Home

Fox Sports College Hoops 99: I Miss Truly Putrid Sports Games

This is a discussion on Fox Sports College Hoops 99: I Miss Truly Putrid Sports Games within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Fox Sports College Hoops 99: I Miss Truly Putrid Sports Games

We talk so often about how exclusivity is a bummer because it limits competition and hurts...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2020, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I remember being excited for this, cause the courts looked great in screenshots, it was a neat license, and college sports simply weren't on N64

But yikes, it is ABYSMAL. It looks and plays like a first gen N64 game and an absolute bore to play. But hey, at least Z-Axis got their splash screen in the beginning at 60fps...
Old 08-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #3
Just started!

Re: Fox Sports College Hoops 99: I Miss Truly Putrid Sports Games

Remember renting this from Blockbuster as a kid with my neighbor who was Mormon (important to the story). Each team had strengths and weaknesses and BYU's strength was that the team was more mature cause most of the team was older due to the mandatory mission trip that young Mormon men go on. We played a whole season as BYU and every time we did something good our running joke was to reference our team's maturity (as if it had anything to do with the outcome of the game).

Good times. Really miss all the random and different options there were for each major sport. It's what made gaming fun and what it is missing these days.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:49 PM   #4
Just started!

Mbcandids69's Arena

I never knew this game existed!!!! And as mush as a b-ball head that I am... I couldnt even tell you who that is on the cover.
I had FS NBA Basketball 2000 for psx. Loved it at the time even tho it was hard af. At the time i was trying not to be one dimensional with NBA Live and NBA Shootout.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:32 AM   #5
Rookie

Chase GFY! This game was a GD GEM!!!

This game was trash I replayed it recently. I do miss variety in games. I guess nostalgia should be left where it was...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #6
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
That is Jeff Sheppard on the cover
Growing up in Kentucky I can tell you if I ever had saw this game I would have bought it in an instant if I had the money. I never actually saw it or new about it until I was much older. I probably would've played the heck out of it as a kid. It probably wouldn't have been my favorite game but neither was Backstage Assault and I put more hours into that game than it ever deserved.*
Old 08-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #7
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
That is Jeff Sheppard on the cover
Growing up in Kentucky I can tell you if I ever had saw this game I would have bought it in an instant if I had the money. I never actually saw it or new about it until I was much older. I probably would've played the heck out of it as a kid. It probably wouldn't have been my favorite game but neither was Backstage Assault and I put more hours into that game than it ever deserved.*
I don't have kids, but I do wonder if they have to deal with the concept of buying something bad and then just having to play it anyway because you used X money to buy it the same way like a 90s kid would have. You build up in your mind this game will rule, then you get it, but then it sucks and you're SOL. Now, I feel like there's enough free stuff out there that you wouldn't have to torture your mind into believing something is good when it so obviously was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrobbins84
Chase GFY! This game was a GD GEM!!!

This game was trash I replayed it recently. I do miss variety in games. I guess nostalgia should be left where it was...
The game is poop. But I miss the poop.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:27 PM   #8
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I don't have kids, but I do wonder if they have to deal with the concept of buying something bad and then just having to play it anyway because you used X money to buy it the same way like a 90s kid would have. You build up in your mind this game will rule, then you get it, but then it sucks and you're SOL. Now, I feel like there's enough free stuff out there that you wouldn't have to torture your mind into believing something is good when it so obviously was not.
Yea, I don't really remember thinking about video games objectively as a kid. I wasn't really dirt poor but my parents were pretty tight and I really only usually got a new game on a special occasion. I kinda had to be happy with what I had.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »