Home

CAF work around

This is a discussion on CAF work around within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

OVR: 0
CAF work around

Hi, hoping someone can answer/help with this.

Can i create additional profiles on Xbox in order to get more caf slots? Or is that a Playstation only thing? Im not even sure how to create new profiles .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CAF work around

Yes you can do it on Xbox
Old 08-10-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

So are you able to load fighters from all profiles doing this, or are you limited to one at a time? I've only heard of people doing this and never looked into it myself for UFC 3. If I can only do fighters from Profile 3 vs Profile 3 and not Profile 3 vs Profile 6, I'm not entirely sure it would be worth the hassle for me.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:54 PM   #4
Pro

TheUFCVeteran's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AReifschneider
So are you able to load fighters from all profiles doing this, or are you limited to one at a time? I've only heard of people doing this and never looked into it myself for UFC 3. If I can only do fighters from Profile 3 vs Profile 3 and not Profile 3 vs Profile 6, I'm not entirely sure it would be worth the hassle for me.
Only Profile 3 vs. Profile 3. It's a shame you can't mix and match but I get it, it's just not possible unless you could "authorise" your CAFs on Profile 1 to work on Profile 3 by linking the PSN IDs, or something. Think CAF share but between profiles, maybe a stripped down version where you list your CAFs for another profile to download.

Something I've seen people do is use one account per weight class, if you think it would suit your needs better.
Old 08-10-2020, 06:29 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran
Only Profile 3 vs. Profile 3. It's a shame you can't mix and match but I get it, it's just not possible unless you could "authorise" your CAFs on Profile 1 to work on Profile 3 by linking the PSN IDs, or something. Think CAF share but between profiles, maybe a stripped down version where you list your CAFs for another profile to download.

Something I've seen people do is use one account per weight class, if you think it would suit your needs better.
This is what I do. I have 7 different weight classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 08:57 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUFCVeteran

Yeah, I was thinking about the weight class per account deal, or however many it'd take (There's what, three actual female featherweights under contract?), but the idea of making 12 dummy accounts on top of the time it'd take to copy all of those head formulas doesn't sound super appealing right now. Maybe some day that bug will come back around, but right now I'm more inclined to just make one person from each weight class for my main account for that extra bit of depth.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AReifschneider
Yeah, I was thinking about the weight class per account deal, or however many it'd take (There's what, three actual female featherweights under contract?), but the idea of making 12 dummy accounts on top of the time it'd take to copy all of those head formulas doesn't sound super appealing right now. Maybe some day that bug will come back around, but right now I'm more inclined to just make one person from each weight class for my main account for that extra bit of depth.
Particularly with our extremely limited control of CAFs I just don’t feel excited at all about making a bunch to fill out the roster. Why make 10 WWs when half of them are going to have to have the exact same ratings?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:39 AM   #8
Banned

Irish0331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Sanchez
Yes you can do it on Xbox
Thanks Diego, I appreciate the heads up.

I ended up creating 6 profiles. I'm creating 11 CAFS per w/c so I can put 2 classes per profile. If it works out well this way I'll keep it. I can't wait to start seeing CAFs and formulas for 4. I wont be buying the game at launch though unless Microsoft gives me grief. Tried to cancel my preorder already and they said no! WTF?

I usually use CAFs to pad my roster fighters records. I dont wanna see roster fighters on 3-4 fight losing streaks on my spreadsheet so I generally play as a roster fighter against them and beat em. After 3-4 losses, I can dump the caf and create a new one. Cant do that with a roster fighter. If I make a very good accurate looking/fighting caf then i'll throw him right into the mix like a roster fighter.

Right now my profiles read:
HW/LHW
MW/WW
LW/FTW
BW/FLW
WFTW/WBW
WFLW/WSW

Last edited by Irish0331; 08-11-2020 at 11:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »