Home

2k the only game i know where...

This is a discussion on 2k the only game i know where... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

A dude will do nothing but set screens, get easy boards, pass and let his PG do all the work.

.....And then turn around and talk trash like he is good and he did something lol

2k really needs a game mode where people get humbled. This the only game i know where it’s so easy that bums can get 95+% win percentages and literally not be good.

Compare to a game like Mortal Kombat where every bit of success you earn is because you are better than the other guy and it’s insane we play 2k

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 01:24 AM   #2
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Re: 2k the only game i know where...

2K is a game where instead of learning how to play the game and playing actual basketball, users rather abuse glitches and shortcuts in order to get wins and feel like they're comp.

Example: Players in park/rec will go to the basket and do hop steps EVERY, SINGLE, TIME.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2020, 05:31 AM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
2K is a game where instead of learning how to play the game and playing actual basketball, users rather abuse glitches and shortcuts in order to get wins and feel like they're comp.

Example: Players in park/rec will go to the basket and do hop steps EVERY, SINGLE, TIME.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Havent played in a while.

Jumped back on yesterday and saw centers and pf trying this in the paint in jrc
Getting some pretty unrealistic animations.

Funny though that after the 1st time i made them brick al game long

Old 06-29-2020, 08:18 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

it is a team sport being on a good team can hide your weaknesses.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:37 PM   #5
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
A dude will do nothing but set screens, get easy boards, pass and let his PG do all the work.

.....And then turn around and talk trash like he is good and he did something lol

2k really needs a game mode where people get humbled. This the only game i know where it’s so easy that bums can get 95+% win percentages and literally not be good.

Compare to a game like Mortal Kombat where every bit of success you earn is because you are better than the other guy and it’s insane we play 2k

So true. No other game makes "gawds" out of bums as much as 2K. But that's what 2K wants. Participation trophies. False sense of skill. Confident in their OP build and glitchy jumper but not in their IQ. It keeps 'em coming back for more.

We're still waiting for there to be a bigger skill gap. I'm trying to remember at which point, which 2K, did 2K actually sell their soul to the Arcade devil lmao. Do people even talk about REALISM, SIM anymore? Does it even matter to 2K anymore or to the Devs? It's all about "the grind" now instead of "the gameplay". 2K's been dominated by social media casuals who make big noise to dumb down the game every year.

How many Beluba twitter polls will be made this year asking 12 yr old Billy his advice on basketball logic instead of basing the game off the actual sport and realism.

And to think this is an actual esport where people make actual money from 'skill'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2020, 05:58 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
So true. No other game makes "gawds" out of bums as much as 2K. But that's what 2K wants. Participation trophies. False sense of skill. Confident in their OP build and glitchy jumper but not in their IQ. It keeps 'em coming back for more.

We're still waiting for there to be a bigger skill gap. I'm trying to remember at which point, which 2K, did 2K actually sell their soul to the Arcade devil lmao. Do people even talk about REALISM, SIM anymore? Does it even matter to 2K anymore or to the Devs? It's all about "the grind" now instead of "the gameplay". 2K's been dominated by social media casuals who make big noise to dumb down the game every year.

How many Beluba twitter polls will be made this year asking 12 yr old Billy his advice on basketball logic instead of basing the game off the actual sport and realism.

And to think this is an actual esport where people make actual money from 'skill'.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.
The game is the way it is, because that’s how 2k wants it to be.
They’ve long given up on BASKETBALL.
Now it’s spam dribble move for 23 seconds until the defender either get put in an animation or gets sucked into a screen.
Then a terrible shot will be taken, the rebound will go right to the out of position center, and he’ll pass it back out to start all over.
Spam dribble moves right into my defenders chest, that has no less than 87 in all defensive stats plus maxed out “badges”, which I hate, and nothing happens.
What does happen is he gets a favorable animation that I can do nothing about.
Once that happens, my center will be in perfect position to to swat the ball into the stands, but either he’ll get an bad animation or the “dribble gawd” will get a good animation to avoid it and dunk on two people. Or, he’ll get blocked, get his own rebound, on the other big, and put it up to score or throw it out for a 3.
All from playing terrible basketball with horrible IQ.

I’ve seen people complaining that their stamina is gone by the end of the first quarter and want it increased.
Like it even matters anyway. You can be blinking red, half bar a shot, and it will still go in.

Believe me, or believe your own experience, 2k isn’t heading in the direction of sim, they’re headed even more in the opposite direction.
That’s where the money is!

Last edited by awg811; 06-30-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:43 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

what upsets you, his trash talking or the way he plays.

what you describe, is actually sound fundamental basketball.
set screens, get easy rebounds, and pass. that to me sounds like a really good big man, who knows his role.

IMO, that type of player should get rewarded for this style of play.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:01 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

Definitely. Not everyone needs to be a superstar scorer. Every Michael Jordan needs guys like Dennis Rodman who are just very, very hard workers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »