Home

MLB The Show 20: Gold Glove Brandon Phillips and New Conquest Map in 6th Inning Program

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 20: Gold Glove Brandon Phillips and New Conquest Map in 6th Inning Program within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
MLB The Show 20: Gold Glove Brandon Phillips and New Conquest Map in 6th Inning Program

Gold Glove Brandon Phillips has been added to the 6th Inning Program along with the 6th...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB The Show 20: Gold Glove Brandon Phillips and New Conquest Map in 6th Inning P

3 moments involving HR's with a 69/61 power hitter (who's considered a "contact" hitter when you hold R2 before a pitch) is a little much IMO. Just about to finish it though - only have to do one of the "HR+Stolen base" or the "3 hits with a HR one", or play the 9 inning game vs the Reds. Getting that online 2B hit requirement out of the way helped.

Can't see this card getting a whole lot of play on people's lineups except for theme teams.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
Rookie

buziii's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 20: Gold Glove Brandon Phillips and New Conquest Map in 6th Inning P

I tried Dat Dude's first Moment a few times. No problem getting the SB, but that HR, with his power, will be a challenge.

I always struggle hitting HRs in Moments, particularly with marginal power. Any tips?
Old 08-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
3 moments involving HR's with a 69/61 power hitter (who's considered a "contact" hitter when you hold R2 before a pitch) is a little much IMO. Just about to finish it though - only have to do one of the "HR+Stolen base" or the "3 hits with a HR one", or play the 9 inning game vs the Reds. Getting that online 2B hit requirement out of the way helped.

Can't see this card getting a whole lot of play on people's lineups except for theme teams.
Was just about to post my complaints. Offline guy here trying to hit Jose canseco numbers in moments with a sh— hitter with above average speed. Why do they guard these cards like it cost money? Let people be challenged, but putting them to downright impossible if you don’t go online is stupid. Not to mention label it as the next to lowest level...it’s like the Jackie moments had a baby with the Hernandez moments and this is what’s out there.

Last edited by cherman24; 08-04-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:37 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by buziii
I tried Dat Dude's first Moment a few times. No problem getting the SB, but that HR, with his power, will be a challenge.

I always struggle hitting HRs in Moments, particularly with marginal power. Any tips?
Sounds simpler than it is, but swing early. First, you probably aren't going to be hitting the ball out of the park at all to CF with a hitter of those ratings unless you catch it on his tiny Perfect Flyball marker. Pulling will mean hitting it to a shorter field, and often with more exit velocity - much better chance to hit one out. Second, on top of that Philips pulling the ball means hitting it towards the Great American Smallpark's inviting 328-foot LF fence down the line, which doesn't get much longer the the further you go until you're mostly into LCF. It's known as a hitter's park for a reason. I don't think all of the Philips moments take place at GABP, but most do, and you'll definitely want to use that park's dimensions to your advantage.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-04-2020 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2020, 06:42 PM   #6
MVP

papadell's Arena

OVR: 0

SN is being lit up by complaints.

I think everyone should sit back and wait for them to make these easier like they did with the Jackie ones lmao
Old 08-04-2020, 06:49 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Yeah I just swing early and with power on these sorts of moments.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

the HRs wasn't an issue for me. The 5 hits and 2 XBH is what was killing me

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »