Home

How is NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on How is NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
How is NCAA 12?

Found some copies on amazon for $28 and that seems like an ok deal considering what 13 and 14 are going for. Is it much a difference from 14?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2020, 09:22 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How is NCAA 12?

I am going to give an honest opinion from a guy that has played 03, 04, 06, 11, 12, 13, and 14. I liked 12, but that’s it. Liked it. The super LBs make crazy jumps to make crazy interceptions. It was enough to pull my hair out. Honestly, 11 is better in my opinion. Only drawback is it doesn’t let you create custom playbook. At least for offense. I like 14 best, 11 would be second.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:27 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

It's a good game in its own way. The things I like is the fact that it has team entrances which adds to the presentation. The lighting is better on 12 than 14 IMO. The game is geared more towards defense and with a little editing you can curb the super LB issue. I enjoy it and am flipping between 12 and 14 currently.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

I started a thread about this awhile back. A lot of people weigh in on their pros and cons of NCAA 12:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html

I also flip between 12 and 14. I play 12 primarily when I’m tired of having absolutely no challenge on offense.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:14 AM   #5
Rookie

Limasbravo's Arena

Funny you ask, because I've only played NCAA 14, but then less than a week ago I bought NCAA 12.

For my taste, there's only a couple of things NCAA 14 is better at. Which is Teambuilder - You can't download Teambuilder teams any more in NCAA 12 - and NCAA 14 shows who the Read and Pitch men are when running options - which is a minor thing for me.

Now NCAA 12, the presentation is far and away better. It's like an A and NCAA 14 is like a B-. So far I've discovered each team has it's own unique entrance - Colorado has Ralphie leading the Buffaloes into the stadium, Notre Dame has the players touching the sign on the way in, etc. Pregame they how the band on the field, players warming up (much better than the NCAA 14 where the players are playing the game against each other).

For me, the recruiting is much better. For each recruit, instead of the assign points to each recruit and nothing else, you have so much time to allocate each week. You decide how long to call each recruit and what topics to talk about. It's just more involved and I like that.

I feel that the gameplay is better. I don't find the linebackers jumping annoying like others do - although I still recall NBA Live on the Genesis where the computer Center would score 90% of the computer's points regardless of how bad they are. The computer defense actually try and swap away the ball, instead of always trying for the INT. Maybe I'm wrong on this, but it seems like the lighting is better.

Not sure if it's my copy or it's a NCAA 12 bug, but the commentators randomly stop talking. Which isn't a big deal, except 1 time the commentators stopped talking and then game went into halftime and the game froze. Not sure yet, but I think a workaround is pausing the game, going through menus into depth chart and then back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
I started a thread about this awhile back. A lot of people weigh in on their pros and cons of NCAA 12:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html
Agreed, check this thread out. 14 pages of good takes.

All the iterations of NCAA have their ups and downs. Too bad we can't pick and choose elements from all of them and put into one Gem.
Old 06-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #7
MVP

young22's Arena

I had 12 before I ever had 14, I wanted the real players in my Madden 12 franchise but then I realized they didn't transfer over too well.

14 feels much more like college football should feel with the right slider set. Yes, defense is better on 12 but I remember it being too good, like elite NFL type defense. Also, I've had great defenses on 14, it's doable but very hard, you really need top top players to be good on defense.

The run game on 12 isn't open enough, shotgun runs are very underpowered and tosses are useless half the time (tosses mostly suck in 14 too though), pass defense I remember being harder than Madden 12 somehow, you had psychic LBs and DBs which was kind of annoying. But the #1 thing 14 has going for it is the engine. Plays way more fluidly, more variety in animations, better ball carrier moves. Also, 12 has an animation that plagued Madden 12 as well, where you can throw a bullet over the middle and the linebacker will jump 3 feet in the air and catch the ball with 1 hand.

I also hated old NCAA recruiting. I only ever played 12 before playing 14 but the phone call system was so incredibly dull and repetitive that it got old fast for me, and I just went back to Madden 12.

Sent from my SM-A102W using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by young22; 06-05-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:28 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Edits fix the LB jumping issue. You lower the Jump rating. How many times does it need to be said?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »