Home

Buff Vulnerability When Constantly Pressing Forward

This is a discussion on Buff Vulnerability When Constantly Pressing Forward within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Buff Vulnerability When Constantly Pressing Forward

Turn up the vulnerability for landing a strike on forward pressing opponents.

This game allows people to pressure way too easily without the fear of your forward momentum adding power to strikes that land on you while you pressure forward.

Remember the Stipe Miocic vs Fabricio Werdum fight? Werdum pressed forward quickly and got knocked out by Miocic with a punch that wouldn't have KO'd Werdum had he not been pressing forward too quickly.

This game caters to pressure fighting too much and doesn't reward the "Stick & Move" or "Counter Punching" style and fighting off of the back foot.

You should have to use smart and cautious pressure if you want to be a pressure fighter. Rushing in and getting hit cleanly should cause more damage. IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Buff Vulnerability When Constantly Pressing Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_Adriyel_12

You should have to use smart and cautious pressure if you want to be a pressure fighter. Rushing in and getting hit cleanly should cause more damage. IMO
100% agree with this. It's still a little imbalanced when it comes to pressure fighting vs counter striking. Counter striking is the answer to overly-aggressive opponents IRL, but in UFC 4 counter damage isn't strong enough to stop a bull-rushing opponent.

Increase counter damage, drain long-term stamina a little bit more and then we'll have a more balanced standup game.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 08-10-2020, 11:41 AM   #3
Pro

Personally a few additions to defensive options wouldnt go wrong either. Things like:
• Parrys against jabs and straights (adds depth to blocking as well as feinting)
• Some form of sideway movement, side steps controlled by LB+LT and the LS. I think 1212headkicks neutral stance is probably a bit too complex to add if i fully remeber his propised system but that could work too.
• Fire of block easier but have these strikes slowed down, gives you faster strikes when you dont hold block prior.
• Turn up power all round especially for counters.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #4
Rookie

We asked for it for UFC1, then for UFC2, then for UFC3. Accept it as it is. Not gonna change. The game is pure arcade. Won't change with EA as publisher.

The uppercut of death is the worst thing about the damn game! People can mix them with hooks non stop. The uppercut should be the most dangerous strike in the game for the one who throws them. If you catch me with one deal great damage to me. I'm fine with that. But if you miss and I counter the damn thing with whatever you get your *** kicked.

But hey EA wants people to throw 100 uppercuts per round.

Not my game. It's bad, really bad.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
Pro

To add to the problems with pressure fighting is that knee spam us unbelievably still a thing even after how abused it was in the last game. Throwing a body punch leaves you vulnerable to a 1 hit uppercut health event, but dudes are out here throwing body knees from straight range as about 20% of there total output. It is completely dumb, and a broken exploit that is already being heavily abused this early. imagine what it will be like in a month or two. If they can't find a away to tone them down more realistically they should just remove them when not in the clinch. I have never ever seen a fight at any level where people were throwing knees more than any other strike when outside of a clinch.

Last edited by BQ32; 08-10-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #6
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelblick24
We asked for it for UFC1, then for UFC2, then for UFC3. Accept it as it is. Not gonna change. The game is pure arcade. Won't change with EA as publisher.

The uppercut of death is the worst thing about the damn game! People can mix them with hooks non stop. The uppercut should be the most dangerous strike in the game for the one who throws them. If you catch me with one deal great damage to me. I'm fine with that. But if you miss and I counter the damn thing with whatever you get your *** kicked.

But hey EA wants people to throw 100 uppercuts per round.

Not my game. It's bad, really bad.
There are still complaints about uppercuts? This was a legit issue when UFC 3 released, but uppercuts aren't anywhere on my list of concerns.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
There are still complaints about uppercuts? This was a legit issue when UFC 3 released, but uppercuts aren't anywhere on my list of concerns.
Yes there are still complaints about uppercuts. Hundreds of uppercuts.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelblick24
Yes there are still complaints about uppercuts. Hundreds of uppercuts.
Interesting. I'd love to see some of your fights when you're going through the uppercut trails. I haven't had that issue, so it would help me better understand what's going on. I don't feel like people have been mentioning them around here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »