Home

Cloud-based Universe tool

This is a discussion on Cloud-based Universe tool within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #1
Pro

LarsP's Arena

OVR: 0
Cloud-based Universe tool

For the past few weeks I've been working on a tool to help me run my universe, so I can keep UFC 3 interesting for the coming years.

I'm building an app on the Salesforce platform, which some of you may know, or not.

The plan is to enable you guys to do the same thing, but I'm not there yet.

How does it work?
Salesforce is a company that provides cloud-based business software. It is highly customizable and easy to integrate with other systems.

So far I've created a tool to set up Events, with a injury generator included. On the fighter overview page you can find the rankings for his division. At the moment the rankings have to be adjusted manually, but I want to automate that.

It is really easy to import your own roster via a CSV file.

What's on the backlog?
- Better UI/UX
- Contracts
- Automate fighter's record update.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys think, and if you think that certain important features are missing.

Update #1

It will be free, and it will stay free. I don't even think I can legally ask you for money since I'm using the Salesforce platform.

I think I will have the first version ready in the next 2-3 weeks, but the first people to use it will basically be my beta testers.

How it will work;
Go over to https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/home and create a free account.
This will give you your own free Salesforce environment where you can practice and try stuff.

The Trailhead platform is a really extensive training platform, you can use it to make you feel more comfortable in Salesforce if you want, I don't think it is necessary, but there are a lot of career options in the Salesforce world ;-).

Right now there is not a lot more you can do. When I'm ready to release, I will provide you with custom code, instructions where to put it and instructions on how to create custom objects and fields.

I also started on creating an Event Overview based on the official UFC website:

Update #2
First version is live! Here is the link to github:
https://github.com/guapo-tech/UFC-Universe-Tracker

It is important to realize that the initial configuration takes quite a lot of work, and may require a little 'Mouse Clicking knowhow' (if that's a thing).

Also: The first people to try this are basically my beta testers, so you can expect some issues (I haven't run in to them yet, but I'm sure they exist). Please let me know if you run into something or if you have trouble with the configuration.

Last edited by LarsP; 08-26-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Cloud-based Universe tool

Awesome stuff. Excited to see where it goes.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #3
Rookie

Very exciting! I would love to be able to use this when it's available. When can we start using this? And how exactly will we get to it?
Old 08-19-2020, 12:53 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsP
For the past few weeks I've been working on a tool to help me run my universe, so I can keep UFC 3 interesting for the coming years.

I'm building an app on the Salesforce platform, which some of you may know, or not.

The plan is to enable you guys to do the same thing, but I'm not there yet.

How does it work?
Salesforce is a company that provides cloud-based business software. It is highly customizable and easy to integrate with other systems.

So far I've created a tool to set up Events, with a injury generator included. On the fighter overview page you can find the rankings for his division. At the moment the rankings have to be adjusted manually, but I want to automate that.

It is really easy to import your own roster via a CSV file.

What's on the backlog?
- Automated rankings
- Better UI/UX
- Contracts
- Automate fighter's record update.
- Creating a manual so the community can use this.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys think, and if you think that certain important features are missing.
This is pretty cool Lars. Nice job!
Old 08-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

It's funny because I've been thinking if there's any such software or a flash player-using site exactly like this, for this purpose. Great idea. How does your program work? Is it subscription based, is it free to use, when will it be available?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2020, 12:59 PM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

This is awesome. What's funny is someone else reached out to me about creating a similar tool and I've been advising him on it.

In a few months, we could have 1-2 more options/tools for people to run their universes.

This is so great.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:46 AM   #7
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I've updated the OP.
Old 08-20-2020, 12:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Just fyi automated rankings seem to be a very high priority for the group using my Universe. So this is something I'm currently working on and hope to release very soon. I think you will find the same demand for automated rankings when you do a beta test for yours, so just FYI of potential demand you may see for yours as well.

I'm glad there are multiple people working on a Universe to ensure that our community has at least a few successful options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »