Home

A few gameplay questions.

This is a discussion on A few gameplay questions. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A few gameplay questions.

Hello all - got a couple of gameplay related things I'm unsure about.

1) Takedown defense. I was very good at TD in UFC 3 (as I imagine most people were...) but really struggling in 4. Can I already be holding R2 and hold L2 as soon as I see them shoot or do I need to let go of R2 and then press both R2 and L2? I'm also unsure about movement of the left stick (I understand to move up or down depending on the way they turn - that's fine) as I've read people saying you should hold backwards along with R2 + L2 or you should hold forwards also - any definitive answer on this?

2) Am I correct in thinking that when I have my back against the cage in clinch holding R2 will block all strikes but allow my opponent to take my back but if I hold down (or up depending on view) and my fighter grabs the opponents arm they can no longer take my back but I can't block strikes?

3) Finally anyone had any success with chokes and wishes to share some tactics? Joint subs are straight forward to finish if applied at the right time (low stamina etc) but I feel players can cheese the choke sub by randomly moving their bar to the opposite side and I can't catch them regardless of stamina disparity.

Thanks for the help folks - just trying to get better!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
MVP

Re: A few gameplay questions.

1) you can do either . Hold it down in anticipation or on reaction. I would advise that you keep holding it till you are safe or you fail. If you see them moving to in a direction while you are in a takedown drive move your left stick to follow them .

High takedowns are broken at the moment so they are hard to defend against . So don't beat yourself up if you miss it.

2. Yes you are right.

However I once your see them that arm move from cage single under ( to take your back ) you must to do the same.

Rule of thumb if their backs are to you : left stick down .

If the fighters chests are facing you : left stick up

This will block the back clinch .

However on a stream last night I saw that even when you deny the back clinch from cage single under the DOM will still take your back ( bag pack ). Why this happens is beyond me.

3. Joint submissions : if you don't press anything your bar will rest in the middle.

Stamina/ submission stats matter a lot in both mini games. McKenzie Fern's bar is naturally much bigger when tries to submit someone.

Good luck.

Sent from my Infinix X604 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyOfJive
Hello all - got a couple of gameplay related things I'm unsure about.

1) Takedown defense. I was very good at TD in UFC 3 (as I imagine most people were...) but really struggling in 4. Can I already be holding R2 and hold L2 as soon as I see them shoot or do I need to let go of R2 and then press both R2 and L2? I'm also unsure about movement of the left stick (I understand to move up or down depending on the way they turn - that's fine) as I've read people saying you should hold backwards along with R2 + L2 or you should hold forwards also - any definitive answer on this?

2) Am I correct in thinking that when I have my back against the cage in clinch holding R2 will block all strikes but allow my opponent to take my back but if I hold down (or up depending on view) and my fighter grabs the opponents arm they can no longer take my back but I can't block strikes?

3) Finally anyone had any success with chokes and wishes to share some tactics? Joint subs are straight forward to finish if applied at the right time (low stamina etc) but I feel players can cheese the choke sub by randomly moving their bar to the opposite side and I can't catch them regardless of stamina disparity.

Thanks for the help folks - just trying to get better!
1) You can hold. Focus on where the opponent's head goes, it is much easier than trying to read the body. If the head turns up deny up, etc.

2) You deny in the direction your back is facing. If your back is facing downward you will deny that way. In order to revert from sub back clinch to single under though you need to transition in the direction of your opponent. So if your opponent is to your right (You are being pressed on the left side of the cage, the red side) then you transition to the right to get back to normal.

3) Some people flick very similar to 3, this will generally cause their stamina to drain fast. You can still tap these people out you just need to learn their patterns, the most important thing with subs is actually the quick time button presses
Old 08-19-2020, 05:17 AM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the replies chaps.
Old 08-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

1) if you're trying to deny a takedown and want to sprawl (if it's appropriate), you need to push LS in the direction your opponent is coming from. I.E, not LS away or the direction you're being driven to but LS toward point of impact. Not seen many dudes sprawl out or mention this, so thought I'd add it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_ya_mitts
1) if you're trying to deny a takedown and want to sprawl (if it's appropriate), you need to push LS in the direction your opponent is coming from. I.E, not LS away or the direction you're being driven to but LS toward point of impact. Not seen many dudes sprawl out or mention this, so thought I'd add it.
Are you sure ?

Old 08-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_ya_mitts
It’s actually holding away from your opponent and both triggers.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Drop_ya_mitts's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
Are you sure ?

100%. Being practising it in training solidly for an hour

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »