Home

What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise modes

This is a discussion on What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise modes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2020, 10:00 PM   #1
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise modes

Like many here, I grew up playing madden in the glory days of franchise mode. Here are some cool things that has happened to me.

I remember in Madden 05 I believe, I was playing the Falcons and Michael Vick. 1 hitstick was all it took to shut him down for good. It was a career ending injury. Was so awesome to see and felt so good after what Vick had done to me at that point. I also had a running back I drafted get hurt in his first game and his career was over.

In Madden 06, I was planning to roll with Favre a few more years and let Rodgers sit since nobody knew how good he was gonna be. He had progressed along nicely. I think it was 2 years in. I was planning on resigning him in the off-season cause Favre retired. But he held out on me. So I lost both players and had to start from scratch. That sucked.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2020, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise mo

I remember back in Madden 2001 when I was playing as the Packers. I drafted this running back named Omar Coffee. Dude had 99 speed and to this day remains one of my favorite EA generated players. I was about 9 or 10 when this happened so the fact that I can still remember this at 28 years old says something. Now I much prefer using custom fictional draft classes over the generated ones just because there's more life if done right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 07-22-2020, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

sublime55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Like many here, I grew up playing madden in the glory days of franchise mode. Here are some cool things that has happened to me.

I remember in Madden 05 I believe, I was playing the Falcons and Michael Vick. 1 hitstick was all it took to shut him down for good. It was a career ending injury. Was so awesome to see and felt so good after what Vick had done to me at that point. I also had a running back I drafted get hurt in his first game and his career was over.

In Madden 06, I was planning to roll with Favre a few more years and let Rodgers sit since nobody knew how good he was gonna be. He had progressed along nicely. I think it was 2 years in. I was planning on resigning him in the off-season cause Favre retired. But he held out on me. So I lost both players and had to start from scratch. That sucked.

#fixmaddenfranchise

Man, that reminds me of the time I ended Romo’s career - I think it was a broken back. And it was before he was really a big name (must’ve been madden 05), so I was thinking, “Oh well, not like he matters all that much.” Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-23-2020, 03:40 AM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: What are some cool or interesting things you've seen happen in older Franchise mo

Madden 12 - I was playing the Vikings and towards the end of the first draft I took a punt on an unscouted QB to backup Christian Ponder and Joe Webb... Didn't have much in the way off attributes during preseason but he felt like a boss to play with. Turned out he had A potential and created a QB controversy in Minnesota for a couple of seasons until I traded Ponder away when he lost his "QB of the future" player role and the new QB eventually developed the higher OVR holding the clip board

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-23-2020, 09:24 AM   #5
Rookie

I need to stick to Madden 20.

In my online CFM Lamar Jackson got injured and retired at age 25. What a moment in league history
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
Pro

I forget which Madden it was... you know it was old because Pat Summerall was still an announcer.

A QB threw 5 INTs in a game and Summerall quipped "that was his 5th interception. I'd say it's time to get him out of there." My roommates and I all looked at each other totally stunned that he said that. It was so cool.

Last edited by kennylc321; 07-23-2020 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaAut
I need to stick to Madden 20.

In my online CFM Lamar Jackson got injured and retired at age 25. What a moment in league history

No way... Did that actually happen? I've never seen anything like this
Old 07-23-2020, 12:16 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'll have to thank TDawg for his progression tool and all that aided him with it. This is a recent story, but in my Washington rebuild I used the Start Today mod and just played through the 2020 season for year 1. During the year I negotiated with FS Sean Davis. He had a solid year, nothing special at all, but he wasn't a liability. I had a hunch he was going to develop into something more solid, so I wanted to lock him up until he got closer to 30 years old. I was able to get a deal in place both sides liked.

Well, the offseason hits and I get to the progression stage with the tool and I'm amazed.Davis progressed from a 73 overall into an into an 85 overall stud who is now one of the top FS in the league, and I snagged him up for a few years. Big time get for my team.

I also drafted a LT out of UGA. He was decent, a 72 overall, but the game said I reached with my 11th pick. Its okay, I got a LT even if it wasn't one of the two I really wanted. That was my biggest need in the draft still. Well, fast forward to midseason and he is now an 84 overall rookie LT and I feel like I got so lucky. He's progressed past the two LTs I wanted. Who knows what his ceiling is, but even as an 84 I'll be happy moving forward with him long term. He may have just been a guy that adjusts quickly and those other two tackles end up better overall 5 years from now, but this guy has immediately anchored down the left side of the line and will be a solid starter for years.

On the flip side, I was really hoping Haskins would be my QB of the future, and he is still very young, but so far through almost half of 2021, he has only progressed into a 79 overall starter. I'm hoping he is a slow developer, but it is awesome to sit here and wonder if I need to be looking at getting a QB in an upcoming draft if he doesn't ever pan out like I'm hoping.

This type of dynamic progression is 1,000,000,000,000x better than the XP system in my opinion and has made me able to enjoy franchise mode again. I guess this doesn't really count as an older mode, but I still think the dynamic progression lifts the experience up and I feel like sharing my experiences with it.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-23-2020 at 12:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »