Home

Do you create dream teams?

This is a discussion on Do you create dream teams? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2020, 08:27 PM   #1
Prince of Plakata

Jolly Roger's Arena

OVR: 0
Do you create dream teams?

Was curious if anybody else ever makes fun little custom teams to play with in Franchise or otherwise. I just put together a Pirates team with Trout, Bellinger, Story, Judge, Yelich, Matt Chapman, Willson Contreras, and Pete Alonso. Yeah, made some slight improvements, heh!

But on the pitching side, my entire staff throws 90 MPH or below fastballs with good control. Not all scrubs (Kyle Hendricks, Ryan Yarbrough), but mostly league average or worse guys. I use Pulse pitching and I really enjoy pitching with below average velo/good control guys because you can usually get the pulse circle to be the same size as the ball and really control your pitches. I have a lot of success with these sorts of pitchers, plus it's fun to shine the spotlight on the guys who don't throw 95+.

I've also done rosters built around a particular attribute like speed or vision (like a whole team of Billy Hamiltons, Terrance Gores, etc.).

Does anybody else do this and, if so, what kind of teams do you build?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Do you create dream teams?

not for franchise but Play Now exhibitions I've built teams of players from Alabama and then Georgia/Mississippi/Tennessee to round out where I needed. also for Play Now I've built teams using whatever available players are in the default Free Agent section, loved playing with Scooter Gennett and even Puig this year. I have also played a handful of exhibitions using the worst Overall players in the game. yeah, sometimes I'm a masochist

A Work in Progress
Old 08-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #3
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

For my very first franchise while I was learning the game still, yes.

Let's see if in can remember that team.

I remember I had both Joe Mauer and Brian McCann (McCann DHed). Josh Hamilton, Chipper Jones, Jimmy Rollins... Roy Halladay... Ok I forget most of the team.

Still had a so so for the first half due to my complete newness to the game. I don't remember if I ever got through a season before moving on to more even rosters.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #4
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

For the past couple of years I would occasionally mess around and make the ultimate super team

I would choose one team, and put the 90 highest overall rated players in the game and put them all on that one team. The results would be crazy... so would be the budget.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »