Home

Old 08-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Realistic Sliders

I know us offline guys like to tweak things but I wanted to create a thread where we could post some sliders we used to create a realistic sim experience playing the game. I noticed the sliders for event/career are not all the same as in custom fight now so maybe two different types. But I figured a place to share sliders we like might be helpful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 08:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Realistic Sliders

I was just thinking the same thing. Madden, 2k ect. have a slider section above the games other thread lists. Maybe put the slider category in the ultimate team slider spot since it’s not a thing anymore and nobody has posted there in over a year I believe. I admittedly am not the most knowledgeable ufc/mma person so I would love some help tweaking things to more accurately depict what we all watch on tv every week.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:38 AM   #3
Rookie

No realistic slider really exist, I end up changing the slider every match I play. SO lets say im playing agains nnganu. Im going to turn the computer striking power up very high, Tune it to no takedowns , little subs etc. - If im playing as Nate Diaz im going to up my stamina, lower my power and lower computers power (due to his strong chin) and more combo heavy + weaker attack. If im playing agains khabib Im going to up taketdowns and transitions for computer etc. Usman Up the clinch and wrestling and transitions but lower the power on both sides Basically you have to adjust fight by fight to get anywhere close to a sim

Last edited by Falseperception; 08-11-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:27 AM   #4
Pro

I'll definitely use this thread when I get the game this week!
Old 08-11-2020, 06:53 AM   #5
MVP

My sliders which generally work well around Middleweight to Lightweight:

Power +8 to +10

Stamina -6 to -8
Stamina Recovery OFF (for 3 round fights)(ON for 5 round fights)
AI Clinch Frequency -2 (AI is a bit bugged atm for clinching)
Freeflow Combos ON

With stamina recovery set to on, I've seen a bunch of 5 round decisions and also early knockouts.

With it set to off, someone usually gasses in the middle of the 3rd round so you have to be more mindful.

In my head, it's like the fighter for the 5 round fight has better cardio and is ready for the 5 rounder, so he shouldn't gas in the 3rd, whereas in a 3rd fight, you have to be more careful to save the gas tank.

The power buffed by that amount is offset by the short term stamina burn but at the same time, if you throw a long combo and get caught by a big shot, you're going to get rocked badly.

The fight itself feels more dramatic with the significant power buff, and the stamina buff keeps you alive longer, so you end up with much more hard hitting moments but at the same time are able to recover from them well if you cover up and pace yourself.

Feels like a totally different game on these sliders.

Create A Fighter Content:
YouTube -> AydinZero

Music:
https://aydin-jewelz123.newgrounds.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 06:57 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep

Power +8 to +10

Stamina -6 to -8
Freeflow Combos ON

With stamina recovery set to on, I've seen a bunch of 5 round decisions and also early knockouts.

With it set to off, someone usually gasses in the middle of the 3rd round so you have to be more mindful.

In my head, it's like the fighter for the 5 round fight has better cardio and is ready for the 5 rounder, so he shouldn't gas in the 3rd, whereas in a 3rd fight, you have to be more careful to save the gas tank.

The power buffed by that amount is offset by the short term stamina burn but at the same time, if you throw a long combo and get caught by a big shot, you're going to get rocked badly.

The fight itself feels more dramatic with the significant power buff, and the stamina buff keeps you alive longer, so you end up with much more hard hitting moments but at the same time are able to recover from them well if you cover up and pace yourself.

What is your rationale for free flow combos on? That’s not something I’ve messed with really so I’m unfamiliar with why it does
Old 08-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep

Power +8 to +10

Stamina -6 to -8
Freeflow Combos ON

Your post said stamina - 6 to 8 does that mean moving the slider left? I always thought that would make the stamina cost less per strike/action or have I misunderstood the sliders and/or your post? I'm just trying to figure it out as I have putting the stamina slider to the right and thought fighters gassed out quicker but it could be placebo.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:51 AM   #8
Rookie

What falseperception said. There really isn’t a catch all setting that works perfectly across all fighters and all weight divisions. It really needs to be tailored to specific fighters and weight classes to get the most realistic feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »