Home

Everyone’s fighting style/move set feels the same.

This is a discussion on Everyone’s fighting style/move set feels the same. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 08-10-2020, 08:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Everyone’s fighting style/move set feels the same.

It’s kind of disappointing. So many guys seem to have identical move sets and combinations. It’s so egregious that it actually takes me out of enjoying the game. A lot of guys play the same and it’s worse than UFC 3 in that regard.

Edit: One more gripe I have is the lackluster taunts. I mean, seriously -- why does everyone have the same Nate Diaz/Conor Mcgregor taunts ? It looks so silly when Masvidal (or anyone, really) is doing those taunt movements. Not to mention the Mcgregor hands-behind-the-back looks nothing like it looked when he did it vs Alvarez.

There are subtle taunts that could apply to many different fighters (for example, many fighters do this taunt where they have their guard up and they just motion for their opponent to come to them).

Last edited by Mr.Clutch_Knicks12; 08-10-2020 at 09:03 PM. Reason: More issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Everyone’s fighting style/move set feels the same.

The amount of disrespect they have to give us an out of date roster with barely any new fighters PLUS they didnt bother to make anyone feel unique

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

I could absolutely be alright with a roster on the smaller size if each fighter feels unique and have plenty of signature animations. By the time a series is in its fourth installment, this should just be a given.

Cormier's slam being spread out across the roster is a good example of something that should be a very specifically applied move that ends up being universally distributed, which is bad, not just because the animation itself doesn't make sense for a lot of the people who have access to it, but because you shouldn't see any slam like that from a lot of the fighters who can use it. Then you have stuff like the lack of elbows from guard, which takes away from Jon Jones and many others, and it just seems that for a game that was in development for as long as it was, a lot of things seem to be more slapdash than they were in UFC3.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Fighter uniqueness has been an issue for me for a long time. Like a poster above said, I’d be totally cool with using a smaller roster if it meant having more unique animations to each fighter.

I hate to always compare it to other sports games, but can you imagine if you were playing 2K and Curry, Giannis, LeBron, and Luka all had the same jump shot/layup package. The lack of variation for jabs and hooks is especially egregious. GSP of all people has the same jab animation of everyone else.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:40 AM   #5
Rookie

The Senator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmageek
Fighter uniqueness has been an issue for me for a long time. Like a poster above said, I’d be totally cool with using a smaller roster if it meant having more unique animations to each fighter.

I hate to always compare it to other sports games, but can you imagine if you were playing 2K and Curry, Giannis, LeBron, and Luka all had the same jump shot/layup package. The lack of variation for jabs and hooks is especially egregious. GSP of all people has the same jab animation of everyone else.
I do think that to some degree, this is somewhat of an EA-wide issue. Whether it be UFC, Madden, FIFA, NHL, modern EA games generally seem to place signature animations and individualism at a relatively low priority, preferring for everyone to have that EA generic feel. If I had to guess, it probably is a three prong issue, one third in terms of cost saving, one third in terms of standardizing things for "e-sports" play and one third in terms of keeping things basic for the lowest common denominator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator
I do think that to some degree, this is somewhat of an EA-wide issue. Whether it be UFC, Madden, FIFA, NHL, modern EA games generally seem to place signature animations and individualism at a relatively low priority, preferring for everyone to have that EA generic feel. If I had to guess, it probably is a three prong issue, one third in terms of cost saving, one third in terms of standardizing things for "e-sports" play and one third in terms of keeping things basic for the lowest common denominator.
It certainly makes me wish that 2K was doing a UFC game. Granted, 2K doesn’t make perfect basketball/wrestling games, but the visual presentation has always been much better and true to life than EA. You’ve always been able to edit more, whether it be appearance or in-game moves with 2K as well.

I mean, seriously, if 2K even put out a Bellator game it would be a problem for EA.
Old 08-11-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

It's hit or miss for me.

I will say I had a HELLUVA fun time with Sandhagen yesterday in ranked.

Very big and long reach ... well rounded ... nice clinch work ... strong off the back in case a Cejudo takes ya down ... felt very different than when I was playing w/ Garbrandt earlier

But yea some fighters more generic than others it seems. The Move levels do make a HUGE difference so be sure to check those out on each fighter you use and tune your style as needed
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »