Home

NASCAR Heat 5 Patch Arrives Today - Adds Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Xfinity Series, New Custom Schemes, Fixes, Updates & More

This is a discussion on NASCAR Heat 5 Patch Arrives Today - Adds Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Xfinity Series, New Custom Schemes, Fixes, Updates & More within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NASCAR Heat 5 Patch Arrives Today - Adds Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Xfinity Series, New Custom Schemes, Fixes, Updates & More

A new NASCAR Heat 5 game update is scheduled to arrive today, featuring plenty of additions...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

OVR: 3
All good but nothing on the yellow rims.*

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 07-21-2020, 10:09 PM   #3
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NASCAR Heat 5 Patch Arrives Today - Adds Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Xfinity Series, Ne

Quote:
Adjusted DNF parameters
And this pretty much broke it

Background: I play 25% races, single-race stage Light damage, 4x tires and fuel, no flags. I'd already completed my 1st career season in Dirt and was running Championship seasons in the other 3 series so that I ultimately end up running the same number of seasons in all 4 series. For the 1st championship seasons I was using Custom 100% AI difficulty. I also keep track of driver poles, wins, top 5's, and top 10's in an excel spreadsheet.

Tonight I started out in my Cup Championship where I was racing at Kansas (race 14). Was a 67 lap race and I was pitting every 14 laps (so 14, 28, 42, 56) and most of the AI cars were doing the same. 100% AI difficulty seems to be too easy in this game and though I started around 17th I quickly moved to the front and was leading most of the race. After the lap 56 pit stop, I figured most cars were done pitting as there were only 11 laps left, but on the last lap I see that hte 2nd place care is in the pits as I'm coming off turn 4 so I was gonna win by a lap. Frustrated by the fact that the AI cars always seem to pit earlier than they should have to on the last run, I deliberately drove down to the apron and then back up to slam the wall just before the S/F line. Well, as soon as I contact the wall "DNF" pops up even as my car spins across the S/F line to take the checkers. Furthermore, instead of showing my finishing position, race results, and standings before going to the end race menu, it immediately exits the race. Fortunately you can see previous race results on the Championship schedule or I would have had to start my season all over again because I didn't get to record the winner, top 5s, and top 10s. Furthermore, it relegated me to a 40th place finish (actually didn't even say 40 before my name, just "DNF"). So there are multiple problems with this.
  • 1. Even if my car was totalled on impact with the wall, it still crossed the finish line to finish the race so it still should have been a win
    2. Even if it didn't cross the finish line, my finishing position should have been as the 1st car 1 lap down, not last
    3. With damage set to light, DNFs shouldn't even be a possibility

Well, after that I switched to my Xfinity championship. 1st race was at Kentucky and a few laps after the 1st pit stop a car spun down right in front of me and I hit it and boom, DNF. This seemed especially weird because I had essentially the same thing happen in the preceding Cup race and it didn't give me a DNF. Anyway, I quickly closed the application and restarted and turned damage off for my championship settings. Ran the Kentucky race and the following race at New Hampshire where I again got annoyed at all the AI cars pitting before they should've had to on the last run and deliberately drove straight into the middle of turn 3/4 on the last lap. Ended up flipping the car, but didn't get DNF'd since damage was off.

After that, I switched to my Truck championship and ran a race at Canadian Tire. On the last lap I ended up blowing a tire, and it DNF'd, with damage Off. Though I did spin and slam the wall, that should have been ireelevant with damage off. Furthermore, a blown tire alone will rarely render a car/truck unable to continue the race. Usually they'll limp back to the pits and get fresh tires and some repairs to the fender. This time I just powered off the system and quit for the night.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 07-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: NASCAR Heat 5 Patch Arrives Today - Adds Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Xfinity Series, Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
And this pretty much broke it

Background: I play 25% races, single-race stage Light damage, 4x tires and fuel, no flags. I'd already completed my 1st career season in Dirt and was running Championship seasons in the other 3 series so that I ultimately end up running the same number of seasons in all 4 series. For the 1st championship seasons I was using Custom 100% AI difficulty. I also keep track of driver poles, wins, top 5's, and top 10's in an excel spreadsheet.

Tonight I started out in my Cup Championship where I was racing at Kansas (race 14). Was a 67 lap race and I was pitting every 14 laps (so 14, 28, 42, 56) and most of the AI cars were doing the same. 100% AI difficulty seems to be too easy in this game and though I started around 17th I quickly moved to the front and was leading most of the race. After the lap 56 pit stop, I figured most cars were done pitting as there were only 11 laps left, but on the last lap I see that hte 2nd place care is in the pits as I'm coming off turn 4 so I was gonna win by a lap. Frustrated by the fact that the AI cars always seem to pit earlier than they should have to on the last run, I deliberately drove down to the apron and then back up to slam the wall just before the S/F line. Well, as soon as I contact the wall "DNF" pops up even as my car spins across the S/F line to take the checkers. Furthermore, instead of showing my finishing position, race results, and standings before going to the end race menu, it immediately exits the race. Fortunately you can see previous race results on the Championship schedule or I would have had to start my season all over again because I didn't get to record the winner, top 5s, and top 10s. Furthermore, it relegated me to a 40th place finish (actually didn't even say 40 before my name, just "DNF"). So there are multiple problems with this.
  • 1. Even if my car was totalled on impact with the wall, it still crossed the finish line to finish the race so it still should have been a win
    2. Even if it didn't cross the finish line, my finishing position should have been as the 1st car 1 lap down, not last
    3. With damage set to light, DNFs shouldn't even be a possibility

Well, after that I switched to my Xfinity championship. 1st race was at Kentucky and a few laps after the 1st pit stop a car spun down right in front of me and I hit it and boom, DNF. This seemed especially weird because I had essentially the same thing happen in the preceding Cup race and it didn't give me a DNF. Anyway, I quickly closed the application and restarted and turned damage off for my championship settings. Ran the Kentucky race and the following race at New Hampshire where I again got annoyed at all the AI cars pitting before they should've had to on the last run and deliberately drove straight into the middle of turn 3/4 on the last lap. Ended up flipping the car, but didn't get DNF'd since damage was off.

After that, I switched to my Truck championship and ran a race at Canadian Tire. On the last lap I ended up blowing a tire, and it DNF'd, with damage Off. Though I did spin and slam the wall, that should have been ireelevant with damage off. Furthermore, a blown tire alone will rarely render a car/truck unable to continue the race. Usually they'll limp back to the pits and get fresh tires and some repairs to the fender. This time I just powered off the system and quit for the night.
Yeah I'm not sure what this patch was supposed to do, but it has left the game in a state of unplayable for me.

Racing first race after patch in my dirt career, I was racing at the Jefferson Road Course where I got spun going from dirt to concrete and I barely touched the wall with my driver side front corner panel and I was DNF'd.

Thinking ok, maybe it was more than I thought, the next race is at Fantetec Fairgrounds or whatever its called and I get bumped, slide up track and do a Darlington kiss on wall and I'm DNF'd.

Turned game off and think I'm done until something is fixed.

Frustrating

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #5
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Ugh. That's horrible Burgh. I updated the OP link, as they uploaded a hotfix today, but it doesn't seem to fix anything you were running into.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »