Home

How does your online league add depth?

This is a discussion on How does your online league add depth? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2020, 04:13 AM   #1
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought this could be a good space for commissioners and league members to share what additional extras they do above and beyond the base Madden game to add depth to their Online Leagues?

Caveat: This is not a space to advertise your league so no names please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 04:21 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: How does your online league add depth?

Here's just a few of ours:

Team Draft - It's almost like an event! The draft order is hyped up and everyone has access to the Madden Team Roster spreadsheet to work out who their team will be.

Mock Drafts - We do series of mock drafts as the Week 9-17 "far too soon" mock draft, the draft offseason mock draft and the final mock draft the day before the draft event (can I say draft a bit more??).

Battle for the AFC/NFC - In telegram, from Week 9 every coach gets tagged in how they're doing battling in the conference and division in the run up to the playoffs.

All52 Drafted Team - At the end of each Madden edition we post a full team of generated players only based on stats, performances or cult followings.

Superbowl Commentary - Once tried to host a twitch stream and add our own commentary over a Superbowl with 3 commentators... the lag made it hilarious for the viewers.

Draft Expert News - The Madden News stories get recorded but additional commentary added, a projection of draft spot, combine score evaluation and player comparison.

League News - A mysterious reporter adds twitter posts regarding big trades and epic games through the year.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:44 AM   #3
Rookie

binga30's Arena

This sounds awesome. Tried online league once and I got my butt whooped on Sim settings, plus the noticable lag of the game really hurt me. Great bunch of guys though, think the people you play with make the league.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2020, 07:04 AM   #4
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

A few of the top of my head:

- Game of the Week Pick’Em with Weekly Standings (owner with the most correct picks wins gift card at end of each season)

- Game of the Week Interviews (these can get hilarious with owners who are competitive or don’t like each-other)

- General News Write-ups

- Draft Grades and Analysis (one of the owners keeps track of all of the picks and how they turn out after a few seasons)

- Super Bowl Commentary (we did this one year)
Old 08-07-2020, 08:23 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
- Game of the Week Pick’Em with Weekly Standings (owner with the most correct picks wins gift card at end of each season)
I really like this one, almost like a fantasy football element! Ha

I've always wanted to do a yearly competition for most field goal post hits during kickoff as a joke, but with a bonus for the next edition of Madden (like a free upgrade to Star Dev for 1 player).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2020, 09:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Well, I just play by myself, but I can tell you what I do to add immersion and a better overall feel for my league.

-After every draft, I edit each new rookie to distinguish them from one another and it gets me somewhat familiar with names and upcoming stars. (by edit i mean their attire)

-Only scout the first 2 attributes while scouting for the draft, leave your picks up to combine grades and only the top 2 skills.

-only resign players in off season, don't give yourself unlimited tries to sign the guys you must have.

- i don't do any training and just simulate, i also don't use coach XP, so my teams never get over powered\

Just a few ideas i've used!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »