Home

My PG builds feel slow every game.. What am I doing wrong

This is a discussion on My PG builds feel slow every game.. What am I doing wrong within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a playmaking shot creator and a slashing playmaker both PGs and both very fast. The slashing playmaker has 99 speed and 99 acceleration

But whenever I'm doing dribble moves I get the move off fine but it's so sluggish. I don't move quickly to the left or right so the move I just did was pointless because the defense easily gets back to me.

Both players have quick first step on HOF. Am I not activating the badge the right way or is it something with how I'm using turbo with the move? I have no idea but it's frustrating as hell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2020, 02:15 AM   #2
MVP

tru11's Arena

Maybe the animations you use?

Think there are just a few that everyone seems to be using lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-12-2020, 02:52 AM   #3
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Re: My PG builds feel slow every game.. What am I doing wrong

I'm pretty sure quick first step has nothing to do with dribble moves. It just increases the burst of straight-line drives. Another badge helps with dribble moves. Tight handles maybe. Stop and Go and handles for days might help too if you want to be a "dribble god".

Certain animations are much faster than others. I don't know the specific ones because I play more pro style with my 1-on-1 play but there are some crazy fast ones out there.

You also have to make sure you reach the ratings threshold for the best animations. I think it's 86, but guys make their players with higher ballhandling because if you go cold your rating will dip below the threshold for the best dribble animations.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: My PG builds feel slow every game.. What am I doing wrong

I'm not a dribble god but I've learned enough to become effective. Getting explosive moves is all about chaining from momentum dribbles. These are dribbles that typically involve pauses in a dribble motion with the ball at its apex, stuff like hesitations, crossovers and step backs (right stick plus right trigger). At the moment the ball reaches the apex, you launch into a quick drive/move (again with the right trigger pressed) to get a speed boost and get past your defender. For whatever reason I've never found a good tutorial online for this, but try looking at videos for momentum dribbling and speed boost. Quick first step, handles for days, space creator and ankle breaker are all useful. Tight handles is less good than it used to be. It was the primary badge for doing the explosive behind the back which got nerfed. I haven't been able to observe much benefit from it anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »