Home

PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings

This is a discussion on PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2020, 11:23 PM   #1
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings

I figured it would be a good idea to have a thread to post what settings everyone is using for AI sliders/settings.

Post away!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2020, 11:58 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: PGA Tour 2K21 Career Mode AI Settings

AI doesn't mean much, it depends of what difficulty level you're playing. I remember some were complaining that expert AI was not -24 and better a round in TW14. Those guys were obviously not playing sim diagonal swing but with all aids on including putt preview, zoom to aim and mid-air spin. Seeing all those guys playing legend mode in this game unable to break par, I would guess settings would be one of the easiest for career mode.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:02 AM   #3
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
AI doesn't mean much, it depends of what difficulty level you're playing. I remember some were complaining that expert AI was not -24 and better a round in TW14. Those guys were obviously not playing sim diagonal swing but with all aids on including putt preview, zoom to aim and mid-air spin. Seeing all those guys playing legend mode in this game unable to break par, I would guess settings would be one of the easiest for career mode.

Sorry, I meant the sliders that you can do for how AI plays and things like that... I can post with what I’m talking about tomorrow when I have the game.

MrArlingtonBeach posted in a different thread that there’s a bunch of things you can change for AI and such in career mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-21-2020, 09:33 AM   #4
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Curious to see what people recommend for the AI as well. On "default" (Normal everything), I played two rounds on the Q School Final last night in Career mode. First round I shot a -6, which was good enough for 3rd. (Someone shot a -8). Next & final round, I ended up shooting only a -1 (bumped the difficulty up for this round), but the winning score was -10, so I was pleased to see that someone didnt shoot -8 two rounds in a row or something. (Which is certainly possible but very challenging obviously).

I'm sure on harder difficulty settings that happens more consistently.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Simply loving this game and with these awesome difficulty settings, I might be better at real golf than this game (but don’t hit it as far). Super challenge and I feel like it’s GOLF and not meter-watching on swings. Short game ESPECIALLY a challenge with these.

Difficulty preset: custom
Swing difficulty: pro
Swing timing: on
Distance control meter: putting only (gotta feel the shots)
Distance control assist: off (makes short game a super challenge)
Putt preview: 0
Course yardage: on
Pro Vision: all off except True Shot and Trajectory “on” (not aim only)
Scout camera: on
Lie grid: on
Green grid: on
Pin preference: out
Aim marker: on
Wind display: meter only
Distance display: carry

OTHER
Show flag marker: on
Ball trail: off

CAREER SETTINGS
Opponent difficulty: Normal
Conditions difficulty: Normal
Rounds Per: for Q-School just 1 but will do 4 rounds for everything else.
CPU Skill: 80%
CPU Event Skill Deviation: 5%. (Seems like this should be higher, but leaving for now.)
CPU Round Skill Deviation: 10%. (Ditto.)
CPU attendance: 90%
Wind: medium
Fairway and green firmness: default
Green speed: default

I hope this helps others. I’m 0-3 in Q-School but missing only by a stroke each time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2020, 12:21 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
Simply loving this game and with these awesome difficulty settings, I might be better at real golf than this game (but don’t hit it as far). Super challenge and I feel like it’s GOLF and not meter-watching on swings. Short game ESPECIALLY a challenge with these.

OTHER

CAREER SETTINGS
CPU Event Skill Deviation: 5%. (Seems like this should be higher, but leaving for now.)

I hope this helps others. I’m 0-3 in Q-School but missing only by a stroke each time.

Gonna try these I have yet to make it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Old 08-23-2020, 03:30 AM   #7
Rookie

CPU AI in this game being now "seeable" via the Pro's, has me excited firstly, but dubious about how genuine they are secondly.

I know they have put sliders in so we can choose the Skill Level of the CPU AI before starting our Careers....................but I really do need to find out if the shots that pop up occasionally, showing some of their shots as "just happened"............how do we know that these are not all pre-recorded in terms of the ball lie, ball physics, ball path, where the ball ends up, i.e. most times in the hole. All they needed to do was create about 1000 of them, and of course as shots come up to show us, they change the Pro playing the shot, and make it all look genuine, make it fit the course they are on, the look of the weather etc.

I do hope I am wrong, and that there is some genuine CPU AI going on in the background playing their shots using parameters similar to ours.

What kind of makes me feel my gut feeling is correct is due to them being reluctant to show us all their shots being played, as Rory's did, as the Tiger games did.

Why put a coder on this game to create a genuine CPU AI in the background if all the game shows is one off shots, mostly for the ball ending up in the hole? I don't go along with the theory that the modern gamer "has no interest in watching AI shots", because I damn well do, in fact if it had an option to watch CPU playing all the shots, I would be all in on that, this game looks beautiful on PC and deserves a genuine CPU AI to be in it.

If this CPU AI is 100% genuine and every shot we that we witness from the Pro's was organically having already been played live in the game, in the background before we see it.......then THIS GAME is one of the greatest sports games ever created.

I just need to find out for sure!!!

Last edited by dazzer169; 08-23-2020 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons

OTHER

CAREER SETTINGS

Minor update...NO tweaks to these sliders and I've now passed Q-School (birdie on last hole to make it) and in my first KF Tour event I'm currently in 35th place after two rounds. VERY challenging -- I'm fighting on every hole. I feel no need to make slider tweaks at this time. Hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »