Home

Next-Gen EA golf game

This is a discussion on Next-Gen EA golf game within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Hilldog39's Arena

OVR: 4
Next-Gen EA golf game

https://www.ea.com/news/first-next-g...tails-revealed

"Daryl Holt, VP and GM of Golf, EA SPORTS

2013-10-28

EA SPORTS golf fans have always loved authentic courses and players, but they've also asked for more choice and customization in how and where they play. We're working on a new approach to deliver the best golf experience to our fans — we think you'll love it, and so we’re excited to share the first screenshot of our next generation golf game currently in development.

EA SPORTS golf fans have always loved authentic courses and players, but they've also asked for more choice and customization in how and where they play. We're working on a new approach to deliver the best golf experience to our fans — we think you'll love it, and so we’re excited to share the first screenshot of our next generation golf game currently in development.

EA SPORTS and Tiger Woods have also made a mutual decision to end our partnership, which includes Tiger's named PGA TOUR golf game. We’ve always been big fans of Tiger and we wish him continued success in all his future endeavors.

Moving forward, we will continue to work with the PGA TOUR exclusively to create groundbreaking golfing titles and our partnership remains strong.

EA SPORTS is committed to creating a new golf experience that leverages the best technologies across EA to deliver a stunning and immersive game for mobile and next generation consoles.

We'll have more news soon"

GT: xGBx Boogie
Xbox Series X
PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, RTX 4080, 32GB Ram

Last edited by Hilldog39; 06-21-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Next-Gen EA golf game

Lol way to get my hopes up

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldog39
https://www.ea.com/news/first-next-g...tails-revealed

"Daryl Holt, VP and GM of Golf, EA SPORTS

2013-10-28

EA SPORTS and Tiger Woods have also made a mutual decision to end our partnership, which includes Tiger's named PGA TOUR golf game. We’ve always been big fans of Tiger and we wish him continued success in all his future endeavors.

Moving forward, we will continue to work with the PGA TOUR exclusively to create groundbreaking golfing titles and our partnership remains strong.

EA SPORTS is committed to creating a new golf experience that leverages the best technologies across EA to deliver a stunning and immersive game for mobile and next generation consoles.

We'll have more news soon"
I bit also... I remember thinking the first time I saw that screen shot of the top image how much my hopes of finally seeing my playing companion, the caddies, and even the bags in the periphery had become a reality. There's a bit of a vacuum left by playing with a playing companion, yet you only see them when it's their shot - if you're playing turn-based, or match play.

Naturally, they didn't follow through on that arrangement and I was sorely disappointed, but not as disappointed as I was with the 'flicky' thumbstick swing interface that required me to 'light the green bubble' for desired swing power... it just wasn't my thing.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:40 AM   #4
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I bit also... I remember thinking the first time I saw that screen shot of the top image how much my hopes of finally seeing my playing companion, the caddies, and even the bags in the periphery had become a reality. There's a bit of a vacuum left by playing with a playing companion, yet you only see them when it's their shot - if you're playing turn-based, or match play.

Naturally, they didn't follow through on that arrangement and I was sorely disappointed, but not as disappointed as I was with the 'flicky' thumbstick swing interface that required me to 'light the green bubble' for desired swing power... it just wasn't my thing.
Yup, a lot of bait and switch with Rory pga. I remember seeing the multiplayer trailer and thinking the same thing. Glad pga is in 2k’s hands, but they really need a new engine.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:53 AM   #5
Rookie

As upsetting (and funny) as that OP was, there does appear to be a bit of noise about a new EA Golf game in the works, as evidenced in these links

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status...66524809953280

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma.../1100-6478749/

https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/17/n...bs-gregmiller/

Last edited by grahamc; 06-22-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Hmmm...I wonder what kind of golf game EA will make without the PGA Tour license. Way back in the old days, I remember when non-PGA Tour games relied on things like individual courses to drive sales - this is basically ancient history, but games like Pebble Beach Golf Links for Sega Genesis and Waialae Golf for the N64 come to mind.

While I do think those days are long gone (you need a selection of at least 15 or so real courses, or a course creator of some kind), I could potentially see them going back to Augusta National to bring in sales...
Old 06-22-2020, 10:02 AM   #7
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

I think EA is done with golf but I would like to see them bring Rory back from the dead. Just include a 3 click.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
I think EA is done with golf but I would like to see them bring Rory back from the dead. Just include a 3 click.
The three links in the post above do indicate that EA does have a golf game in development, but there is no info about what that game will be or when it's set to arrive. I mean, maybe it's a mobile game? But it does sound like they are working on a golf game of some sort.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »