Home

PS5: Transition Defense

This is a discussion on PS5: Transition Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2020, 07:54 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
PS5: Transition Defense

We allllllll know about the hail mary, full-court passes that defenders never react to or the fact that defenders don't get back facing the ball. Those are obvious deal-breakers in the next gen. Just as bad tho? The way our defenders playing tight won't pick up their assignments in transition.

I can see if defenders have been forced to pick up free guys but this is a set defense and i've specified tight D on Klay/Steph and JRich & Ben get back into the paint? COME NOW. They should be meeting them at the 3pt line:

This guy had the whole cheesy bag of tricks, the jump pass that used to get guys open, trying to exploit the screen (using a screen is fine, trying to exploit animations to get the defender stuck to a screen is another) I beat him like he stole something, but this stuff can't go forward onto the PS5 and XBOX Series X.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 04:02 AM   #2
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Re: PS5: Transition Defense

We need more long "bad pass" animations like this. How they weren't implemented as a frequent outcome on long passes is beyond me:

Old 07-27-2020, 04:09 AM   #3
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Its important to realize just how bad our transition defenders have to be for long passing to be this successful. Watch Milton here:

Even worse? I miss the deflection but JRich and Milton never even react to the ball:

INEPT is an understatement. Defenders should get back facing the ball and react to it. Someone getting beat down the floor once-in-awhile? SURE. It happening with anything close to the frequency we've seen this entire generation? NO WAY.

Last edited by Kushmir; 07-27-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:52 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I'd rather have these improvements made on NBA 2K21 on current gen consoles not just for new consoles era.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:25 AM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

We need more errant passes that go out of bounds in general in this game. Need more turnovers that aren’t steals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2020, 08:48 AM   #6
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I'd rather have these improvements made on NBA 2K21 on current gen consoles not just for new consoles era.
Me and you both, TRUST. Its just that for the problem to have been going on this long there may be an issue with the foundation of the current engine--it could be something simple like defensive players having trouble realizing an object (the ball) exists until an offensive player has it.

IMO it needs to be addressed in current gen but what if the current engine just can't keep up?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

It definitely sucks but it doesnt take much stick skill to stop. Just turn into the defender and pick the pass off similar to Madden
Old 07-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

One of the biggest issues in 2K is bad transition defense!

Players still run under the rim guarding no one giving up 3s all day.

Add if the player isn't looking before the pass is made its chance of success is extremely low, less than 20%.

Players will be standing looking at the pass yet don't react or get the turnover but the none looking players will catch the pass.

This needs to be fixed in all gens also players defense awareness should play at part.

Last edited by keshunleon; 07-27-2020 at 10:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »