Home

Small Improvements to Enhance the NBA 2K21 Offline MyLeague Experience

This is a discussion on Small Improvements to Enhance the NBA 2K21 Offline MyLeague Experience within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Small Improvements to Enhance the NBA 2K21 Offline MyLeague Experience

When it comes to NBA 2K20, I’m exclusively an offline MyLeague player. While I believe this...

Written By: Chris Huber

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Small Improvements to Enhance the NBA 2K21 Offline MyLeague Experience

great article. especially the point about the ratings getting too high and thus ****ing up the salary System is so important!!

another point is the AI Management. they tend to get multiple players on the same Position and neglect others completely. how often ive seen a Team Feature 4 80+ rated starters with two Star players at the same Position while they Feature a 72 rated starter at another...

another thing: you can edit headbands in nba 2k20 without any workarounds! dont Know it they patched it in again or if it was There all the time, but you can do it.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Ok... let's get involved!! Remember college hoops 2k3 when you could adjust bi-cepts, forearms , waist,* etc. Bring that back.* Gimme the tattoo suite from my career.* Reprogram the ball collision with the rim and bring back the shooting from 2k13 and below. I hate the meters. I find myself looking at the meter and not the player animation. When you turn off the meter, you are still bound by the results. P
My career should look like this:
High school 8 games. Your play style sets you base.*
College 8 games. Sets your attribute limits
G league sets your attribute points. Refuse a contract and stay g league to increase your stats but every refusal makes you less valuable so once you are at a good level, you might have to take less money and maybe a one year contract to prove yourself to get more offers.*
The 24/7 rubric from 2k, I forget, maybe 10 was wonderful. It didn't really show you stats but you felt your player getting better.* 2k has had great games in the past that they strayed away from but were on a great path. The park to pro style should be an option, not a formula to build on. The high school, to college path is great. But if you wish to skip college, then the street ball style is there. Combine Bully with the game. After you Excell* in high school, give some bully style test for your player. If you don't Excell, then colleges will pull offers and then you have to go street ball to the pros.* Don't be scared to incorporate some gta 5 type play into the game. Open world elements.*

Pros: incorporate some gta v into the game. Open world style. Play some games. You guys had a dj setup. Do somethings to create a buzz. Remember, getting to the NBA is about politics as well as skills. Let's give some reasons to play past the NBA season. If Covid didn't teach us anything, it should have showed us the importance of keeping gamers busy past a traditional nba season. Let's get out of the mindset of new players and holding hands for players. My 7 year old nephew is nice as hell in 2k20. Anyone new to 2k sports is probably just learning how to walk and talk. Whoever is in the board room at 2k needs to stop listening to money guys and start listening to the people who made them Money guys in the first place.*
Old 06-29-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2
Agree with ALL of the above ^^^^^^^
Old 06-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Jstache83's Arena

Agree with all of this!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2020, 07:11 PM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugsbunny
Ok... let's get involved!! Remember college hoops 2k3 when you could adjust bi-cepts, forearms , waist,* etc. Bring that back.* Gimme the tattoo suite from my career.* Reprogram the ball collision with the rim and bring back the shooting from 2k13 and below. I hate the meters. I find myself looking at the meter and not the player animation. When you turn off the meter, you are still bound by the results. P
My career should look like this:
High school 8 games. Your play style sets you base.*
College 8 games. Sets your attribute limits
G league sets your attribute points. Refuse a contract and stay g league to increase your stats but every refusal makes you less valuable so once you are at a good level, you might have to take less money and maybe a one year contract to prove yourself to get more offers.*
The 24/7 rubric from 2k, I forget, maybe 10 was wonderful. It didn't really show you stats but you felt your player getting better.* 2k has had great games in the past that they strayed away from but were on a great path. The park to pro style should be an option, not a formula to build on. The high school, to college path is great. But if you wish to skip college, then the street ball style is there. Combine Bully with the game. After you Excell* in high school, give some bully style test for your player. If you don't Excell, then colleges will pull offers and then you have to go street ball to the pros.* Don't be scared to incorporate some gta 5 type play into the game. Open world elements.*

Pros: incorporate some gta v into the game. Open world style. Play some games. You guys had a dj setup. Do somethings to create a buzz. Remember, getting to the NBA is about politics as well as skills. Let's give some reasons to play past the NBA season. If Covid didn't teach us anything, it should have showed us the importance of keeping gamers busy past a traditional nba season. Let's get out of the mindset of new players and holding hands for players. My 7 year old nephew is nice as hell in 2k20. Anyone new to 2k sports is probably just learning how to walk and talk. Whoever is in the board room at 2k needs to stop listening to money guys and start listening to the people who made them Money guys in the first place.*
(nearly) your whole Post deals with my career though this article and this Thread is about offline leagues...
Old 06-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Biggest things for me would be less bugs, improved stock generated draft classes, refined player progression that doesn't result in an overly stacked league.

I appreciate how advanced the mode can be... but I feel like over the last couple years that I've had to do too much tweaking to get things working properly or at least somewhat reasonably. It starts to become a hassle and I ended up sticking to quick play games this year.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:40 PM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

It would be nice to have the ability during each offseason to change season length. What I mean one season play say 30, next 82, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »