Home

RTTS needs a total revamp

This is a discussion on RTTS needs a total revamp within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTTS needs a total revamp

I bought a Ps3 and PS4 for the show, always loved the series, but this gen is the first time it feels like Sony San Diego has at times mailed it in..This entire gen has seen little meaningful changes/updates especially RTTS.

It is 2020, PS4 is 7 years old soon.

1. RTTS has the same canned Dialog responses, it is very poorly done. This needs a total overhaul or remove it, it's so bad right now. The game could use some kind of overall popularity progression, based on your actions and performance I could be seen as a villian type player.

2. I always get drafted in the late rounds, no matter what, this is idiotic.

3. AI logic is literally broken. I got called up when I was 19, was the best hitter in all of MLB, won ROTY, next season, I am sitting on the bench and have less then 100 AB's all season, because the AI Logic does not take into consideration your performance. The AI is also not smart enough to rotate outfielders to any other position then your one secondary position.... This has been an issue for years and it seems to get zero attention.

4: Things like a Trophy Room, why is there no option to train in the offseason?

5: There is zero reason to have money/contracts in this game. Games like NBA 2k has done far more with their Career modes.

6. Why can't I reach out to my agent sometimes instead of waiting half a season to get a random call?

7. Any kind of story mode? The Game still feels isolated, I don't feel a part of a league, were is the league news? Why can;t I see myself in the paper ?

8: Presentation has been stale for years.

Is San Diego a small team and just don't have the respources? RTTS needs a tonne of work, and some new ideas. Franchise also needs some updates but this thread I am focused on RTTS .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2020, 03:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: RTTS needs a total revamp

All valid points. I like the old system of manual application of training points better. I like having more control over what aspects of my player's game develops. It was also a good way to cut through the prolonged farm system journey. If you wanted to get a guy into the show more quickly, you could use stubs to acquire training points and increase your player's ratings very quickly. I would also like to have more input on where my guy hits in the lineup. I know it's not realistic for a player to decide where he hits, but at the same time, the AI manager's lineups frequently don't make very much sense.

Last edited by aarondmsu; 06-14-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #3
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalrock
I bought a Ps3 and PS4 for the show, always loved the series, but this gen is the first time it feels like Sony San Diego has at times mailed it in..This entire gen has seen little meaningful changes/updates especially RTTS.

It is 2020, PS4 is 7 years old soon.

1. RTTS has the same canned Dialog responses, it is very poorly done. This needs a total overhaul or remove it, it's so bad right now. The game could use some kind of overall popularity progression, based on your actions and performance I could be seen as a villian type player.

2. I always get drafted in the late rounds, no matter what, this is idiotic.

3. AI logic is literally broken. I got called up when I was 19, was the best hitter in all of MLB, won ROTY, next season, I am sitting on the bench and have less then 100 AB's all season, because the AI Logic does not take into consideration your performance. The AI is also not smart enough to rotate outfielders to any other position then your one secondary position.... This has been an issue for years and it seems to get zero attention.

4: Things like a Trophy Room, why is there no option to train in the offseason?

5: There is zero reason to have money/contracts in this game. Games like NBA 2k has done far more with their Career modes.

6. Why can't I reach out to my agent sometimes instead of waiting half a season to get a random call?

7. Any kind of story mode? The Game still feels isolated, I don't feel a part of a league, were is the league news? Why can;t I see myself in the paper ?

8: Presentation has been stale for years.

Is San Diego a small team and just don't have the respources? RTTS needs a tonne of work, and some new ideas. Franchise also needs some updates but this thread I am focused on RTTS .
Good points there I’m mostly a franchise player and it’s too bad the training systems are just not important at all in this game. In a franchise mode they are just practicality just not there and for RTTS I just stopped playing it because it’s just not fun to me anymore and that’s a shame. SDS has everything they need to do a better job with the games development even with all we have going on in the country right now. It all starts with the way they manage development of the game and the quantity of the choices they make at the top and right now it just feels pretty weak.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Napjcjd's Arena

I agree Road to The Show does get rather boring quickly, im not sure what the solution can be as I feel career modes in NBA and Madden also can get boring rather quickly
Old 06-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Does anybody agree with me that the manual training points allocation system was a better system?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
Rookie

calbrs04's Arena

I have to add a few more things that drive me crazy about RTTS:
It takes too long to take your lead when baserunning and you cant do a walking lead into a steal.
My RTTS is a 3rd baseman, and it seems that the opponent tries to drop a bunt 5-6 times a game. I understand if its a speedy runner, but when its the number 4 hitter leading off the inning or the pitcher with no outs no one on?
Last, why is my character always running when playing the field? I can't just run to cover third when the ball is in play, even if its just a few steps. He takes off on a sprint and his momentum keeps him going.

I forgot to add, I have already been traded 3 times and I haven't been in the Majors for 2 full seasons. ROTY, MVP, Gold Glove. Not very realistic.

Last edited by calbrs04; 06-20-2020 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Add more info
Old 06-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondmsu
Does anybody agree with me that the manual training points allocation system was a better system?
I agree completely. NHL also went away from manually putting in your training points to the areas you want and I hate it.

I miss the ability to watch/play just the results pitch of every batter that they had in old gen. Watching every pitch is too long, but only seeing plays I’m involved in doesn’t make me feel “in” to the game enough.

And I hate how quick the sim is. I can’t keep up with what’s happening and end up having to scroll back up to see what happened.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:49 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

didn't they just revamp a couple years back?

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »