Home

PES on PC

This is a discussion on PES on PC within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
PES on PC

I am seriously considering getting a laptop capable of running PES along with the usual things we use them for but I have one question if someone can help me out. Can you download the game via a WiFi connection or do you need an Ethernet cable? I have been looking into pc gaming for a while, and something in my mind says that I read it somewhere about an Ethernet cable being needed to download the game. Of course, now I am researching laptops etc I can’t find anything that will answer this question!

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: PES on PC

Absolutely you can download the game via WiFi. What gave you the impression you needed an ethernet cable? To my knowledge you can only download the game via Steam.

I have purchased several PES games on Steam and I have downloaded them both ways, via WiFi and Ethernet.

Create a Steam account and when you get your laptop you can download the game.

If you have a PS4 the game should still be on sale for $7.49 (Standard) and the Legends Edition is $9.99, however it does not include the Season Update for 2021.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...all__PES_2020/
Old 08-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by villabraves
I am seriously considering getting a laptop capable of running PES along with the usual things we use them for but I have one question if someone can help me out. Can you download the game via a WiFi connection or do you need an Ethernet cable? I have been looking into pc gaming for a while, and something in my mind says that I read it somewhere about an Ethernet cable being needed to download the game. Of course, now I am researching laptops etc I can’t find anything that will answer this question!

I don't have it on PC but I've downloaded Madden through wifi, and strategy games through Steam without the cable.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Most definitely you can download it via wifi like most others have said and I can't recommend it enough to jump into PC gaming if you are enjoy your sports games mostly offline. I recently just got me a ASUS ROG M15 and it's been great and playing PES on it with the best mods is really fun I can't believe I wait so long to jump back into PC gaming. Also what is your budget for a laptop?
Old 08-12-2020, 06:06 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Fan
Absolutely you can download the game via WiFi. What gave you the impression you needed an ethernet cable? To my knowledge you can only download the game via Steam.

I have purchased several PES games on Steam and I have downloaded them both ways, via WiFi and Ethernet.

Create a Steam account and when you get your laptop you can download the game.

If you have a PS4 the game should still be on sale for $7.49 (Standard) and the Legends Edition is $9.99, however it does not include the Season Update for 2021.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9...all__PES_2020/

Great thanks for the info. I can’t remember where but I know I saw it written saying ethernet cable needed to download the game but I did think in this day and age we should be using WiFi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Most definitely you can download it via wifi like most others have said and I can't recommend it enough to jump into PC gaming if you are enjoy your sports games mostly offline. I recently just got me a ASUS ROG M15 and it's been great and playing PES on it with the best mods is really fun I can't believe I wait so long to jump back into PC gaming. Also what is your budget for a laptop?

Thanks for your reply. I need to recheck online but that may actually be one of the laptops I’ve saved in my wishlist. I keep seeing so many saying that with mods on PC, PES is a different game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59

I just checked and there are three ASUS ROG M15 listed at Best Buy. Which one did you get? One is 4K UHD and the other two I think the difference is the amount of SSD and the graphics card.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #7
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I just checked and there are three ASUS ROG M15 listed at Best Buy. Which one did you get? One is 4K UHD and the other two I think the difference is the amount of SSD and the graphics card.

I got the 1660 Ti - 512GB SSD version on sale few weeks back its good but the fans gets loud when running PES on high settings, apparently this is kind of the norm with certain gaming laptops.

Last edited by RoyceDa59; 08-12-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #8
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

I play on both a laptop and desktop and enjoy both, but you can always get more bang for your buck on a desktop.

Not trying to s-talk anyone's setup but if you aren't going to move it around, check what you can get in a desktop for the same budget. Not to mention you can upgrade a desktop over time which isn't possible with a laptop other than an SSD or RAM.

I only play my PC and Switch now. I might dust off my PS4 Pro for Ghost of Tsushima.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »