Home

NBA 2K21 Features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and Shared VC Wallet Between Current & Next-Gen Consoles

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and Shared VC Wallet Between Current & Next-Gen Consoles within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2020, 10:04 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K21 Features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and Shared VC Wallet Between Current & Next-Gen Consoles

NBA 2K21 will feature MyTEAM Cross-Progression and a Shared VC Wallet within the same console generation...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K21 Features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and Shared VC Wallet Between Current &

So if I’m understanding correctly, we either have to buy the game on both generations for $130 or Pat $100 to get it on both via the Kobe edition? That’s pretty brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 07-02-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA 2K21 Features MyTEAM Cross-Progression and Shared VC Wallet Between Current &

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
So if I’m understanding correctly, we either have to buy the game on both generations for $130 or Pat $100 to get it on both via the Kobe edition? That’s pretty brutal.

Yeah that is brutal. They're pretty much saying buy more expensive one now or pay twice.
I can see them focusing primarily focusing on next gen version, while giving current gen version a few new features and maintenance. So you'll be mainly playing current gen for basketball fix and and to build up VC for next gen version and MyTeam.

Even if I had a console right now(sold them last year), I would just wait until Next gen comes out. You'll be buying Current gen in the Middle of Conference Semifinals and wouldn't get upcoming rookies until Mid to late October(outside of MyTeam). I rather way until late November and have close to opening day rosters.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #4
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

So if you do the next gen mamba forever edition, you won't get the code for current gen until "holiday 2020?" That would suck considering that current gen releases in September. For someone getting a next gen console, I think the only purpose of getting the game on current gen is to hold you over until the next gen system comes out. If we get both of them at the same time, there's no point...

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 07-02-2020, 10:38 AM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Yeah that is brutal. They're pretty much saying buy more expensive one now or pay twice.
I can see them focusing primarily focusing on next gen version, while giving current gen version a few new features and maintenance. So you'll be mainly playing current gen for basketball fix and and to build up VC for next gen version and MyTeam.

Even if I had a console right now(sold them last year), I would just wait until Next gen comes out. You'll be buying Current gen in the Middle of Conference Semifinals and wouldn't get upcoming rookies until Mid to late October(outside of MyTeam). I rather way until late November and have close to opening day rosters.

Yeah I could theoretically try to accumulate VC in current gen for two months, but I’d have to do it with a presumably 60 overall player.

Unless they essentially return any VC you spend on current gen it just seems like a pretty terrible experience for a couple months.

NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
So if you do the next gen mamba forever edition, you won't get the code for current gen until "holiday 2020?" That would suck considering that current gen releases in September. For someone getting a next gen console, I think the only purpose of getting the game on current gen is to hold you over until the next gen system comes out. If we get both of them at the same time, there's no point...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Yeah I could theoretically try to accumulate VC in current gen for two months, but I’d have to do it with a presumably 60 overall player.

Unless they essentially return any VC you spend on current gen it just seems like a pretty terrible experience for a couple months.

If you have any plans on getting next gen version at launch, then you're just getting current gen to hold you over. I only really see VC and MyTeam transferring over. So, whats the point of investing 2 and half months on a MyLeague/MyGM or MyCareer if you are going to leave it behind when next gen comes out. No point of anyone buying VC because you're better off waiting until next gen to do that. Then yeah you can "farm VC" for next gen, but can't really use it on the MyPlayer for current gen. Do you really want to spend 2 months playing with a 60 OVR player just to save up VC for next gen. So if you were to just buy it to save up VC, your better off saving up VC in other modes. Even if you get Legend Edition, still can't invest too much time in Mycareer or MyLeague since it might not transfer over.

I planned on waiting until next gen anyway. But for those who buy current gen, hopefully they added some thing that can hold you over
Old 07-02-2020, 11:11 AM   #7
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
If you have any plans on getting next gen version at launch, then you're just getting current gen to hold you over. I only really see VC and MyTeam transferring over. So, whats the point of investing 2 and half months on a MyLeague/MyGM or MyCareer if you are going to leave it behind when next gen comes out. No point of anyone buying VC because you're better off waiting until next gen to do that. Then yeah you can "farm VC" for next gen, but can't really use it on the MyPlayer for current gen. Do you really want to spend 2 months playing with a 60 OVR player just to save up VC for next gen. So if you were to just buy it to save up VC, your better off saving up VC in other modes. Even if you get Legend Edition, still can't invest too much time in Mycareer or MyLeague since it might not transfer over.

I planned on waiting until next gen anyway. But for those who buy current gen, hopefully they added some thing that can hold you over
I was under the impression that you don't get the code for current gen until next gen comes out. So instead of playing current gen in September, you won't have access to it until the next gen version comes out.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 07-02-2020, 11:23 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I was under the impression that you don't get the code for current gen until next gen comes out. So instead of playing current gen in September, you won't have access to it until the next gen version comes out.
I think you might be implying that if you preorder next gen Legend edition. If you pre-order current gen Legend edtiion, you should be good

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »