Home

Old 05-25-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Avg P/inn

This logic needs to be totally rethought. MLB avg is around 15.1. MLBTS is 24+. How they justify this is most innings will be 20 to 25+ pitches and sprinkle in a couple 6-7 pitch innings. I know you can't have 15 pitch innings every inning, but most of these are just idiotic. I can see pitchers having bad innings but not 80% of the outings being 24+ pitch innings

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Re: Avg P/inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
This logic needs to be totally rethought. MLB avg is around 15.1. MLBTS is 24+. How they justify this is most innings will be 20 to 25+ pitches and sprinkle in a couple 6-7 pitch innings. I know you can't have 15 pitch innings every inning, but most of these are just idiotic. I can see pitchers having bad innings but not 80% of the outings being 24+ pitch innings

Especially when it takes over 20 pitches to get 3 men out without anyone getting on base. (MoM)
Old 05-25-2020, 02:16 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHodges57
Especially when it takes over 20 pitches to get 3 men out without anyone getting on base. (MoM)
Yes. I have a MoM franchise going as well as both a AL and NL play franchise and it's all the same.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Old 05-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

I do have to say in fairness, I am only at the end of April in all three franchise. So I am hoping it's just early season rust. Not that I think the game accounts for things like that

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 PM   #5
Rookie

It’s because the cpu will not attack the strike zone , 19 was the same . If I just take pitches the cpu will walk me way too much running the pitch count threw the roof. And to make matters worse when they do throw strikes it’s usually a meatball down the middle so getting my offensive output realistic is a chore also. That’s my opinion but everyone else seems to think this game is great so ??? I don’t get it but wish I could figure it out . Gameplay just plain unrealistic since 17 for me . Tried about everything I can think of and never find a happy place with sliders. It’s a shame as the game had been such a big part of my relaxation from life for years. I miss being able to just play and enjoy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2020, 02:29 AM   #6
Pro

JHodges57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I do have to say in fairness, I am only at the end of April in all three franchise. So I am hoping it's just early season rust. Not that I think the game accounts for things like that

It's been that way for years.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #7
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

So the pitch accuracy, control, and early strikes sliders don't help? I haven't touched them in a few years because I've liked the default set-up, but I seem to recall those sliders being effective when I used to modify them.

Also, could some of it be play style? When I have a high contact, low strikeout, low walk batter at the plate, I'm more aggressive. I'm also more aggressive with RISP. Sometimes I notice I'm being too patient and the CPU is starting to throw me more strikes (I might be imaging this but I think not; I think this is actually great AI at work), and then I try to be more aggressive.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #8
Rookie

They work but it seems when you correct 1 issue it seems to lead to 2 other issues.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »