Home

Breaking Down the FIFA 21 Trailer and New Gameplay and Career Mode Features

This is a discussion on Breaking Down the FIFA 21 Trailer and New Gameplay and Career Mode Features within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Breaking Down the FIFA 21 Trailer and New Gameplay and Career Mode Features

It's been a slow summer on the FIFA 21 news front. but yesterday EA announced FIFA...

Written By: Kevin Groves

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Finally some updates and new features in career mode. I have always wanted to sim in and out of games in FIFA. Excited to see how this will work. Intrigued by the enhanced opposition AI as well.* Hopefully it presents more challenges and keeps the game fresh.*
Old 07-24-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

Re: Breaking Down the FIFA 21 Trailer and New Gameplay and Career Mode Features

I hope KG is right and they will finally split offline and online gameplay into their own gameplay teams. Forcing FUT related changes onto other modes negates any positive changes they make.

While defending gets a bit of a mention bit, I still feel like it's treated as an after thought. Defending is as much an art/skill as offense. It's not flashy and doesn't make the highlight reels but any person that's played sports at any level knows how much a good defender can make an impact. Case in point Man City without a solid defense was just okay. Not replacing Kompany with a solid defender was definitely a mistake and it was noticeable and should be reflected in game.

Something that I doubt will have changed but hopefully gets mentioned come August is a career longer than 15 years. Such an arbitrary number should be 30 years minimum.

It all sounds good though new training, transfers, smarter AI, match sim (no use for me but still cool) until the release version drops I'm not expecting much. They botched what seemed like simple additions in '20 making CM unplayable for almost 2 months, who knows what madness will come from major changes.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:56 PM   #4
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrnlgrn
I hope KG is right and they will finally split offline and online gameplay into their own gameplay teams. Forcing FUT related changes onto other modes negates any positive changes they make.

While defending gets a bit of a mention bit, I still feel like it's treated as an after thought. Defending is as much an art/skill as offense. It's not flashy and doesn't make the highlight reels but any person that's played sports at any level knows how much a good defender can make an impact. Case in point Man City without a solid defense was just okay. Not replacing Kompany with a solid defender was definitely a mistake and it was noticeable and should be reflected in game.

Something that I doubt will have changed but hopefully gets mentioned come August is a career longer than 15 years. Such an arbitrary number should be 30 years minimum.

It all sounds good though new training, transfers, smarter AI, match sim (no use for me but still cool) until the release version drops I'm not expecting much. They botched what seemed like simple additions in '20 making CM unplayable for almost 2 months, who knows what madness will come from major changes.

Agree 100% on the defense.

If it’s not tuned correctly to balance our this added “responsiveness” than it’s all for naught.

Spot on about City. Defense lapses this year are why they slipped so far. Well that and Liverpool’s incredible run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4
Fouls. That's it.**

Fouls?* *Are there any?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 01:44 AM   #6
Rookie

Many of these sound promising. But the devil is in the details. What worries me about competitor mode is the bit about the AI having "a better grasp of skill moves". So will it truly be "the first step towards separate gameplay modes?" or will it be like playing against the average kid online spamming over powered/broken skill moves? I hope they realise that people who play offline are NOT looking for the fut gameplay and all its meta BS.

Oh and any word on 1v1s? I hope there is a retirement plan for this concept... Second man pressure needs to come back.

After years of games that I do not enjoy in the slightest, all I can say is that I will give the demo a proper go/chance, with extremely low expectations. But they're really good with buzzwords, hope it translates into something I can finally enjoy.

Last edited by Chrisx; 07-25-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:13 AM   #7
Rookie

FIFA will never be what it was in the 90s until they bring back the inside court, street court, weather condition options, ability to tackle the goalkeeper and legendary teams like NBA 2k.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »