Home

NBA 2K20 has sold over 14 million units

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 has sold over 14 million units within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
Rookie

m29a's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K20 has sold over 14 million units

This was from Take-Two quarterly earnings results today.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...tirely-digital

Quote:
Unsurprisingly, one of the main drivers of Take-Two's revenue in Q1 was NBA 2K20, which has hit $1 billion in net bookings since its August 2019 launch, and has now sold over 14 million units.

Thanks to NBA 2K20, the NBA 2K series saw recurrent consumer spending up 126% year-over-year in Q1, and Take-Two expects 2K20's lifetime unit sales, recurrent consumer spending, and net bookings all to be the highest ever for a 2K sports title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 05:59 PM   #2
MVP

Re: NBA 2K20 has sold over 14 million units

Interesting.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #3
MVP

They are adding PGA2K21 to their stable of sports titles with this month's release. Then NFL next year. Sounds like they are headed up if they can just keep players engaged and continue to keep them spending.

Old 08-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsoGood
They are adding PGA2K21 to their stable of sports titles with this month's release. Then NFL next year. Sounds like they are headed up if they can just keep players engaged and continue to keep them spending.

Interesting. Looks 2K Sports is trying to lock up the sports genre.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #5
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow! I remember a thread about 2-3 years ago asking, Can 2K sell 10 million copies and people poo-poo'd the thread and post... Lol. Wow. 14 million sold, not shipped, but sold. That's impressive.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2020, 07:27 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
Wow! I remember a thread about 2-3 years ago asking, Can 2K sell 10 million copies and people poo-poo'd the thread and post... Lol. Wow. 14 million sold, not shipped, but sold. That's impressive.

I don't know if I said it in that thread but I know that a few years ago I thought that 5 or 6 million was the high end for basketball games. I was obviously ridiculously off base.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #7
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin

That was me who posted that back in October of 2014 and I was mocked and ridiculed by most. Who's laughing now? No one gave NBA 2K a chance in hell beating Madden in sales but I always knew respect and passion 2K had for the fans would eventually correlate in sales. That pattern will hold true in the Next Generation and I wouldn't be surprised to see the NBA 2K series eventually go on to sell 20 million annually.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...on-copies.html
Old 08-03-2020, 08:37 PM   #8
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

I also said this in 2014 in that thread I created in response to someone saying

"No disrespect , but your not getting any money from those sales so why do you even care.

Am sure it will sell well"

My response was. No disrespect taken. I'm looking at the bigger picture. Your right I won't be getting any money but I might be getting a 2K NFL branded football game because I'm sure the NFL is paying attention and doesn't like the fact that an NBA game is potentially outselling there product 2-1. I know what your going to say and that is the NFL can care less because they are still getting paid premium dollars from EA but when popularity in the videogame sector has effect on the real world and the NBA is gaining popularity through videogames and nurturing young fans to follow the sport then the NFL is going to want to tap into that potential growth also. Madden has been at the same level for several years while NBA 2K has exploded. The NFL is taking notes I'm sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »