Home

How do attributes effect each other

This is a discussion on How do attributes effect each other within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do attributes effect each other

So im sure its a way more complex system than i think but maybe it isnt. As i am wondering how hitter and pitcher attributes effect one another. For example the combination of a pitchers H/9 and a hitter contact. Does a lower H/9 make a batter with lets say 45 contact have a better chance of getting a hit or does it not work that way. I bring this up because to me it seems like younger pitchers have way more MLB than the younger hitters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2020, 08:05 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How do attributes effect each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
So im sure its a way more complex system than i think but maybe it isnt...
cant speak to the rest of the query about just how they do interact but you are on the right track going with it being a way more complex system. but IMO that's what makes the Show's pitcher-batter confrontations so great. and it goes so much deeper than that, as just talking about batting, you have vision affecting contact, contact affecting power, and even a smidgen of clutch thrown in for good measure. definitely complex

A Work in Progress
Old 06-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #3
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawkprime 21
So im sure its a way more complex system than i think but maybe it isnt. As i am wondering how hitter and pitcher attributes effect one another. For example the combination of a pitchers H/9 and a hitter contact. Does a lower H/9 make a batter with lets say 45 contact have a better chance of getting a hit or does it not work that way. I bring this up because to me it seems like younger pitchers have way more MLB than the younger hitters.
There are several hints in the game's strategy guide. I would suggest reading that.

To add though:
-H/9 interacts with the contact rating to determine hit quality
-K/9 interacts with the vision rating to determine whiff likelehood. If k/9 is low, you'll see more foul balls rather than whiffs, and more balls in play in general
-HR/9 used to interact with power during games, but this only happens in the sim engine now.
-The two clutch ratings come into play when there are men on base/men in scoring position.
-Stamina acts as a modifier for the per 9 ratings i.e. tired pitchers become less effective, which changes the batter-pitcher dynamic over the course of the game.

Old 06-08-2020, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

tanman05851's Arena

OVR: 0

[quote=Cycloniac;2050122491]
-HR/9 used to interact with power during games, but this only happens in the sim engine now.
-
Really-they changed how HR/9 worked yet again?Have you seen this in writing?
(I'm still playing 19 RTTS BTW).
Old 06-08-2020, 03:26 PM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

[quote=tanman05851;2050122931]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
-
Really-they changed how HR/9 worked yet again?Have you seen this in writing?
(I'm still playing 19 RTTS BTW).
It was mentioned during a stream leading up to MLB 20 when they were discussing Diamond Dynasty.

In DD, hr/9 isn't even supposed to be factored into overall, but it does factor into overall offline.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2020, 11:39 PM   #6
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

It really seems to me like something is going on with certain pitchers (usually high quality ones) that turns balls that might be home runs into fly ball outs. If its not the HR/9 stat, then I guess its a combination of others. I can't tell you how often I square up a pitch, time it right, put good wood on it and then....it goes about 200 feet. And it'll happen all game long vs certain guys. Of course I'm ruling out wind as a factor here.

Of course, I also believe that there are just some games where the CPU decides that the player's lineup is going to be sapped of all of its oomph no matter how well you play, and others where its going to be like batting practice, even if you don't time things up as well as you should. Seemingly regardless of the pitcher.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:48 PM   #7
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
It really seems to me like something is going on with certain pitchers (usually high quality ones) that turns balls that might be home runs into fly ball outs. If its not the HR/9 stat, then I guess its a combination of others. I can't tell you how often I square up a pitch, time it right, put good wood on it and then....it goes about 200 feet. And it'll happen all game long vs certain guys. Of course I'm ruling out wind as a factor here.

Of course, I also believe that there are just some games where the CPU decides that the player's lineup is going to be sapped of all of its oomph no matter how well you play, and others where its going to be like batting practice, even if you don't time things up as well as you should. Seemingly regardless of the pitcher.
Yes, it's a combination of the h/9 rating and hot/cold streaks operating, if what you're experiencing is within franchise mode

Old 06-09-2020, 09:40 AM   #8
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Yes, it's a combination of the h/9 rating and hot/cold streaks operating, if what you're experiencing is within franchise mode
Yeah, franchise mode is all that I ever do. I guess I hadn't ever stopped to think that CPU pitcher hot or cold streaks could have that much of a dramatic effect on how the game plays out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »