Home

Submission Stamina

This is a discussion on Submission Stamina within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2020, 01:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Submission Stamina

Why is it during submission attempts that the defender gasses and loses most,if not all, of their stamina while the attacker doesn't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Submission Stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear59
Why is it during submission attempts that the defender gasses and loses most,if not all, of their stamina while the attacker doesn't?
I'm not sure, but I think it depends on how frantically you move around. If you move the L-stick quickly during chokes or press L2+R2 hard during joint subs, the bigger the defender's bar gets and the faster he gasses
Old 08-15-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah if you go too fast or too slow during the mini game as a defender, your bar gets bigger and bigger.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:58 PM   #4
Pro

With that said, I never manage to do choke subs even if my opponent has no stamina, they always seem to be able to fill the bar much faster, even when I overlap
Old 08-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Hmmmmm

Is this definitely how it works? In other words, what are the things that makes the defenders bar larger, after all , the larger the bar the easier it is for the attacker to cover it.

For joint locks, what would do that?

And for chokes, what would ?

I keep hearing this "use finesse and dont press hard" but oddly enough when I DO hold down the trigger for joint defending, it literally grows smaller. Isnt that what I want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2020, 02:58 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Hmmmmm

Is this definitely how it works? In other words, what are the things that makes the defenders bar larger, after all , the larger the bar the easier it is for the attacker to cover it.

For joint locks, what would do that?

And for chokes, what would ?

I keep hearing this "use finesse and dont press hard" but oddly enough when I DO hold down the trigger for joint defending, it literally grows smaller. Isnt that what I want?
Yes, you want it small. The best strategy for me is it do about 50% on each trigger. Then just rock em a bit like your milking a cow. You will be escaping joint locks completely gassed and providing milk for your family in no time.
For the chokes, just go smooth and semi slow. You don't need to be out of the opponents bar completely to be escaping.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2020, 02:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil97
Yes, you want it small. The best strategy for me is it do about 50% on each trigger. Then just rock em a bit like your milking a cow. You will be escaping joint locks completely gassed and providing milk for your family in no time.
For the chokes, just go smooth and semi slow. You don't need to be out of the opponents bar completely to be escaping.

Ok sounds about right.

LOL @ cow

BUT, should I really be escaping anything without stamina?

Also, I noticed that for attacking chokes, I need to be 100% covered on their color. Right?
Old 08-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmbjj
Ok sounds about right.

LOL @ cow

BUT, should I really be escaping anything without stamina?

Also, I noticed that for attacking chokes, I need to be 100% covered on their color. Right?
I'm fine with being able to escape with no stamina, but it should be a real struggle. I would like the chokes to be closer to what they were in the beta (the standing guillotine needs to be addressed in correlation). Sure people were getting choked left and right, but 90% of people were doing the mini game wrong and extremely poorly.

For attacking, try to keep them covered as much as you can while hitting the button prompts for chains and strikes first. Stamina and stats play a part in how fast that bottom meter progresses.

Regarding the OP, I too have found myself on the receiving end of conservative sub attempts while my stamina just sits at zero. Not sure what to say regarding that. I'm able to escape still even when a guy used a BJJ CAF (even some good players are not great at the mini game), but it was frustrating having to work my stamina back after escaping.

Last edited by Evil97; 08-15-2020 at 03:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »