Home

Rate UFC 4

This is a discussion on Rate UFC 4 within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Rate UFC 4
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 4 5.00%
7 16 20.00%
6 19 23.75%
5 12 15.00%
4 10 12.50%
3 7 8.75%
2 5 6.25%
1 7 8.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Rate UFC 4

On a scale 1-10 what do you rate UFC 4?

I rate it an 8. Improvement over 3 and the complaints imo dont outweigh the good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Rate UFC 4

Personally I struggle to give it a 7. Some nice improvements but the amount of things cut from the game and the abysmal roster ruins it for me. When you take into account that it took them 2 and a half years to release the game, I can’t give it anything more than a 6.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
Pro

Honestly this game is a 6 at best. There are just too many omissions that the team had previously introduced and had taken away, along with new choices that haven’t been received well. If I could take elements from UFC 2, UFC 3, UFC 4 and roll it together, I could give this a 8.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #4
Rookie

My opinion is that this is a 1 at best.

The game is literally broken, and missing features and positions from previous iterations.
Old 08-22-2020, 05:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

6.5, rounded up to a 7. Getting decent CAF features back would get it up to a solid 7. Gameplay polish and more fighters would get it to an 8. It would take some sort of big expansion of career or a universe mode to break through that wall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2020, 05:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Rated a 2.

More features and options removed than added. Unpolished and buggy with the dumbest cosmetic ever added to a sports game.

Gameplay is worse than its predecessor. Sluggish input, removed transitions, missing positions. Street fighter like striking, endless stamina, infinite td/clinch spam with no punishment.

I can keep going. This is just bad. We need gpd back if this game is going to be saved.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Look, I honestly was pissed about the direction they took with this iteration of the series but how anyone could objectively give a functional game a 1 out of 10 is beyond me. It works, you can get a couple hours of fun out if it, it has some different modes.

6 out of 10 for me as the removed features (and slew of new bugs/issues) have diminished my enjoyment compared to the previous games, which I would have given a 7-7.5. Anything lower than a 5 seems more like a protest vote and I just find that disingenuous.

The latest trend of 1/10 reviews for not liking the premise of a game or a single specific aspect of it seems counterintuitive to me. People are less likely to pay attention to your opinion if it doesn't seem like a fair and honest critique.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:10 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixedMetalArts
Look, I honestly was pissed about the direction they took with this iteration of the series but how anyone could objectively give a functional game a 1 out of 10 is beyond me. It works, you can get a couple hours of fun out if it, it has some different modes.

6 out of 10 for me as the removed features (and slew of new bugs/issues) have diminished my enjoyment compared to the previous games, which I would have given a 7-7.5. Anything lower than a 5 seems more like a protest vote and I just find that disingenuous.

The latest trend of 1/10 reviews for not liking the premise of a game or a single specific aspect of it seems counterintuitive to me. People are less likely to pay attention to your opinion if it doesn't seem like a fair and honest critique.

Calling this a "functional game" then saying it has bugs is disingenuous. There's literally people who get a purple screen when trying to play a match.

Less features, transitions, modes, and options than the last game. Releasing this game in the state it is in is disingenuous. What do we have "game changers" for if they allowed for the franchise to regress this bad?

Roster is a joke, cafs are a joke, but hey you can wear a unicorn mask now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »