Home

EA UFC Missing Feature: Decision Tree

This is a discussion on EA UFC Missing Feature: Decision Tree within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
EA UFC Missing Feature: Decision Tree

This just scratches the surface of the depth of Undisputed gameplay and AI, things that were never even considered at EA. They just thought it was combos.

Last edited by JeffNovitski2; 07-25-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
Pro

Re: EA UFC Missing Feature: Decision Tree

What depth did this video show that doesn't exist in UFC 3?
Old 07-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitomitomi
What depth did this video show that doesn't exist in UFC 3?
Regarding the video, I can tell you little, since I don't understand English, which I can understand little about.

Now regarding the game, if I could say, since I played that game, like the 3 EA games.

I can tell you about the grip, it felt much better, the fight on the ground, without being a great follower of this type of fight, I liked it much more than the one EA projected in its games, everything related to details, I could See how by giving a perfect blow the mouthguard flew through the air, I could see how a fighter could not be at the time of deciding who won a fight, because he was being treated for an injury, I could also live as the referee He raised the arms of both fighters, because after a very even fight, a tie was decreed, in a few occasions, it is true because it is not something that happens a lot but it could happen.

So quickly I can list you some situations that I remember living them playing UFC undisputed 3, that I would love to live them also even improved in the EA game, but we are still waiting for them.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
MVP

Yeah UD3 did the small things better. It's a more wholesome experience. But UFC4 is better in terms of pure gameplay imo.
Old 07-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

Kenetic NRG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNovitski2

This just scratches the surface of the depth of Undisputed gameplay and AI, things that were never even considered at EA. They just thought it was combos.
Watching the video a couple times, I have no idea what 'depth' this is portraying.

Greg says 'I'm going to move into a position where all he can do is hit me with this right hand'.

Well.. in UD3 or any of the other games really, that position would be 'he can actually hit me with everything from this position'. He could have thrown a jab, an overhand, leg kick, head kick, knee, ect. And there wasn't any FWD moving strikes so that takes more depth out because fighter B could have read the back sway with a hook feint then clocked fighter A with a fwd moving overhand. But you couldn't do that in UD 3.

Greg's speaking from a real life MMA perspective and obviously he hasn't played the game.

UFC 4 is the only game I believe that has had multiple levels of distance, seperating elbow range vs hook / upper range vs jab straight range.

I will say it time and time again, from a legitimate depeth perspective, UD 3 was nowhere close to UFC 2, 3, or 4.

You could argue UD 3 had cooler____ and more ____, sure. But it's so silly to think it had more depth. It wasn't even close to what we have now. UD3 was a perfect example of giving enough 'pretty stuff' so the casuals go ooooh ahhh but then when you actually analyze the depth of the gameplay, it was nothing crazy whatsoever.

That entire clip reminds me of a teacher saying 'You need to write a 2000 word essay'. So then all the students write 500 words and try to extend their thoughts into way more complex structures than needs be.

'Depth Tree' reminds me of when Robin Black comes up with some nonsense verbage trying to sound 200iq when he's stating stuff that is SUPER basic in complexity. That video could be summed up as 'You have options in the striking. Use them', but instead we get a 2 minute video about the depth of throwing a right hand and getting it lean back countered.

Last edited by Kenetic NRG; 07-25-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2020, 02:16 AM   #6
Rookie

I insist on a sports fighting game, where there will never be any injury from the fighters, only with that situation, the game stops being completely real.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:19 AM   #7
Rookie

Even in AO tennis 2 tennis players can suffer injuries
Old 07-26-2020, 06:06 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenetic NRG

'Depth Tree' reminds me of when Robin Black comes up with some nonsense verbage trying to sound 200iq when he's stating stuff that is SUPER basic in complexity. That video could be summed up as 'You have options in the striking. Use them', but instead we get a 2 minute video about the depth of throwing a right hand and getting it lean back countered.

Didnt watch the vid at all but god damn do i hate robin black lol. Perfect example of some clown whos never trained thinking they have some ridiculously high fight iq. I hate Luke thomas for the same reason. Stop trying to tell people how to fight if you've never even trained lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »