Home

MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY

This is a discussion on MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2020, 04:53 AM   #1
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

OVR: 2
MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqaFZxUhFxQ&t=574s

hello there everyone!

i don't know if there is already an existing thread about this, but i just saw this morning on youtube this video allegedly from the Madden 21 beta.

For someone who was not able to play the beta like me, this was the first time to really catch a glimpse of the new game, and this was really a letdown. basically it just looks like madden 20, with maybe a little better presentation of the super bowl and not much more.

anyway, feel free to delete if this thread does not belong here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 05:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN 21 BETA GAMEPLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilgoosy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqaFZxUhFxQ&t=574s

hello there everyone!

i don't know if there is already an existing thread about this, but i just saw this morning on youtube this video allegedly from the Madden 21 beta.

For someone who was not able to play the beta like me, this was the first time to really catch a glimpse of the new game, and this was really a letdown. basically it just looks like madden 20, with maybe a little better presentation of the super bowl and not much more.

anyway, feel free to delete if this thread does not belong here
I played the beta. Nearly identical to M20. Gameplay was slightly smoother and better player builds are the main differences i saw. Demo videos come out later this week. If it is a copy and paste job for franchise than no point to buy this year for me...
Old 08-18-2020, 05:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Lilgoosy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
I played the beta. Nearly identical to M20. Gameplay was slightly smoother and better player builds are the main differences i saw. Demo videos come out later this week. If it is a copy and paste job for franchise than no point to buy this year for me...
i could not tell there was also better player builds. let's hope we'll see something more deserving with the next gen version
Old 08-18-2020, 07:22 AM   #4
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

This is definitely beta footage, the longest public beta footage I’ve seen. Not too swift to do that, and it looks like he’s remote on an iPad. Game looks good but it’s beta. It’s pruned in all kinds of ways, tackling being the worst best example of that. Let’s hope that is not the way tackling will finish out this gen.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I played the beta extensively. The game may look the same (and yes I was disappointed as well when initially playing) but it plays much different, it's slower and there's more control. So don't go by what you see, have to try it out. If you're in doubt use the EA access or rent it and see for yourself when it drops.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

I watched the video last night when I found it. The only way I could tell it wasn’t 20 was the score bar. Even the commentating was exactly the same. I’ll try it on EA Access but this might be the first time I won’t have the current Madden. I have a great franchise going in 20, and I’ve been playing M25 a lot lately. The day Madden comes out is like a holiday for me. The lack of videos, and even screenshots tells me not much has changed, especially in franchise. I’ve had every Madden since the start. Just not worth it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
Rookie

I wonder if in franchise u can put controller in middle?
Old 08-18-2020, 12:12 PM   #8
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

There was a thread about beta gameplay feedback already (not hard to find). I've played the beta & it played different from 20. Definitely thought it was an improvement. I think it would be some what of a disservice to yourself just watching a video on youtube tbh. I mean people love the show & talk about how amazing it is. Coming from someone that hasn't played the show since 18, I would see a video on youtube of the latest & it looks just like every other yr & I say meh baseball. Of course it's all going to come down to which side of the spectrum/mindset you have when it comes to Madden.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 08-18-2020 at 12:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »