Home

Lost features from UFC 1..But WHY???

This is a discussion on Lost features from UFC 1..But WHY??? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Lost features from UFC 1..But WHY???

So, I went the other day and looked at some UFC 1 gameplay. Surprisingly it was not that bad. (I loved how much better the player models were definition wise, and pre reebok trunks).

I redownloaded the game and I have come to the conclusion that many things were taken from this game.

1. Parrying- Why was this removed? In playing UFC I loved the ability to not have to perfectly sway to counter a punch. This needs to return ASAP. Also, I liked how you had to choose which side to block. Added even more skill, and if timed right you would have an evasive movement (which would add another level of signature animations for certain guys like Garbrandt when he makes you miss bad)

2. TKOs before KO - I had many matches that ended before my guy went out cold and still blocking. I couldn't be mad at the stoppages because I was done for, and the ref interaction was perfect. The ref stepped in mid punch even to literally "SAVE ME". It was beautiful to see, but also disheartening knowing that future iterations have strayed from this.

3. Brutal vicious Ground and Pound - We need a fast, brutal GNP back. In UFC 1, GNP felt scary, and the need to transition was a must. Now it wasn't all doom and gloom if u denied a transition, but there has to be an improvement. Elbows, hammer fist, even the transition mechanics needs to return.

4. Finish the fight flurries - While UFC 1 striking isn't as good as UFC 4s. It does have a much more frantic finishing system that better fits what we see from dudes when they have an opponent hurt. It would be great if this was added back and even revamped, so guys could choose to gas themselves going for the finish or play it safe and look for a better opportunity. That should be in this game for sure.

What do yall think? What else was taken out from this franchise that should be in still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Lost features from UFC 1..But WHY???

I miss parrying. It was a bit cheesy sometimes and it was also a bit too easy, but it’s a part of the sport and it should be in the game. If somebody is constantly leading with a straight right then let me parry it and counter them.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #3
Pro

mannyonelover's Arena

Flight finishers are absolutely horrible this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-24-2020, 12:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Sanchez
I miss parrying. It was a bit cheesy sometimes and it was also a bit too easy, but it’s a part of the sport and it should be in the game. If somebody is constantly leading with a straight right then let me parry it and counter them.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.
Like that's my thing exactly. Parrying was op to a degree, but it's a realistic fight option for alot of guys.

If anything it shouldve been a parrying rstinf because some dudes do it and are better than others. I would love to even see dudes able to roll with punches, I guess that would be harder but we need more defensive options beside block sway and a lunge.

We need a quick horizontal shuffle when countering and circling to stop the pressure
Old 08-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyonelover
Flight finishers are absolutely horrible this time around

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Is that due to the new system that was put in place or neglect?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #6
MVP

knee to the body from ea ufc2. Please bring it back.
Old 08-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tissues250

knee to the body from ea ufc2. Please bring it back.
Why was this taken out? Like wtf that's the main strike for that position.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #8
Rookie

SlimmerFredette's Arena

I have PTSD from good lawler players matching forward and parrying every shot into an overhand right. Parrying should most definitely NOT come back, it was way too easy. This is one of those things that was hated by the community and we shouldn't be walking backwards with this.

Last edited by SlimmerFredette; 08-24-2020 at 08:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »