Home

UFC 3 Emergency Patch for Xbox users

This is a discussion on UFC 3 Emergency Patch for Xbox users within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
UFC 3 Emergency Patch for Xbox users

Hi Everyone,

We will be rolling out an emergency patch on Xbox for UFC 3 at 9am PST on 6/17/20. Over the last month we have seen a sharp increase in incidents where some Xbox One player's games have frozen/crashed in the UI after booting.

The team is still investigating the root cause of the issue, but have implemented some new code that should resolve the issue for most users while they continue to investigate. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue after the patch goes live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
MVP

Re: UFC 3 Emergency Patch for Xbox users

Thanks. I was really hoping it would be to remove the NAT testing to avoid losses cheat. Fingers crossed this isn't a problem in UFC 4.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Thanks. I was really hoping it would be to remove the NAT testing to avoid losses cheat. Fingers crossed this isn't a problem in UFC 4.

This is an absolutely CRUCIAL necessity. This MUST be heard by the devs, taken very seriously, and addressed for EA UFC 4.

You see, on one hand, people (myself included) aren’t posting about it on here, because we want to keep it under wraps. Which is smart, and probably a good thing. Imagine how many players would start doing this if they knew how.

But on the other hand, this lack of public discussion may minimize or diminish just how significant the issue is in the eyes of the devs. All I can do is HOPE that developers are aware of the issue, understand how significant it is, and plan to address it.

But for now, it’s just too risky to talk about. I’ve wanted to make a post about it for the longest time, but it just feels too risky. Even commenting on it within a thread feels taboo. It’s one those rare problems that’s so bad, just mentioning it feels like I’m sabotaging the integrity of the game.

Last edited by Good Grappler; 06-20-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
This is an absolutely CRUCIAL necessity. This MUST be heard by the devs, taken very seriously, and addressed for EA UFC 4.

You see, on one hand, people (myself included) aren’t posting about it on here, because we want to keep it under wraps. Which is smart, and probably a good thing. Imagine how many players would start doing this if they knew how.

But on the other hand, this lack of public discussion may minimize or diminish just how significant the issue is in the eyes of the devs. All I can do is HOPE that developers are aware of the issue, understand how significant it is, and plan to address it.

But for now, it’s just too risky to talk about. I’ve wanted to make a post about it for the longest time, but it just feels too risky. Even commenting on it within a thread feels taboo. It’s one those rare problems that’s so bad, just mentioning it feels like I’m sabotaging the integrity of the game.
I don't even know what this is about exactly (some sort of cheating, obviously), but why don't you just PM a developer?
Old 06-21-2020, 05:22 AM   #5
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

Quote:

I remember making a thread about this around 2 years ago, i honestly don't think they care.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2020, 10:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

I understand, but it's been posted already a bunch since release, and is rampant enough that it's pointless at this point. I currently get natted on about 1 out of 3 fights in UT nowadays (keeping in mind you face a ton of same dudes in UT). Makes doing the daily challenges extremely frustrating. It's never addressed directly and often gets filed away as abuse towards the cheaters (I can understand that side of it precaution wise, because some people cry cheat without even knowing what they are looking at). I just made my reply as a reminder, that it's completely out of control, and to see if I could get a bite/acknowledgement.

That being said, I'm very confident that the developers absolutely do care and are aware. Pretty sure the problem also lays highly with the Microsoft platform and is very complicated to coordinate a resolution.

Last edited by Evil97; 06-21-2020 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:18 PM   #7
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

I reported the NAT thing to the online guys when I was back at EA.

I don't know what ended up being done about it, but I can tell you with 100% certainty they are aware of the problem and how it's being abused.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:53 AM   #8
Rookie

mr420_qq's Arena

This happened to me 8times today, and i have 18victories. Almost 50% of my wins today got erased by this annoying exploit

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »