Home

NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update

This is a discussion on NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update with Player Portraits

09/12/2020 Update

Please see page 8 and 9 (https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-update-8.html) for pictures of the top players for each teams and at each position as well as for the results of the final test sim.
My thought on releasing these rosters is to charge $5 for them. I know it may seem a little high at first, but I have put hundreds of hours of work in as well as hundreds of hours of wear and tear on my PS3 and laptop (both of which are getting up there in age) to edit and perform test sims on these to get the most accurate and realistic rosters possible.

For the $5, you get the 2020 roster with updated players and portraits.

I feel like this is the best way to make sure that everyone is completely happy with their team in the update, while also taking into account the time that has been spent on this roster.

If you are interested in the roster, please message me here and email me and send money via PayPal to [email protected] and I will get you the roster.

I have finished my 2020 season roster update for the PS3. I have gone through and found the closest 2008 player (portrait and skill wise) and replaced them with the current player that most resembles them. I have done this for every team’s starters (offense and defense) and basically all players 70 overall and up according to Madden 21 ratings. I have gone through and edited significant skills so that they are as close as possible. Some players will have a slightly higher rating compared to their Madden 21 rating while others will be slightly lower. Overall though, it should average out to about the same across the NFL.

I have gone through and changed all the Head Coaches and most coordinators. I have changed HC defensive playbooks to match the base defense and made all coaches have strong/very strong playbooks if they did not have their own playbook in the initial game.

I have checked against Madden 21 ratings to make sure I have all the important players, but Please let me know if you see any glaring omissions.

Also, please let me know if you have any issues playing with the roster and I can try to fix it. I have gone through and simmed a season previously and had no issues, but you never know what could happen when transferring consoles. Also, I have already reordered the depth charts, but I would still consider reorderOmg before starting to avoid freezing issues.

Overall, I hope that you enjoy this roster. I have been working on it since free agency started in March as I wanted to have Tom Brady throw to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin (Diehard Bucs fan here). From there I kept adding more and more players and eventually decided to do the entire NFL. I have edited thousands of players and spent countless hours working on this over 4 months and am very proud of the result.

Note: You MUST have a base NFL HC 09 roster loaded on the main menu (or one that you know will work in career) when you start the career. Choose existing/new HC (whichever you’re are wanting to do) and load the 2020 roster when you start from the preseason. If you have the 2020 roster loaded from the main menu, the career will freeze and not start. You WILL NOT be able to use this roster in play now.

Steps to load onto PS3:
1. Create a folder on your flash drive called “PS3”

2. Create a subfolder called “SAVEDATA”

3. Unzip the roster file into the “SAVEDATA” folder

4. Plug the flash drive into your PS3

5. Go to the save data and copy the roster from your flash drive

6. Enjoy

Last edited by Tampafan11; 01-16-2021 at 04:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NFL HC 09 - 2020 PS3 Roster Update

Just saw this post. Do you still need assistance?

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 07-22-2020, 08:21 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Just saw this post. Do you still need assistance?
I appreciate you reaching out and offering! I actually was able to get most of these down and now have notes for every team to have all their starters! I am finishing the edits so should be able to get these changes loaded into the game by this weekend to review any last minute edits based on Madden 21 ratings. Hopefully if everything goes as planned, I should be able to release a roster by next week!
Old 07-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampafan11
I appreciate you reaching out and offering! I actually was able to get most of these down and now have notes for every team to have all their starters! I am finishing the edits so should be able to get these changes loaded into the game by this weekend to review any last minute edits based on Madden 21 ratings. Hopefully if everything goes as planned, I should be able to release a roster by next week!
Was able to get through 13 teams tonight. At this rate I should be able to get done editing by Saturday before one final review.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Was able to get through 13 teams tonight. At this rate I should be able to get done editing by Saturday before one final review.
That sounds great man. Thank you for your work on this I'm excited to get rolling again. If you need help or to bounce ideas off just shoot me a message.

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 08:45 PM   #6
Pro

Update - I made all of my edits and did a final review. I have a handful of small adjustments to incorporate and hopefully should be done with those tonight. I will update the initial post with the file once I figure out how to upload.

Last edited by Tampafan11; 07-26-2020 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:03 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Update - I made all of my edits and did a final review. I have a handful of small adjustments to incorporate and hopefully should be done with those tonight. I will update the initial post with the file once I figure out how to upload.
All I have now is to remove all of the free agents that are 70 overall or higher. I did a test sim earlier (worked great) but some of the free agents were signed to teams and messed up depth charts. I have a list of all these free agents and should hopefully be done tomorrow. And should be able to post after that.

I have not posted a roster file to the forum before. Does anyone know if there is anything special I need to do for it, like I assume I would need to zip the file?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:41 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
All I have now is to remove all of the free agents that are 70 overall or higher. I did a test sim earlier (worked great) but some of the free agents were signed to teams and messed up depth charts. I have a list of all these free agents and should hopefully be done tomorrow. And should be able to post after that.

I have not posted a roster file to the forum before. Does anyone know if there is anything special I need to do for it, like I assume I would need to zip the file?
Great job, Tampa! This is not an easy project. I commend you for pushing through. I have most of mine done but I do not know if it will ever be where are I want it to be. There are just so many aspects to editing this game. Way more than Madden or the previous head coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »