Home

the reality of franchise mode state in one video

This is a discussion on the reality of franchise mode state in one video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
Rookie

michdb8's Arena

OVR: 0
the reality of franchise mode state in one video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ap2M8qlbzM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 10:49 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: the reality of franchise mode state in one video

Yea the mode isn’t even lacking it’s just bad. Nothing ever gets expanded on and things don’t seem fully thought out. Back in the PS2 managing your contracts was basically a game in and of itself for me. Scouting where it wasnt tangible numbers but comparisons to other pro players kept things interesting. Camp battles and coordinators. Imagine if we got the coaching carousel where teams would use different playbooks depending on who the HC and coordinator was.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

M21: Gameplay improvements and minor franchise fixes. Possibly small post release additions through DLC.
Next Gen: In-depth franchise immersion additions begin.

That's the only road map I can see realistic at this point. With continued gameplay improvements to the CPU AI and actual on-field gameplay now being almost to par (as they are advertising), I believe that allocates a lot more time and resources to other modes. Being a hardcore franchise guy I still desire a better, more engaging offline on-field gameplay experience just a tad more than I do an over the top immersive franchise. I'll take Gameplay 10 / Franchise 7 over Gameplay 7 / Franchise 10 any day. Currently I feel we're at Gameplay 6-7 / Franchise 3-4, and hopefully Madden 21 looks more like Gameplay 8-9 / Franchise 5-6. And if the #fixmaddenfranchise was truly truly heard.. maybe that franchise is a 7.. but let's be realistic.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

ShadyFan25's Arena

Man, Franchise is even more shallow than I thought. I guess I'm so used to it that I've never even noticed most of the stuff he mentions.

I think the entire mode needs a massive overhaul at this point. There is something fundamentally wrong with nearly everything. Adding community requests like coaching staffs and create a team isn't gonna be enough to fix it. It would be the equivalent of putting a small band aid on a gaping wound.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:23 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Franchise mode, as terrible as it is, would be more playable for me if the XP system was done away with and we got something a bit more organic and not stat driven, or at least a system that gave us an option to not be stats driven.

I didn't play M20 basically at all, 50ish hours, none really in franchise mode, and it's because the mode is so lacking and because I absolutely hate the progression system in the game. It is so bad.

When I started reading what the modders had done again, I saw tdawg made a progression tool that is more organic, isn't stat driven at all, and makes building a team fun again. That simple change has me playing a franchise now. The mode is still lacking so much, but just getting rid of the XP system has allowed me to find some enjoyment with the game finally.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2020, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Feel like there is some exaggeration with how people feel about the mode. It can and should improve, yes, but the core parts work as intended. It being barebones doesn't make it broken or mean it has something wrong with it.

I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I'll take a barebones mode that works generally well over a mode that has all these features full of menu after menu and some of the features not even work and have bugs. That is my issue with NBA 2K in the past couple years, yes the mode is massive, but the bugs and menus to go through can be so tiresome (along with the tweaking to get things working properly out of the box in the mode).

I'm not saying Madden franchise mode is great, but that maybe it's mediocre at worst and pretty much does what it is intended to do for the average person playing Madden. We don't really know if the number of people on twitter/forums speak for everyone.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:39 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
Feel like there is some exaggeration with how people feel about the mode. It can and should improve, yes, but the core parts work as intended. It being barebones doesn't make it broken or mean it has something wrong with it.

I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I'll take a barebones mode that works generally well over a mode that has all these features full of menu after menu and some of the features not even work and have bugs. That is my issue with NBA 2K in the past couple years, yes the mode is massive, but the bugs and menus to go through can be so tiresome (along with the tweaking to get things working properly out of the box in the mode).

I'm not saying Madden franchise mode is great, but that maybe it's mediocre at worst and pretty much does what it is intended to do for the average person playing Madden. We don't really know if the number of people on twitter/forums speak for everyone.
For as frustrating as the state of the mode can be at times, I do think some of the conversation around it can be a bit hyperbolic. Some folks defintely exaggerate a bit when talking about EA's neglect of the mode. Franchise does improve every year; the issue is that apart from a couple of years where it gets special attention (M17 and M19, for instance), those improvements tend to come at a snail's pace.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 07-15-2020, 05:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a

Hmm i kinda agree if madden intentions are to make the decisions the cpu makes ridiculous lol. I agree also if their intentions was to make it very unrealistic. In the video posted a young player won defensive mvp but didnt win the player of the year at his position lol then he wont even get a good ratings bump because of dumb madden logic. Marriota wins mvp with a 7-9 record. This is just terrible

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »