Home

rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

This is a discussion on rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #1
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4
rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Having issues getting NCAA 14 to play smooth or even at all. Lots of black field and missing faces etc....

PC is i7 7700
GPU Founder 1080 Ti
64 GB Ram

1TB on board M2 memory running win10

I have the updates done to the game and it loads but runs aweful.

Looks better in Vulcan but can't play it (freezes) But runs in Open GL great until you get to actual play then field disappears (goes Black and lag to almost freesing and missing body parts)

Does anyone have any recommened setting or could it be the Iso I extracted it from the PS3 Disc and had to convert it to a iso. Any help appreciated Thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2020, 08:54 AM   #2
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: rpcs3 Settings for NCAA 14

Here are my setting and works very smooth with no freezing so far
You can decrease resolution scale if you find it slow
CPU.JPG
GPU.JPG
Old 06-13-2020, 10:43 AM   #3
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

The above is exactly what I use except I prefer using async (multi threaded) vs legacy.

With async, open the game, play a day game anywhere, it’ll show a black field, exit out of the game, now when you go back in the game and everytime moving forward, the textures are all there. No issues.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:55 AM   #4
Rookie

frankinho's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
The above is exactly what I use except I prefer using async (multi threaded) vs legacy.

With async, open the game, play a day game anywhere, it’ll show a black field, exit out of the game, now when you go back in the game and everytime moving forward, the textures are all there. No issues.
I use async as well for some games but for some reason, NCAA 13, 14 freeze at random times during games. With legacy that is not the case. But yeah it also depends on your rig and gpu.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:39 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Hey guys, any other OS'ers playing this? I'm struggling to get good performance and I'm not sure if it's my PC or what. I've noticed more and more people are having good luck with this game, but my 8600k and 1070ti seem to struggle to hit in the 40s consistently and that also leads to a ton of audio issues. I am using the newest version of the software that released in the last day or two.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2020, 03:16 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hey guys, any other OS'ers playing this? I'm struggling to get good performance and I'm not sure if it's my PC or what. I've noticed more and more people are having good luck with this game, but my 8600k and 1070ti seem to struggle to hit in the 40s consistently and that also leads to a ton of audio issues. I am using the newest version of the software that released in the last day or two.
Canes, before I upgraded to a 9700k, I was using 8600k and GTX 1080 around 60fps constantly.

Hit me up on discord and I’ll get you fixed.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:53 PM   #7
Just started!

hey i'm not sure if you were able to help the guy above that needed help but I've got a pretty good computer as well and struggle to maintain 45 fps after trying numerous configs in emulator settings. Would you mind helping me out? I can send you my discord if you'd like.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:59 PM   #8
Rookie

PC:
i5 6600K 3.5GHz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB

I cant remember the settings I put it on in RCPS3, but I basically copied the settings someone had on YouTube.

First day game I got the black field. Quit. Started again. Runs perfectly (as a poster above said).

I can't get over how beautiful the lack of long load times is, lol. Its so much more enjoyable to play on RCPS3. All the menus going in and out is just completely seamless, its beautiful.

For those that stumble here looking to get NCAA 14 running on PC, I'm a technical idiot but googled instructions using 3 programs:
-multiMann on PS3 to copy the game onto the PS3 internal hard drive. I got a hard-copy of the game to do this part.
-FileZilla to do a FTP transfer of the game data from PS3 to PC
-RCPS3, I followed their quickstart instructions (only thing lacking was details on FTP, but I used FileZilla and googled their instructions and it was easy).

Honestly it was fairly seamless process. I was expecting having to do a lot of troubleshooting and it ran perfect on 2nd try (after day-game error).

For controller, I just used micro-usb on XB1 to my PC and selected it in RCPS3 settings, extremely easy.

Edit: I'll check my GPU settings and the frame rate to edit when I'm home, in case its useful to others.

Last edited by thejudicata; 07-22-2020 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added info

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »