is the purpose of the batter's recticle?

I apologize for being so clueless but any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2020, 11:37 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Help with mechanics of pitching

I could try and slowly type an answer but there is a "how to play the game" (game mechanics) instructions in the game menus. That's what I did. Hate to give you bad info.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
I could try and slowly type an answer but there is a "how to play the game" (game mechanics) instructions in the game menus. That's what I did. Hate to give you bad info.
Thanks much!
Old 05-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Saw this posted on reddit today thought you or anyone might find it helpful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBa...m_source=share
Old 05-20-2020, 04:41 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Saw this posted on reddit today thought you or anyone might find it helpful.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuperMegaBa...m_source=share
Thanks -That was indeed very helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2020, 12:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am terrible at pitching. I get rocked pretty consistently. This game is simply tougher than SMB2 in so many ways. My ego is only at 65, but I can't even dominate with Hurley Bender, who I just picked up off the market. I can hit just fine, but pitching is so unforgiving. Any tips from you guys that are good at pitching at the higher ego settings?
Old 05-27-2020, 12:40 AM   #7
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aderifield
I am terrible at pitching. I get rocked pretty consistently. This game is simply tougher than SMB2 in so many ways. My ego is only at 65, but I can't even dominate with Hurley Bender, who I just picked up off the market. I can hit just fine, but pitching is so unforgiving. Any tips from you guys that are good at pitching at the higher ego settings?
Only thing I wanted to state is make sure that you know you can separate your Ego settings. You can either use the universal version that you're using now, or you can toggle it so that you have different Ego settings for hitting, baserunning, pitching, and fielding. SMB 1 didn't have this at launch, and eventually it turned me away from the game. By the time they patched it in, I was already playing other games.

All I can say is I actually was always a better power pitcher than standard pitcher. For some reason, having it shrink faster was better for my joystick targeting (because if it took too long, I'll overshoot it). This year it's harder with the wild pitch mechanic, but it makes it that much more fun.

Anyway, those are my two cents for now.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Super Mega Baseball »