Home

Classic Teams - MLB 20

This is a discussion on Classic Teams - MLB 20 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4
Classic Teams - MLB 20

The details on each of my roster projects for MLB 20 are listed below.

PSN > BostonRob75

All Time Top 50
This top 50 all-time set is completely rerated. The all-time top 25 are at the MLB level with an extra man on the 40 man roster to fullfill the 26 man requirements, the next 25 are at the AAA and a mixture of current players and classic players that never made the cut are in AA. I used WAR as a sorting tool but didn't go by that metric alone. This set plays exceptionally well as I used JTommy's RBU career ratings. Very few players fall in the 90s range and a good range from high 80s to low 60s. There are no duplicate players.

All-Decade Teams
With the rebranding option, I thought it was a good time to select the best players from each decade and create neat uniforms for each squad. Combined decade teams are in the West divisions of each league and there are also two "Young Guns" teams at the AAA level for each league under Houston and San Francisco. These teams consist of the young current stars just for additional variety. There are no duplicate players, and the team rosters and placements are listed below.

NL Team Rosters - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

AL Team Rosters - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Orioles (2010s)
Red Sox (2000s)
Yankees (1990s)
Rays (1980s)
Blue Jays (1970s)

White Sox (1960s)
Indians (1950s)
Tigers (1940s)
Royals (1930s)
Twins (1920s)

Angels (2000-2019)
A's (1980 - 1999)
Mariners (1960 - 1979)
Rangers (1940-1959)
Astros (1920 -1939)

Braves (2010s)
Marlins (2000s)
Nationals (1990s)
Mets (1980s)
Phillies (1970s)

Cubs (1960s)
Reds (1950s)
Brewers (1940s)
Pirates (1930s)
Cardinals (1920s)

Diamondbacks (2000-2019)
Rockies (1980-1999)
Dodgers (1960-1979)
Padres (1940-1959)
Giants (1920-1939)

Classic Teams
These rosters on the spreadsheet are built on an updated MLB 19 2020 roster. The current major leaguers will be moved to the AA level and present-day AAA players will remain untouched.

The idea behind these sets is to make uniforms for the "relocated" teams listed in brackets on the spreadsheets below. The concept is to have the same eras in the same division for more head to head play to create balance. Since we can't have custom leagues yet, this was my answer to that. They are effectively arranged for playoff mode as well as you could have like era teams competing against each other. If you use them in playoff mode, or if creating uniforms doesn't interest you, at least you'll still have accurate classic teams if you choose to download these rosters. You'll just have to export/import the players to their original franchise. There are no duplicate players and each team has a 26 man roster.

I have offered 6 complete classic sets in total (see spreadsheet below). Any Classic Team roster labeled 1.0, 1.1 etc will consist mainly of teams from the 1960s, 1980s, and 2000s. The rosters labeled 2.0, 2.1 will have teams from 1940s/50s, 1970s, and 1990s.

Classic Teams 1.0
Classic Teams 1.1
Classic Teams 1.2
Classic Teams 2.0
Classic Teams 2.1
Classic Teams 2.2
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Sensational 70s
This set features the best players for each franchise of the decade that I fell in love with this game. I positioned players on each franchise by the number of years of service primarily, but exceptions were made for outlier years (career bests or individual awards, all-star appearances etc) and I also made decisions based on competitive balance. I have also included 4 Negro league teams for non-era franchises (Rays - Homestead Grays, Marlins - Kansas City Monarchs, DBacks - Chicago American Giants, Rockies - Newark Eagles). I won't be relocating the Brewers and Astros for folks that don't dig uniform creation, but I'll be moving them in an alternate set.

With the exception of the Negro league teams, the era franchises will feature at least 50 players (26 at MLB and 24 at AAA). The Negro League teams will have a base of at least 26 players at the MLB level. Players' ratings are a bit different in this set. They are not rated over the decade as most have a rating that may represent their best season in the 70s. There are also players included that were drafted by these teams of the 70s but they may not have played in the 70s. The Negro League players are rated on a career basis, and these teams are also all-time teams, not year-specific. I uploaded uniform and hat logos to the vault for the Negro League teams as well. Enjoy!

Spectacular 60s
This set features the best players for each franchise of the 1960s. As with the 70s set, I positioned players on each franchise by the number of years of service primarily, but exceptions were made for outlier years (career bests or individual awards, all-star appearances etc.) and I also made decisions based on competitive balance. I have also included 6 Negro League teams for non-era franchises (Rays - Homestead Grays, Marlins - Kansas City Monarchs, DBacks - Chicago American Giants, Brewers - Newark Eagles, Blue Jays – Philadelphia Stars, Rockies – Baltimore Elite Giants). The Astros were left in the AL in the Houston team slot.

With the exception of the Negro league teams, the era franchises will feature at least 50 players (26 at MLB and 24 at AAA). The Negro League teams will have a base of at least 26 players at the MLB level. Players' ratings are a bit different in this set. They are not rated over the decade as most have a rating that may represent their best season in the 60s. There are also players included that were drafted by these teams of the 60s but they may not have played in the bigs. The Negro League players are rated on a career basis, and these teams are also all-time teams, not year-specific. I uploaded uniform and hat logos to the vault for the Negro League teams as well. Enjoy!

*NOTE - If you wanted a pure decade experience, there are alternative versions of the Spectacular 60s and Sensational 70s with the Negro League teams removed and replaced with random players that played in the decades. Many thanks to doncropper for setting these up. These altered sets are denoted in the vault with NNL at the end (non-Negro League).

Electrifying 80s and Nifty 90s
These decade sets feature the best players for each franchise for the 1980s and 1990s. In the 80s set for the non-era teams, random players from the decade were used to fill these teams. I didn't build these sets from scratch as the lion share of the work was already in place. I used Htskr21's Stratomatic 80s 90 man set for my base for the Electrifying 80s, and I used Long Ball And Legends The 1990’s 90 Man Fantasy Roster V2 by Ridinsrosters for my Nifty 90s set. I did alter some ratings and relocated and added players to put my own spin on their fine work. All teams are 26 man sets with robust minor league levels for franchise play. As with all my offerings, proper uniform numbers and lineups are up to the end-users. I've combed over these sets to ensure there are no duplicate players, but if you see any I may have missed, just copy over one version of the player with a generic CAP as I have some in the sets as placeholders.

Tremendous 2000s
This set is a 90 man offering of the best players for each franchise from 2000-2009. I ported Aboti's fantastic 2007 roster to MLBTS20 and used it as my base. I did adjust ratings and created a few players myself, but I'd like to thank those who posted 2000 season rosters in the vault as I picked players from these sets to round out each franchise. As with all my offerings, proper uniform numbers and lineups are up to the end-users. I've combed over these sets to ensure there are no duplicate players, but if you see any I may have missed, just go back to one of the 2000 sets in the vault (Aboti's 2007 set would be a good set to use) and choose a player to copy over the duplicate as I won't be reposting an updated version. Enjoy!

Perfect 10s
This set is a 90 man offering of the best players for each franchise from 2010-2019. I ported Ridins 2019 full minors to use as my base and a shoutout once again to Aboti's fantastic 2012 roster to MLBTS20. I did quite a bit of work adjusting ratings and created a few players myself, but I take no credit for the fantastic likenesses of many of the CAPS included here . As with all my offerings, proper uniform numbers and lineups are up to the end-users. I've combed over these sets to ensure there are no duplicate players, but if you see any I may have missed, just go back to one of the sets I mentioned above and choose a player to copy over the duplicate as I won't be reposting an updated version. Enjoy!

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 10-07-2022 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2020, 11:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Classic Teams - MLB 20

Will check em all out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Well, I finally made the journey to MLB 20 and uploaded three rosters to the vault. The details on each are below. I'm taking some time to fine-tune these sets as improvements have been made since I uploaded these to the MLB 19 vault.

PSN > BostonRob75

All Time Top 50
This top 50 all-time set is completely rerated. The all-time top 25 are at the MLB level with an extra man on the 40 man roster to fullfill the 26 man requirements, the next 25 are at the AAA and a mixture of current players and classic players that never made the cut are in AA. I used WAR as a sorting tool but didn't go by that metric alone. This set plays exceptionally well as I used JTommy's RBU career ratings. Very few players fall in the 90s range and a good range from high 80s to low 60s. There are no duplicate players.

All-Decade Teams
With the rebranding option, I thought it was a good time to select the best players from each decade and create neat uniforms for each squad. Combined decade teams are in the West divisions of each league and there are also two "Young Guns" teams at the AAA level for each league under Houston and San Francisco. These teams consist of the young current stars just for additional variety. There are no duplicate players, and the team rosters and placements are listed below.

Orioles (2010s)
Red Sox (2000s)
Yankees (1990s)
Rays (1980s)
Blue Jays (1970s)

White Sox (1960s)
Indians (1950s)
Tigers (1940s)
Royals (1930s)
Twins (1920s)

Angels (2000-2019)
A's (1980 - 1999)
Mariners (1960 - 1979)
Rangers (1940-1959)
Astros (1920 -1939)

Braves (2010s)
Marlins (2000s)
Nationals (1990s)
Mets (1980s)
Phillies (1970s)

Cubs (1960s)
Reds (1950s)
Brewers (1940s)
Pirates (1930s)
Cardinals (1920s)

Diamondbacks (2000-2019)
Rockies (1980-1999)
Dodgers (1960-1979)
Padres (1940-1959)
Giants (1920-1939)

Classic Teams
These rosters on the spreadsheet are built on an updated MLB 19 2020 roster. The current major leaguers will be moved to the AA level and present-day AAA players will remain untouched.

The idea behind these sets is to make uniforms for the "relocated" teams listed in brackets on the spreadsheets below. The concept is to have the same eras in the same division for more head to head play to create balance. Since we can't have custom leagues yet, this was my answer to that. They are effectively arranged for playoff mode as well as you could have like era teams competing against each other. If you use them in playoff mode, or if creating uniforms doesn't interest you, at least you'll still have accurate classic teams if you choose to download these rosters. You'll just have to export/import the players to their original franchise. There are no duplicate players and each team has a 26 man roster.

I plan on offering 3 more complete classic sets in the fall and I'll add them to the spreadsheet as they are completed. Any Classic Team roster labeled 1.0, 1.1 etc will consist mainly of teams from the 1960s, 1980s, and 2000s. The rosters labeled 2.0, 2.1 will have teams from 1940s/50s, 1970s, and 1990s. The first set uploaded is listed below.

Classic Teams 1.0 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Sent from my LM-K500 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-19-2020, 10:31 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nice job bro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongahden
Well, I finally made the journey to MLB 20 and uploaded three rosters to the vault. The details on each are below. I'm taking some time to fine-tune these sets as improvements have been made since I uploaded these to the MLB 19 vault.

PSN > BostonRob75

All Time Top 50

All-Decade Teams

Orioles (2010s)
Red Sox (2000s)
Yankees (1990s)
Rays (1980s)
Blue Jays (1970s)

White Sox (1960s)
Indians (1950s)
Tigers (1940s)
Royals (1930s)
Twins (1920s)

Angels (2000-2019)
A's (1980 - 1999)
Mariners (1960 - 1979)
Rangers (1940-1959)
Astros (1920 -1939)

Braves (2010s)
Marlins (2000s)
Nationals (1990s)
Mets (1980s)
Phillies (1970s)

Cubs (1960s)
Reds (1950s)
Brewers (1940s)
Pirates (1930s)
Cardinals (1920s)

Diamondbacks (2000-2019)
Rockies (1980-1999)
Dodgers (1960-1979)
Padres (1940-1959)
Giants (1920-1939)

Classic Teams

I plan on offering 3 more complete classic sets in the fall and I'll add them to the spreadsheet as they are completed. Any Classic Team roster labeled 1.0, 1.1 etc will consist mainly of teams from the 1960s, 1980s, and 2000s. The rosters labeled 2.0, 2.1 will have teams from 1940s/50s, 1970s, and 1990s. The first set uploaded is listed below.

Classic Teams 1.0 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Sent from my LM-K500 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

My first win with my Classic Teams 1.0 roster. I rebranded both these teams as the 86 Sawx nipped the 87 Jays. The Red Sox dodged a bases-loaded jam with one out in the ninth but Bob Stanley bailed them out.

Follow me on Twitter:
Old 08-26-2020, 11:28 PM   #5
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

A new classic team set, Classic Teams 2.0, has been added to the spreadsheet on the OP and has also been uploaded to the vault.

Follow me on Twitter:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 07:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was thinking about doing a 1970 world series matchup and you happen to have 1970 orioles can you consider doing the '70 reds
-Logs
Old 08-27-2020, 10:02 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Hey Rob, like the Toronto Blue Jays Jersey's, Can you upload your Jersey's as a Zip File? I believe we can share jersey's using the PS4 Wizard?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
Hey Rob, like the Toronto Blue Jays Jersey's, Can you upload your Jersey's as a Zip File? I believe we can share jersey's using the PS4 Wizard?
Let us know if this works. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »