Home

How the hell did we end up with the same awful KOs from UFC3????

This is a discussion on How the hell did we end up with the same awful KOs from UFC3???? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2020, 04:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How the hell did we end up with the same awful KOs from UFC3????

I just cant wrap my head around this............I distinctly remember people complaining about how awful the UFC 3 KO animations were and how we wanted the ragdoll KOs from UFC 2 back. I remember it was brought up frequently, several times a day, you couldnt scroll down the first page and not see a topic about ragdoll knockouts. Hell, you didnt even have to scroll at all, there was usually a topic at the top of the page pertaining to ragdoll animations.

I remember everybody bugging GPD about it and eventually he said he would look into it as far as patching it in to UFC towards the end of the cycle.....I remember him saying that he couldnt make any guarantees but he would at least try to get them in. Eventually we were told that they were shifting focus to the development of UFC 4 so ragdoll KOs were not going to be added to UFC 3, which was disappointing to hear at the time bit we also understood that the development of the next UFC game had more priority than supporting a game that was towards the end of its life cycle. I completely understood.....wasnt what we wanted to hear but at least it was explained why they wouldnt be added in.

Now one would think as much as we blew up the message boards with topics and messages about ragdoll KOs, one would assume that they would be in UFC 4 from the get go, right??? Right?!??!? After all of that, we are still stuck with the exact same KO animations from UFC 3, those awful animations that everybody complained about for months and months and months, which now equates to years.......we have been complaining literally for years now about how bad the knockouts look in UFC 3 and so their response is to put the EXACT same knockouts that we all hate, back in the brand new game???????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 04:18 AM   #2
MVP

Re: How the hell did we end up with the same awful KOs from UFC3????

Personally, I don't want to bring back UFC2's ragdoll. It's totally unrealistic. I really really don't want to see backflip ko from ufc2 again. It makes the game more arcady. But the fact that these ko animations from ufc3 to ufc4 look awful , too.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250
Personally, I don't want to bring back UFC2's ragdoll. It's totally unrealistic. I really really don't want to see backflip ko from ufc2 again. It makes the game more arcady. But the fact that these ko animations from ufc3 to ufc4 look awful , too.
But the problem is, with the KOs from UFC 2, SOME of the KOs look bad, like 1 out of 6. But in UFC 3 and now UFC 4, they ALL look terrible. Which is the lesser of 2 evils; having some awful looking knockouts or having every single knockout look bad???
Old 08-01-2020, 04:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Like others said, I can tolerate the occasional silly ragdoll if it means we get knockouts that actually feel rewarding. When I manage to sidestep a superman punch and land an expertly timed counter it's pretty crushing to see the exact same knockout as if I'd just finished with any other strike.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
The backflip ko's are better than what we have now. A lot of the animation ko's are unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2020, 06:16 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
The canned animation ko's make the game look more arcade like than ragdoll ko's. Arcade fighting games use canned animations for ko's. A sim fighting game needs ragdoll ko's to more closely mimicking a unconcious body falling to the ground.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:34 AM   #7
Banned

How the hell we end up with the same ground game and ignored wishlist 4 games in. The only way to fix the canned animations problem is for ea to use euphoria.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #8
Rookie

Yeah I’m in agreement with most others. UFC 2 had a tendency to have some odd knockouts every now and then (usually from spinning headlock knockouts in my experience), but most KOs were very satisfying and well varied. The current KOs are very Arcadey

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »