Home

Stadium Accuracy/Feedback Thread for MLB The Show 21

This is a discussion on Stadium Accuracy/Feedback Thread for MLB The Show 21 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2020, 07:34 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Stadium Accuracy/Feedback Thread for MLB The Show 21

Hey y'all.

I know this might be somewhat of a tricky thread to have this year since none of us can be inside MLB ballparks, but I think we can gather enough information for necessary stadium changes based on:

a. TV broadcasts

b. Fixes that have been needed for multiple years (the upper deck tarps in Oakland, for instance)

As always, let's try to keep our posts as organized and easy-to-follow as possible, and use photos/screenshots whenever applicable. And, for reference, here's last year's thread.

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ChaseB; 04-24-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
Let's Go Pens!

LetsGoBucs's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Stadium Accuracy/Feedback Thread for MLB The Show 21

PNC Park changed the right field out of town scoreboard to a video board. It still has the out of town scores during play, but animations/video during breaks in play.

NBA: Denver Nuggets, Orlando Magic
NCAA: Penn State Nittany Lions, Boston College Eagles

Last edited by LetsGoBucs; 08-16-2020 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Added another image
Old 08-16-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Copy-pasting my list that I've built and posted over the past couple years. Maybe 21 on PS5 will be the year this stuff is updated. It's just an immersion breaker to have some of these things that have been wrong for 3-5+ years at this point

STADIUM NAME: Kauffman Stadium

DESCRIPTION: Right Field Porch Sign - For years this was a Budweiser script sign, and for the 2017 and 2018 seasons, it was changed to Blue Moon. Even if the text could say something like ‘The Show’ with a baseball between the words, that would be better than the big rectangular The Show sign that's currently in-game.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Outfield LF & RF Wall LED Signage - At Kauffman, the LED boards extend further than what is currently in The Show. In The Show, there is a fixed graphic at the end towards the bullpen(s), but in reality, the LED board extends all the way to the bullpen edge. Only the last graphic, towards center field, is non-LED.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Grass Pattern - I love when the Royals mow the crown in to the outfield grass. But truthfully, this was almost exclusively used in the playoff runs of 2014-15. Seeing it still in for every game in The Show makes it less special. I would prefer The Show had the much more common checker pattern for the field, and thick parallel lines in foul territory as the Royals use 99% of the time.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Upper Deck Advertisements - In The Show, these upper deck vomitories are solid concrete. However, in real life, the two big ones on the sides of the upper deck should have large (mostly blue) sponsor graphics on them. Also, at the top of the press box area are two long 'roof tops'. The Show has these as a plain color, but these should also be sponsored mostly blue.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Kauffman Stadium Broadcast Pitching Cam - It seems like the angle of the camera is just a bit off. The zoom is about right, but I think the camera needs to swing around to show a little bit more to the right. I think the focal length of the camera needs changed a little too, because you can see that the dirt circle around home plate runs off the left and right edges in the real broadcast. It's easiest to compare when you look at the advertisement panels on the backstop. It doesn't take away from the game, but as someone that watches most Royals games, and also plays loads of The Show each year, it's enough that I notice it and it takes away just enough from the realism.

PICTURES:
Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Right field outfield stadium design -
  1. Blue Moon Sign - As noted in past years, it would look so much more believable if the big rectangle "The Show" sign could be updated to be free standing text instead. Before Blue Moon, it was Budweiser, but even then it was still freestanding text. It's a minor thing but I think it would be a much better representation to what's there if the text said "The Show" with a baseball between the two words, for instance.
  2. Blue Canopy under Blue Moon Sign - The canopy used to be red, when Budweiser was the main sponsor, but has been blue the last couple of seasons to go along with the Blue Moon sponsorship.
  3. Area Under the Blue Moon Taproom - In The Show, the area behind the last row of seats (below the Blue Moon Taproom) is shown as closed off with glass. I would say it's extremely rare that the glass is closed during games. All of the photos you see have it open, and I can't remember a time when I've been to the game and seen it closed. It would look a lot better if that glass was removed and you could see people and standing tables, etc in there.
  4. Price Chopper Patio - This was a new addition last year. Even if it could be a box that says "The Show" and then freestanding text that says "PATIO", that would be awesome. This area is essentially just a covered patio for group ticket sales.
  5. Boulevard Brewery Smokestack - Pretty self explanatory but the smokestack has been at Kauffman Stadium for the past few years now.
  6. George Brett, Dick Howser, Frank White and the Kauffmans Statues - Just behind the fountains, at the edge of the concourse are the (4) large statues of these people. It would be awesome to have these included, similar to how other stadium in The Show have statues that show up pregame.

PICTURES:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

DESCRIPTION: Left field outfield stadium design -

PICTURES:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by beau21; 08-16-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:33 AM   #4
MVP

Oracle Park (Part I)

1. Usually, there are no batboys on stools near the on-deck circles at Oracle. I have noticed some batboys this year, but I'm unsure if that's just temporary.

2. After removing the bullpens, the Giants seemed to have added a couple of extra rows of seating near their former locations. Notice how the seats on the first two rows are darker and don't have cup holders. You can also see how the wall has been brought in to accommodate.

Spoiler

Spoiler

3. The Chevron ad along the left field wall has been changed so that the car on the far left no longer obstructs the view of fans. Credit to @Snotrocket40 on Twitter for the comparison photos.

Spoiler

Spoiler

4. The team removed the three World Series pennants from the left field wall. They've been replaced by an ad and a 354 foot marker.

Spoiler

5. The wall height is varied in center field. The portion in dead center is of “normal” height (i.e. slightly taller than the wall in left), while the rest is slightly shorter.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

6. The signage on the tops of the dugout roofs have some very slight differences compared to what's in-game, namely the bridge logo is absent from both, and the stadium logo is present on the home side.

Spoiler

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 09-13-2020 at 06:30 AM.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:46 AM   #5
bb9
Rookie

bb9's Arena

OVR: 4

First off, I love that the PNC video board shot was Cubs Eliminated from Playoffs!

Miller Park home plate circle is ridiculously gigantic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Yankee Stadium

The Yankees added two new LED Ribbon Boards in LF and RF behind the second deck seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg thumbnail.jpeg (89.0 KB, 539 views)
Old 08-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #7
MVP

Oracle Park (Part II)

1. During the off-season, the Giants announced that netting would be extended to the foul poles. I assume that's still the plan for when fans are allowed at sporting events.

2. Typically, there is a corporate sponsor next to the K-Board on the right field wall. Because there are no fans to turn the placards, the entire display has been removed for this season, but I assume it will return. Also, every third K is orange, while the rest are white on a green background.

Spoiler

3. There is an Oracle Park logo near the left field foul pole. That space is currently occupied by a Topps logo in-game.

Spoiler

4. There is no more corporate sponsor underneath the big glove.

Spoiler

5. The park's iconic foghorn has been moved to the top of the cafe in left-center field.

Spoiler

6. There seems to be a new bar area underneath one of the scoreboard's light towers. It has Coors Light branding. The plexiglass/drink rail seen in the photo below is also present underneath the other scoreboard light tower. Also, note the pitch clock and Mitsubishi logo.

Spoiler

7. In right-center field, there's a placard commemorating Barry Bonds' 756th home run.

Spoiler

8. The right field sections (145-152) should have bleacher-style seating, not individual seats. Unlike the bleachers in left and center field, however, these ones have backs.

Spoiler

9. The Giants added a new bar/group area to the Club Level. It's located near the left field corner and it's called the Alaska Airlines Premier Club. Photos can be found here.

10. The Giants made some changes to their retired number display near the left field foul pole. First, they moved the placards honoring the franchise's three Ford C. Frick award winners (which look like this) to beneath the broadcast booth. Second, they shifted the two placards honoring Christy Mathewson and John McGraw (the ones that just say "NY" instead of a number) closer to the "Remember '51" sign.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 10-03-2020 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb9
Miller Park home plate circle is ridiculously gigantic.
has anybody noticed on tv games the last month if Miller Park was changed IRL and this is why the Studio changed their Miller Park too?

A Work in Progress

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »